ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite non new years six bowl game

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Which non new years six bowl game do you make an effort to sit down and watch each years regardless of whether or not USC is playing in it?

For me it's the Outback Bowl, I consider SEC vs Big Ten to be the best conference vs conference rivalry in college football, and also because USC has had it's most success in that bowl game sending the big ten's two biggest crown jewels Ohio St. and Michigan on miserable plane rides home multiple times!

Today, I'd agree with you on the Outback. Remembering my childhood, though, I 'd go with the old Tangerine Bowl (which I think became the Citrus Bowl, which then I think became the Capitol One...but I could be wrong.)

Reactions: Tyrannosaurus cox
Aside from the Outback, Citrus, and any bowl with SEC tie-ins, among the "lesser" bowls that always get my attention is the Sun Bowl. It's one of only a few bowls that aren't part of the ABC/ESPN package and I think it's the only one on CBS. CBS does a good job with it and, for some reason, it seems to stand out a bit from all the other 3rd tier bowls.

Reactions: Tyrannosaurus cox
I always liked the Gator Bowl, the problem is the fog at the game when played at night can
make the game unseeable from the nosebleed seats!!:confused::rolleyes:
Agree. While it wasn’t fog, I was at the FSU/WVU game in 1982 where it poured rain. My Mom made us dress in our Sunday shirts and pants because “you are suppose to dress up for football games” (she had last been to a game in 1962 to see Ga Tech play). We were surrounded by a bunch of loud, obnoxious rednecks (FSU and WVU - what a pair). The guy next to us was wearing overalls and no shirt.

Agree. While it wasn’t fog, I was at the FSU/WVU game in 1982 where it poured rain. My Mom made us dress in our Sunday shirts and pants because “you are suppose to dress up for football games” (she had last been to a game in 1962 to see Ga Tech play). We were surrounded by a bunch of loud, obnoxious rednecks (FSU and WVU - what a pair). The guy next to us was wearing overalls and no shirt.
When the Peach bowl was played at Fulton county stadium, there was a few games that could be considered as a quagmire.

I like the middle of the pack teams match up, particular the Independence bowl and Music city bowl Still laugh about Benny Snell getting ejected from the Music city bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT