ADVERTISEMENT

'fin files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowfin

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2002
I'll keep them here to show right/wrong one outspoken poster can be

#1 * The intial response to the UT win are being seen already. I dont know how many really look at what a kid says when the interviews are given, In most cases they tend to be very non comittal in their interviews, but often it is just a word or two that indicates the direction a kid is thinking.

I have seen interviews with Rickerson, James, Devane, Tilleys coach, etc.. in the past few days. How things have changed? Instead of you know Spurrier is going to turn the program around to Spurrier has already started changing the program around and they will do some real good things there. May seem like a slight change, but I think the recruits are now starting to really believe this team is turning and will be special, much as amnay of us are feeling.

We need to win this game , and one of the two between florida and clemson. If we can do that our nice little story to sell, will become a great story to sell to kids. We have some real real good salesman pitching it too in stock, reaves and jr. Hunt and coop are also starting to work it.

** Our early returns on commits. How many posts were there with people flying off the handle about SC only having a couple commits when Clemson and ole miss(for example) had a dozen each of highly rated kids? As much as some of us said, trust this staff(last year was all i needed to trust them in recruiting) there was panic in many.

This staff was very selective and continues to be in offering of players. The commits we got early Brown, Gaston, Paulk, and Anderson, all ahve had superb seasons. All have arrows ticking up you could say. I believe as Tony had said in his arkansas chat, that bioth anderson and Paulk will be notched up to 4 star status as theylikely will dominate in shrine bowl week. Theyve done it all year against quality competition, no reson to belive it wont continue.

I expect this class not only to be of wuality, high character kids, but in the end, to be ranked much higher than any of us would have thought.

*** Its way too early, but next year we ahve a chance to have our best run since '84. The schedule is extremely favorable with Alabama rolling off, and Miss St coming on. The two weak conference games (KY, Vandy) being on the road.

Assuming we can beat our inferiors ky, vandy, ms st, and two weak ooc games, we are bowl eligable there. Personally I dont see any of those teams beating us. That gives us georgia, tennessee, arkansas, NC, auburn and clemson as the 6 critical games.

Georgia will be tough as always. They do however lose 10 starters, and it is likely Pope will leave for the nfl making it 11. They come to SC this year, and will have an entire new front four, almost a whole new offensive line. in addition, they likely will be relying on a hotshot true freshman qb, as what they have behid shockley this year, is well below average. Georgia will have talent, but they wont be as good as this year.

Tennesse. those who saw my earlier post know, they ahve significant issue next year, losing their entire front seven, which is dominant, and all will go to the league in some capacity, many will play at a high level there. they have no qb, and their secondary will not be able to be protected by the strong front seven. in adddition, they come here.

Arkansas. We will know a lot more when they come here. i expect a tough fight from them, as they too are young and will be improving. They however also, like UGA likely will be relying on a hotshot true freshman to carry them. Playing them later in the year and having McFadden to hand off to though, should lessen that advantage.

UNC. Cant say Ive seen a single play of theres. I do know they lose 10 starters to graduation, including 4 of 5 offensive lineman and their qb, so offense should be a struggle. Iassume we will be better than them, but dont really have any insight as to why other than how they have been performing

Auburn: They lose 11 starters barring early enteries adding to the number, but still will be an upperclass ladden team. They likely will be the best team we face all year. they have a solid qb that is a rising junior, and a bunch of talent. We do get them at SC at least.

Florida. We play at florida, and I asusme they will want revenge after we kick their butts this year. they will be talented and outside of offfensive line, arent losing a whole lot, and likely will bring in a top 3 class in the country this year. Along with Auburn, our toughest test.

CU. They lose very little from this team outside CW and TH. We play at Clemson, and heres what I see. They will have 4 senior offensive lineman and an excellant junior(richardson) All 5 will be gone the next year. They better make some noise next year on offense, but still lack an playmaker at wide out, and proctor will be a step down from CW.

Defense they will be average, and will continue to have troubles stopping the pass. I think we will be able to exploit that, but they will have a real solid running offense that will allow them to control clock. Should be interesting game.

Looking at it far range. I see 8-4 if we dont play very well, 10-2 a realistic possibility. Things will surely change between now and then, but for someone always considered a doom and gloomer by the pumpers, that should make you feel good.

**** Good news that Lee Tileys coach(per PK)said it is down to 3 teams for his player. All SEC teams in LSU, Aub and Us.He said Hunt is all over him, and "giving him lots of love" With familly in SC, playing time, and if we can be successful at ARK. I am starting to feel we will be the team to beat for the 4 star, december grad.

***** Even better news. I think the UT win really helped with Jaquez. While he claims the Tenn visit a ten, he now will official to SC, and on our big day, Jan 13. With his two teamates also visiting, we may get the trio

****** 'fin was wrong. Mike Davis. just two weeks ago, I said I didnt think he was ever going to be much more than an adequate back in the sec. While I still stand by I dont think he will be special, ala McFadden, he did show a little more spark last week. he was able to get by a tackler or two with just enough speed. I hadnt seen that before Saturday. he does block extremely well for a true, and in this offense that is very important. like many other times, I was wrong here.

******* 'fin was right. In my film viewing of Mike West. My biggest issue with him was his tackling. All of his tackles were arm tackles, and I said exactly, or close to it, that may work in juco, but sec backs are going to run right through that. Mike needs to spend the winter in the weightroom and beef up. if he can put 10 pounds of muscle on, he could be special.

******** This freshman class, its going to be special. read the freshamn report, and you will understand. Another candidite for 'fin was wrong, LJP. The freshman report is very positive about him. Im not wrong yet, but sure hope I am.

********* Josh Brown. Thank you. Thats all I can say.

********** Finally, How great is it, as a gamecock, watching the maturation process of Blake Mitchell. Just 1 year ago, he was a kid, that wasnt working hard, out partying, was lost on the field,, etc.. Now, He is working out hard, become and excellant young qb, and more importantly is taking a leadership role on the team. He is getting it. Listen to his comments about Arkansas and you can tell he gets it. I am also very proud of the way Syvelle is handling himself and his adversity. that was a kid who we all assumed was going to pull a d summers, and find a way out of school, although unlike meat he always put everything into being the best player he could be. Kids like these two make me proud of our boys (yes I know, lou recruited them both)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News