ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite play in the rivalry

DaTater3.0

Aug 29, 2018
Still a few weeks away, but what are your favorite plays in our series. I have 3...

1. Mike Williams giving a piggy back ride.
2. Charlie Whitehurst getting the 1st down with his legs then pointing
3. Jacoby Ford faking like he was out of bounds then Harper hitting him for the TD.

Whats yours?

x6aLo.So.168.jpg

A few off the top of my head:

1- Brandon Bennett throws across the field to Reggie Richardson on the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

2- Dylan Thompson QB draw on 3rd and 19.

3- Jad Dean misses FG to tie game

4- Scott Padgett misses FG to tie game in 96

5- Swearinger hit for sure

6-Antonio Allen pick 6 in 2010

7- Cooper throws to Brandon Wilds to seal the win

8- Troy Hambrick’s long TD run in 96

9 - Brad Edwards pick 6 in 87.

Joe Morrison taking the 3 off the board for an untimed play before the half in 1984 at Clemson, and running an inside trap from the 5 yard line (say what????). Totally changed a game where we were getting blown out, and the single gutsiest call, by anyone, in the long history of the series.

Joe Morrison taking the 3 off the board for an untimed play before the half in 1984 at Clemson, and running an inside trap from the 5 yard line (say what????). Totally changed a game where we were getting blown out, and the single gutsiest call, by anyone, in the long history of the series.
As opposed to the ever popular outside trap?

Still a few weeks away, but what are your favorite plays in our series. I have 3...

1. Mike Williams giving a piggy back ride.
2. Charlie Whitehurst getting the 1st down with his legs then pointing
3. Jacoby Ford faking like he was out of bounds then Harper hitting him for the TD.

Whats yours?
Anything Jad Dean

A few off the top of my head:

1- Brandon Bennett throws across the field to Reggie Richardson on the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

2- Dylan Thompson QB draw on 3rd and 19.

3- Jad Dean misses FG to tie game

4- Scott Padgett misses FG to tie game in 96

5- Swearinger hit for sure

6-Antonio Allen pick 6 in 2010

7- Cooper throws to Brandon Wilds to seal the win

8- Troy Hambrick’s long TD run in 96

9 - Brad Edwards pick 6 in 87.

yer #10 failed 2 post: MIKE gives perry somethin' 2 Hold

Reactions: ConKreteCock
After this game I never would have thought this would be the last win in the series for us for many years to come.

I was giving Clemson fans a good bit of grief walking out of WB that night... "Hey at least you'll get to trot Cole Stoudt out there to try and beat us next year!" (was a drunk 20 year-old, have matured since). Little did I know they had a couple of Heisman caliber QB's that would follow Boyd and abuse us for the foreseeable future.

I hate to say it, but there's no reason to think this streak ends any time soon. Would take a yuge upset with the way things stand now. Maybe Hilinski can be the savior.

I was giving Clemson fans a good bit of grief walking out of WB that night... "Hey at least you'll get to trot Cole Stoudt out there to try and beat us next year!" (was a drunk 20 year-old, have matured since). Little did I know they had a couple of Heisman caliber QB's that would follow Boyd and abuse us for the foreseeable future.

I hate to say it, but there's no reason to think this streak ends any time soon. Would take a yuge upset with the way things stand now. Maybe Hilinski can be the savior.

As i've gotten older I try not to brag too much, but hoping our run is the beginning of a Florida vs Kentucky 30 something odd year run.

Going to take more than just Hilinski, but we definitely need him to be the real deal.

art, i was expectin' more of u, never give another teams' fans grief................now as far as a savior i learned my lesson yrs ago......the supportin' cast makes all the difference. see troup, bill:

I go along with Mike Hold giving Fridge the ball and seeing OLE Danny's face. Great win for the Gamecocks at Turd Valley.

I have many favorites but can't limit it to one. Among the contenders are the 6 touchdowns in the 45-0 1989 beatdown; the 9 touchdowns in the 63-17 2003 massacre; the 8 touchdowns in the 56-10 2016 slaughter.

^^This^^
I remember Danny Ford saying that trap play was a brilliant call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT