ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Kingston

I knew the parents of one of the players on the team two years ago. After a failed freshman year of pitching he transferred to a small college and failed there as well. Our teams are bad because our recruiting sucks — not to mention how the other aspects of coaching suck as well.
An average player, you would hope, to get a good coach helping them “hone” their skills. So yes, recruiting matters, but coaching is just as important IMO.

This end of season collapse all falls on Kingston. Absolutely no leadership in the dugout. Players look like they can't wait for summer vacation to hurry up and get here.

Reactions: cockofdawn
This end of season collapse all falls on Kingston. Absolutely no leadership in the dugout. Players look like they can't wait for summer vacation to hurry up and get here.
OH HELL!!! You are gonna Be attacked by the WOKE squad,. These Kids and their Parents are doing as well as they can!! They are not losing miserable on PURPOSE!!

OH HELL!!! You are gonna Be attacked by the WOKE squad,. These Kids and their Parents are doing as well as they can!! They are not losing miserable on PURPOSE!!
If we were so dang concerned about the players, Tanner would have made a change after the first couple of years in the Kingston era when it became obvious we couldnt get our players drafted for their offense... Kingston being an offensive guy and all.

If we were so dang concerned about the players, Tanner would have made a change after the first couple of years in the Kingston era when it became obvious we couldnt get our players drafted for their offense... Kingston being an offensive guy and all.
But are YOU NOT considering the feelings of the Players?? You could damage them FOR LIFE!!

Reactions: bucketdad
No doubt Kingston is officially coaching for his job at this point. Who knows? He might be ready to roll. Most coaches optimize their bank accounts at USC and then optimize their happiness/environment in a different locale.

Kingston arrived from Florida. He and his family are probably ready to return to the year round weather at this point. We'll find another coach to replace him and complain about in no time. :)

No doubt Kingston is officially coaching for his job at this point. Who knows? He might be ready to roll. Most coaches optimize their bank accounts at USC and then optimize their happiness/environment in a different locale.

Kingston arrived from Florida. He and his family are probably ready to return to the year round weather at this point. We'll find another coach to replace him and complain about in no time. :)
If he has a miserable success as Kingston, yes we will complain!!’

Reactions: Ward Jr
Pitching is worst we have had in many,many,many years. Who should our next coach be? Or does clueless Tanner give Kingston a raise?
Why does Tanner even want to be an A.D.? Nick Saban was a legendary Football Coach and he dern well knew it. Saban as an A.D.? Ridiculous!!! Tanner ruled the S.E.C. in Baseball and has become a bum as an A.D. Get rid of Kingless and bring Ray back with an appealing salary. As a coach he was worthy of a statue of his own. As an A.D., a urinal at best.

Yet Ray gets an extension from the BOT. He was unqualified for the job from the start but the school got lazy and made an internal hire. I think only one AD had a longer tenure than Ray at Carolina (Rex Enright 1938-1955). Ray's gonna milk that $1M salary for as long as possible. All about the money. McGee and Hyman were much better AD's.
Hyman was the Best by Far. McGee was no slouch, either.

But are YOU NOT considering the feelings of the Players?? You could damage them FOR LIFE!!
Man, you're on a roll. Have you ever played organized sports? You don't think the players would like to close out the year given they've played 50 games? How is this WOKE as you mention above? I would think someone getting over emotional to the point of wanting the team to pack it in before post season play more on the woke side.

Also, let's not forget it's only been a couple of weeks since we were ranked 15th playing in by far the best baseball conference in the country. A couple of weeks before that we were in the Top 10. Outside of this week, we've been ranked all season. We're one game below .500 against the Top 5 in the country. But we should pack it in right now?

We've lost two series to two of the top teams in the country and haven't looked good doing so. Yeah - we're sucking right now but let's give the team a shot to close out the year because they have had their good moments. If you and I fall off the planet tomorrow, the Kingston situation will sort itself out the same way. There's no need to lose sleep over it or posture like you're some soothsayer during the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr
Man, you're on a roll. Have you ever played organized sports? You don't think the players would like to close out the year given they've played 50 games? How is this WOKE as you mention above? I would think someone getting over emotional to the point of wanting the team to pack it in before post season play more on the woke side.

Also, let's not forget it's only been a couple of weeks since we were ranked 15th playing in by far the best baseball conference in the country. A couple of weeks before that we were in the Top 10. Outside of this week, we've been ranked all season. We're one game below .500 against the Top 5 in the country. But we should pack it in right now?

We've lost two series to two of the top teams in the country and haven't looked good doing so. Yeah - we're sucking right now but let's give the team a shot to close out the year because they have had their good moments. If you and I fall off the planet tomorrow, the Kingston situation will sort itself out the same way. There's no need to lose sleep over it or posture like you're some soothsayer during the process.
Yeah, don’t disagree with anyone on here or it gets very juvenile!

Yes I have. All thru high school. Baseball and basketball. And unfortunately I was raised that not everyone gets a medal. If you are a “everyone gets a ribbon dude” good for you, I was playing to win. Sorry if you are okay with mediocrity. Let’s hope your kids don’t play anything other than pickle ball.

Maybe they will give Kingston a participation trophy!!

