ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite apocalypse movie?

OldWiseCock

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia
Every post seems to mention apocalypse so it got me thinking about movies.

So what's yours?

Here's a few of mine:

Children of Men
Twelve Monkeys
These Final Hours
Take Shelter
The Road
On the Beach
War of the Worlds (1953 version)

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later (but only the first few minutes... One of the greatest opening fight/chase scenes)
Zombieland
The Stand (the book more than the mini-series, but I do love the mini-series)
Twelve Monkeys (I kind of appreciated Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis after this one)

I Am Legend, liked the remake better than the original

The Road Warrior series. I'm also enjoying playing Fallout on my PC.

Also, Resident Evil is a contender (the games, not the films)

My favorite movie is "The Omega Man". Obviously, I am referring to the original version starring Charlton Heston. The deplorable remake version with Will Smith could not and will never hold a candle to the original film - period.

"Day After Tomorrow"

This was my favorite for how bad it was. I went to see it with a couple friends of mine who are liberals. They were all worked up after the movie, while I was laughing about how totally absurd it was. They were saying things like "It could really happen!" and commenting on how we just have to change I would just calmly tell them "of course it can't happen." On top of the most absurd premise of any doomsday movie ever, the acting was quite terrible.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I Am Legend, liked the remake better than the original
I like the novel better than any of the movies.

The Road is the bleakest movie I've ever seen, though it leaves a glimmer of hope. The novel was a total downer as well. I almost cried watching it.

"Day After Tomorrow"

This was my favorite for how bad it was. I went to see it with a couple friends of mine who are liberals. They were all worked up after the movie, while I was laughing about how totally absurd it was. They were saying things like "It could really happen!" and commenting on how we just have to change I would just calmly tell them "of course it can't happen." On top of the most absurd premise of any doomsday movie ever, the acting was quite terrible.
Liberals believe anything that supports their extreme ideology. The idea that melting polar ice can desalinize our oceans is simply laughable. Our oceans are so vast with 1 tablespoon of salt per gallon. There is just no way. I think the theory of earth crust displacement is far more plausible as a cause of rapid climate shift. The only provable causes are asteroid impacts and supervolcanic eruptions!

Reactions: JDishnell
MV5BMDdhODg0MjYtYzBiOS00ZmI5LWEwZGYtZDEyNDU4MmQyNzFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

Liberals believe anything that supports their extreme ideology. The idea that melting polar ice can desalinize our oceans is simply laughable. Our oceans are so vast with 1 tablespoon of salt per gallon. There is just no way. I think the theory of earth crust displacement is far more plausible as a cause of rapid climate shift. The only provable causes are asteroid impacts and supervolcanic eruptions!

They are kind of like Ron Burgundy reading off the teleprompter.

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT