ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Curse"……….

Yet the BOT keeps extending the clown's contract. Give him a lifetime contract already. He's been AD I think the second longest in history I think. And all the higher ups can say is: "At least Ray keeps a tight budget on the athletic department". 👏👏👏 Thanks to Ray we've transitioned into strictly an elite women's basketball school. Men's sports on the other hand have slipped to third or fourth best in the state.

You would have thought we'd learned after the Muschamp fiasco and embarrassing buyout you don't give a coach a massive raise after one good season.

Pretty unfair.

He got a reasonable raise. A $400,000 raise wasn't going to do it.

He was the lowest paid coach in the SEC this year.

next year he will move to middle of the pack (or maybe slightly below middle depending on the raises some coaches get after this year) in the SEC after winning SEC Coach of the Year this year.

He wants to keep the basketball coach. If he didn't get a reasonable raise, the chances of him leaving would be very high and the momentum he's built would be lost. Then tons of fans would be screaming that the athletic department didn't do "what it takes" to keep a popular coach and "tried to get cheap."

When Ohio State fired their coach, another very popular Gamecock Board had hundreds of posts demanding that Tanner pay what it takes to keep our coach.

he made a big mistake with Muschamp.

He didn't give Kingston a big raise- barely one at all. Just extended his contract.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Pretty unfair.

He got a reasonable raise. A $400,000 raise wasn't going to do it.

He was the lowest paid coach in the SEC this year.

next year he will move to middle of the pack (or maybe slightly below middle depending on the raises some coaches get after this year) in the SEC after winning SEC Coach of the Year this year.

He wants to keep the basketball coach. If he didn't get a reasonable raise, the chances of him leaving would be very high and the momentum he's built would be lost. Then tons of fans would be screaming that the athletic department didn't do "what it takes" to keep a popular coach and "tried to get cheap."

When Ohio State fired their coach, another very popular Gamecock Board had hundreds of posts demanding that Tanner pay what it takes to keep our coach.

he made a big mistake with Muschamp.

He didn't give Kingston a big raise- barely one at all. Just extended his contract.
It's relative to the salary they were originally making. I'm not giving up on Paris. We had a great season. I look forward to what he can do. Beamer and Kingston are testing my patience. Kingston needs to get us to Omaha, Beamer missing bowl games is completely unacceptable (two huge program wins are the only reason he got the new contract). If missing bowl games is acceptable then hire me for much less.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
It's relative to the salary they were originally making. I'm not giving up on Paris. We had a great season. I look forward to what he can do. Beamer and Kingston are testing my patience. Kingston needs to get us to Omaha, Beamer missing bowl games is completely unacceptable (two huge program wins are the only reason he got the new contract). If missing bowl games is acceptable then hire me for much less.

If Kingston had been wanted after going to a Super last year, he'd have got a nice raise. But no better program was going to offer Kingston a job after last year. If he makes a Super this year, he might get a raise because at some point someone will come along and offer him more money if he makes 2 Supers in a row.

If the "experts" are to be believed, Paris was someone that could be targeted. So Ray had a choice- let him go, or offer him a raise to get him up close to the middle of the conference. I don't see that he had any choice at all. To give him a token raise would have been a sign that there is no belief in the program. Letting him go because he gets outbid by a midwestern team was not going to be tolerated by the fan-base or the bigger boosters. So he had to pay him.

I don't see any sign that Ray is happy with where the football program is at not going to a bowl. However, Shane is doing a lot right too, he's personable with the fans, and has proven he can win some big games. He's going to give him some time because it's useless firing someone every 3-4 years.

If Kingston had been wanted after going to a Super last year, he'd have got a nice raise. But no better program was going to offer Kingston a job after last year. If he makes a Super this year, he might get a raise because at some point someone will come along and offer him more money if he makes 2 Supers in a row.

If the "experts" are to be believed, Paris was someone that could be targeted. So Ray had a choice- let him go, or offer him a raise to get him up close to the middle of the conference. I don't see that he had any choice at all. To give him a token raise would have been a sign that there is no belief in the program. Letting him go because he gets outbid by a midwestern team was not going to be tolerated by the fan-base or the bigger boosters. So he had to pay him.

I don't see any sign that Ray is happy with where the football program is at not going to a bowl. However, Shane is doing a lot right too, he's personable with the fans, and has proven he can win some big games. He's going to give him some time because it's useless firing someone every 3-4 years.
Once again, my issue is more with Beamer and Kingston. Baseball had a great 2023 season no doubt. But he should have built a program by now. And if we made a super or better this year maybe you could argue that. This team looks shaky right but time will tell. For the football program, you wouldn't have to fire coaches every five years if you find the right guy. Tanner hired Muschamp which started this domino effect so it all started with him. He has no business hiring another football coach if Beamer doesn't work out.

Once again, my issue is more with Beamer and Kingston. Baseball had a great 2023 season no doubt. But he should have built a program by now. And if we made a super or better this year maybe you could argue that. This team looks shaky right but time will tell. For the football program, you wouldn't have to fire coaches every five years if you find the right guy. Tanner hired Muschamp which started this domino effect so it all started with him. He has no business hiring another football coach if Beamer doesn't work out.

I have no issue with Kingston but you have to have a better option. But I don't care one way or the other. I don't think he has what it takes and haven't for years.

I like Beamer and I think it was a good hire. I have no issue with his salary or giving him 5 years.

I have no issue with Kingston but you have to have a better option. But I don't care one way or the other. I don't think he has what it takes and haven't for years.

I like Beamer and I think it was a good hire. I have no issue with his salary or giving him 5 years.
That makes one of us. We had an elite qb but this last season gave him no blocking, one receiver to throw to or no one to run the ball. Total waste combined with poor player development/recruiting. If we miss a bowl game this year, I'm betting you'll feel differently. I certainly don't want that to happen but it's certainly possible too.

That makes one of us. We had an elite qb but this last season gave him no blocking, one receiver to throw to or no one to run the ball. Total waste combined with poor player development/recruiting. If we miss a bowl game this year, I'm betting you'll feel differently. I certainly don't want that to happen but it's certainly possible too.

I'm not a cult member. I don't sit around thinking about how great Shane is.

I just said I have no issue giving him 5 years and seeing what he does. If he sucks this next year and he gets fired, I'm not going to be standing on the corner with a Beamer sign in my hand.

Reactions: sclawman77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT