ADVERTISEMENT

Few Recruit Visitor Notes...(updated Sun. 2:04 p.m.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Low

Gamecock Central Analyst
Jun 12, 2012
Sunday Afternoon Updates:

USC QB commitment Connor Mitch did not make it to the UAB game.

2014 WR Shaq Davidson, as Josh said last night, did not make it in for the game. He is going back to USC for the Missouri game. The Gamecocks are in the lead for Davidson as of today. Like I've said a couple times before, they have some help here and his first visit for the ECU game was a big one.

Davidson's teammate, 2014 ATH Hyleck Foster, did make it in for the game. The recruitment between USC and him (he does not have an offer) is just getting started, really with this visit. He did say he enjoyed it and spoke with area recruiter Shawn Elliott. He liked the offense and the atmosphere and said he plans on "coming around more often." Wake Forest and UNC are the other programs most involved with Foster right now and UNC could be the closest to offering. The Gamecocks will keep an eye on him.

Sunday Morning Updates:

I (Chris) spoke with Raleigh (N.C.) Leesville Road 2014 WR Braxton Berrios this morning. He opted to stay in Columbia overnight and left before noon today. He had a very good visit; it was his first SEC game and he was impressed. He met with recruiter Joe Robinson as well as WR coach Steve Spurrier Jr. and head coach Steve Spurrier. USC may scout Berrios this season (possibly when his team plays Wakefield and Connor Mitch), and I can tell you from what I'm hearing it's a possibility USC pulls the trigger on an offer. If they do offer, USC would immediately jump to the driver's seat. He really likes the coaching staff at USC and also frequently talks with Mitch. North Carolina, Virginia Tech (who just offered) and ECU (where Berrios' older brother Austin is walking on) are also in the mix.

Berrios has 13 touchdowns total this season through four games including five in his team's last game.

I (Chris) spoke with Summerville (S.C.) 2014 DB Darin Smalls who was on campus taking in USC's game. He did not stay the entire time so he didn't get a chance to speak with any of the coaches, but said he liked the atmosphere and the play of USC safety D.J. Swearinger. The Gamecocks have shown some interest, and Smalls also said that he feels like Virginia Tech could be the first program to offer him. He likes Florida a lot (with USC right behind them) but the Gators have not shown a ton of interest so far.

I (Chris) exchanged texts last night with four-star UGA commitment Tramel Terry to try to get his take on how his USC visit went on Saturday. He said "it was cool." Like I said on Saturday night, Terry gave indications to some after the game that he would make a visit to USC again during the process. When I asked him about whether he was thinking of an official visit to USC last night, he said "no." Previously, Terry has given indications he may take an official visit to Clemson as well. He said "I don't know yet" when I asked him about that. Obviously, as it has been at several points during the process for Terry it's tough to tell with him. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he took visits to both Clemson and USC. At the same time, I think it's still most likely he sticks with Georgia. You have both sides of it (what he's saying publicly and privately now), so that's the best I can do at this time. I'll check up on it over these next few days more and keep monitoring it.

Late Saturday Night Updates:

Here are a few notes that I've been able to gather on some of the guys that visited tonight:

OL NaTy Rodgers (Pomfret, Md./McDonough) will be staying overnight tonight in Columbia. Nothing has really changed as far as where South Carolina stands with Rodgers. He is as close to a Gamecock commit as you can get at this point. He was telling people tonight that he did want to wait until the all-star game he plays in to make a commitment. That will be sometime around January. Rodgers plans on returning to USC for the Georgia game for his official visit.

WR Tramel Terry (Goose Creek, S.C.) was in attendance tonight for the game. Here is a link to an update Chris posted shortly after the game about Terry. He did spend some time in the locker room after the game talking with Steve Spurrier Jr. and I was told it "seemed" like he was having fun.

2014 WR Braxton Berrios (Raleigh, N.C./Leesville Road) made the trip like expected. On an eventual offer from USC he said: "They have been saying that I will most likely get one, no timeframe yet though." He said that it was a good visit and he enjoyed it a lot.

2014 QB Jacob Park (Goose Creek, S.C./Stratford) was also in attendance like expected. He had a good time but did leave early. He did talk with the coaches and was told that they are still very interested and was impressed with his play Friday night. They were at his game last night. The possibility of an offer was not brought up.

2014 WR Shaq Davidson (Gaffney, S.C.) did not visit tonight. He plans on returning next weekend for the Missouri game.

This post was edited on 9/16 8:38 AM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 9/16 12:24 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 9/16 2:04 PM by Chris Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News