Yes I have. All thru high school. Baseball and basketball. And unfortunately I was raised that not everyone gets a medal. If you are a “everyone gets a ribbon dude” good for you, I was playing to win. Sorry if you are okay with mediocrity. Let’s hope your kids don’t play anything other than pickle ball.
Let's follow your logic. A team that has been ranked all season until this week needs to realize they are a folly and pack it in?

Should Ole Miss give back their CWS winning participation trophy from 2022 because they were no better than us until they hit a hot streak in the post season and ran the table? (There are other examples of the same occurrence but Ole Miss is the latest to do it.)

Yep attacked hard and heavy. Keyboard warriors can do that. NEVER DISAGREE OR Criticize players or coaches!!
You've been the one responding to our comments -- not the other way around.

So who is the one attacking who here? You're not making much sense.

Let's follow your logic. A team that has been ranked all season until this week needs to realize they are a folly and pack it in?

Should Ole Miss give back their CWS winning participation trophy from 2022 because they were no better than us until they hit a hot streak in the post season? (There are other examples of the same occurrence but Ole Miss is the latest to make that run.)
I am tired of the back and forth with you, this is one of the worst teams in the SEC, this you can’t deny!! This was a back to back national championship program, in Kingston tenure it is getting worse each year, next year they will probably not even make the SEC tourney if Kingston is in charge. So I don’t care what they were ranked a month ago!! Right now they will be a 3 seed somewhere , this is not acceptable for this program. And you are gonna be in euphoria if they get a two seed, even that is unacceptable, Kingston is not getting bette, so FIRE him now!! You will get no more replies from me. Enjoy your ribbon!’

I am tired of the back and forth with you, this is one of the worst teams in the SEC, this you can’t deny!! This was a back to back national championship program, in Kingston tenure it is getting worse each year, next year they will probably not even make the SEC tourney if Kingston is in charge. So I don’t care what they were ranked a month ago!! Right now they will be a 3 seed somewhere , this is not acceptable for this program. And you are gonna be in euphoria if they get a two seed, even that is unacceptable, Kingston is not getting bette, so FIRE him now!! You will get no more replies from me. Enjoy your ribbon!’
Nice logic. Enjoy promoting quitting because things aren't going your way.

YES, I am pulling a "Paleocock, I do get a Ribbon dont i?? In my NEWEST opinion, all i want is a Participation medal.. YIPPEE, that way NOONE's feelings are hurt!!
You are embarrassing yourself. I don't believe anyone on this board who is over 5 years of age would advocate quitting because things aren't going their way.

You are embarrassing yourself. I don't believe anyone on this board who is over 5 years of age would advocate quitting because things aren't going their way.
ROFLMAO, At some point you realize someone is so blind, you do stop "arguing" with them.. I guess it is the Conservative way!! So YOU WIN.. I will take my participation medal and go home!!

ROFLMAO, At some point you realize someone is so blind, you do stop "arguing" with them.. I guess it is the Conservative way!! So YOU WIN.. I will take my participation medal and go home!!
Do you understand what a participation trophy is? If we lose to Alabama today, we're not going to receive a trophy for being there. It just means we didn't quit because things weren't going our way.

Do you understand what a participation trophy is? If we lose to Alabama today, we're not going to receive a trophy for being there. It just means we didn't quit because things weren't going our way.
I am idiot for even responding, well i meant it is an Idiotic thing to do to respond, BUT IMO this team quit weeks ago, just going through the motions, I feel so bad for THEIR parents..... BUT i'll eat crow if they look like they havent quit and win a couple SEC Tourney games..

I am idiot for even responding, well i meant it is an Idiotic thing to do to respond, BUT IMO this team quit weeks ago, just going through the motions, I feel so bad for THEIR parents..... BUT i'll eat crow if they look like they havent quit and win a couple SEC Tourney games..
So they quit when they were ranked in the Top 15? Why would they do that?

I think you're missing my point. Win or Lose - You don't pick up your ball and go home just because you're not playing well. That's a participation trophy-type mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: dallascock
They aren’t kids. But they sure are playing baseball at a kids level in the ncaa where they are supposed to be playing grown man baseball. The best term for that I can think of for them is man-child. 😂

Last edited:
Knew Braswell would end up with the winning rbi. Only Carolina….
Loss is on LeCroy. He scored 2 unearned runs for lsu with his errors.

Reactions: mikeypen
And the gamecocks blow the game. Another Kingston meltdown. This team is total garbage…………

And with that, I guess LSU is one run from total garbage. And #2 UK has to be total garbage. #5 Arkansas is a disaster. And Alabama is just plain pathetic.

In case you're like myself and can't get enough of Cockytalk84, he also can be found each Tuesday kicking puppies on Gervais between the hours of 12-3pm.

And with that, I guess LSU is one run from total garbage. And #2 UK has to be total garbage. #5 Arkansas is a disaster. And Alabama is just plain pathetic.

In case you're like myself and can't get enough of Cockytalk84, he also can be found each Tuesday kicking puppies on Gervais between the hours of 12-3pm.
It was a sad sad year. And sad effort these last couple games. This team will be two and out in Pickens, at least, like someone stated, they probably won’t even play the taters!! Thank goodness. At least the taters won’t put an end to this!! When does Women’s BBall start??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT