ADVERTISEMENT

Football Over/Under Win Totals

I concur, however, I reserve the right to change my opinion if we start 2-0 by bashing the wolfpack and that other team from Columbia, MO.

6 over under for me. To many issues with oline and defense in general. Need someone to rush the QB and get there. 2018 is when we break through. Next year is still digging out of the hole hat spurrier put us in.

Reactions: Mox94
This year will be very similar to last year both recordwise and where our weaknesses are. Will have to score 30 plus to win most games.

My optimistic view will not go over well on this thread, but I'd put the over/under at 7 wins. Muschamp has a pretty good defensive resume, so I have faith that our defense will be improved this season. I'm not talking a top 25 defense, but improved nonetheless. If a few guys on the DL take a step forward (Sawyer, Thomas, Stallworth, Blackshear, Wonnum, Thompson, Smith, Webb), then we may not be as bad as many expect. There are a lot of former 4 star recruits in that group, so there is some talent to work with. If Kinlaw is as advertised, then he'll immediately upgrade us at DT. Depth at LB is an issue, but our starters are studs. It's definitely not an ideal situation to rely on true Freshman for depth, but we have a couple of good ones coming in. Muschamp has plenty of pieces to work with in the secondary, so we should see massive improvements from the backend of the defense this year.

Our offense is going to score points this season. A bunch of points. Bentley's ability to check out of plays should benefit the OL this season.

We finished 4-3 last season with losses to the eventual NC, the SEC East Champion, and a 10 win USF. IMO, the only major contributors we lost are English, Frye, and Kelly.

Last edited:
I heard Dari Knowka & Mel Kiper discussing this list on the radio today and remarking about any predictions that jumped out to them. Mel thought FSU would be better than 9.5 wins. Dari thought we were undervalued at 5.5 stating "Jake Bentley is in the top 3 SEC quarterbacks right now".

http://www.sportsmemo.com/blogs/vie...-Regular-Season-Over/Under-Wins&blog_id=18793

Be careful saying good stuff about Jake, you get some pushback here. I mentioned he's had some of the best potential we've ever seen and got chastised for it.

I think we somehow get 7.

I like Arizona under and NC State over from that list.

Not knocking Orth or Brandon but if our team had been healthy and Jake qb we would have won 9 last year. Call me crazy but I say 9 this year. We have ski back this year too. Just sit back and watch!

NC state has a stout defensive front and 17 returning starters on offense and defense combined. It will be a test to see what our oline can do versus there Dline.

Reactions: sandlapper59
It would be great to get 8 or 9, but 5 or 6 is more likely. We can all get so giddy about recruiting stars and such a "hard working staff", but Muschamp and co. haven't shown me diddly squat about coaching our players to improve on a day to day basis. Don't misunderstand ... I really hope I can say I was wrong by the end of November, but I guess I'm from Missouri, so Boom will have to show me. 7-56

I think both the offensive and defensive philosophies will start coming through with the better coaching. Wins could go either way and could depend on the bounce of the ball.

Reactions: BigTomE
NC State- Lean NCST
Missouri- W
Kentucky- W
Louisiana Tech- W
Texas A&M- L
Arkansas- L
Tennessee- Lean Tenn
Vanderbilt- W
Georgia- L
Florida- L
Wofford- W
Clemson- L

I'll go 6.

Not knocking Orth or Brandon but if our team had been healthy and Jake qb we would have won 9 last year. Call me crazy but I say 9 this year. We have ski back this year too. Just sit back and watch!

If Jake had been ready week 1 (not sure that he was), I think we would have beat Kentucky for sure. I feel confident we would have won 7 games, with possibility for more against UGA and A&M. I definitely think we could have snagged a win between UGA and A&M to get to 8 wins. Because of that, I'm like you....very optimistic about this year. I'm not going to say 9 wins, but I definitely think 8 is possible for this year. Nevertheless we will be playing a lot of games this year that can go either way. We will need for Bentley to be healthy and that offensive line to improve greatly under Wolford to get to 8 wins. That NC State game is going to be HUGE!!! Bellwether game to start the season.

Reactions: 4theluvofgamecocks
Having Skai back is huge...if he is 90% of what he was before the injury its like getting a 5 star recruit who has immediate impact.
He's got a knack for getting his hands on the ball too and if he stays healthy it can have a big trickle down effect on the entire backside of our D.

6 in my opinion . To many holes on the OL and DL . Lack of Speed and Depth on D will kill us . Think this team will be very reminiscent of Dylan's senior year . Score a ton of points and still lose .

NC State- Lean NCST
Missouri- W
Kentucky- W
Louisiana Tech- W
Texas A&M- L
Arkansas- L
Tennessee- Lean Tenn
Vanderbilt- W
Georgia- L
Florida- L
Wofford- W
Clemson- L

I'll go 6.
Anyone saying Kentucky is a W needs stop. We've lost 3 in a row to them now... Simply preaching that they should be a W makes the last 3 years even more embarrassing.

3 game losing streak to Kentucky is beyond embarrassing...you know, we are only 16-9 against them since we joined the SEC and that includes a 10 game winning streak from 2000-2009...we were 3-5 before the streak and 3-4 since the streak

God awful.

3 game losing streak to Kentucky is beyond embarrassing...you know, we are only 16-9 against them since we joined the SEC and that includes a 10 game winning streak from 2000-2009...we were 3-5 before the streak and 3-4 since the streak

8 wins plus a bowl win. Make it 9 and Muschamp will recruit at a championship level.

The last 3 years are embarrassing. No way to sugar coat it. We should have beat Kentucky in 2014, but 2015 and 2016 aren't all that surprising. They literally had the better team those years. Kentucky is a little better than in the past, but it's still sad to see how far we have fallen. With the game in Columbia this year, if Bentley is healthy we really, really should win this game.

Reactions: Coppertopp
Anyone saying Kentucky is a W needs stop. We've lost 3 in a row to them now... Simply preaching that they should be a W makes the last 3 years even more embarrassing.
If Bentley would have started against Kentucky last season than Edwards would had a better night than two receptions for 16 yards. Also I think that Samuel and Dowdle did not play in that game that could of helped South Carolina. Coach Muschamp has stressed more then one occasion that the defense has unkowns that need to be addressed. If some of these unknowns are figured out by the third game (Kentucky) and South Carolina skill set players are healthy and if the new field goal kicker gains confidence/experience than South Carolina will beat Kentucky

If Bentley would have started against Kentucky last season than Edwards would had a better night than two receptions for 16 yards. Also I think that Samuel and Dowdle did not play in that game that could of helped South Carolina. Coach Muschamp has stressed more then one occasion that the defense has unkowns that need to be addressed. If some of these unknowns are figured out by the third game (Kentucky) and South Carolina skill set players are healthy and if the new field goal kicker gains confidence/experience than South Carolina will beat Kentucky
About the game last year, I've gotten into plenty of discussions about the 'outcome' of games if Bentley would have started.
2016 is what it is. That game was still early in the season and maybe Bentley wasn't quiet as comfortable with the playbook until a little later in the season.

It's a moot discussion because it doesn't change the L in the column. You talk about all the Ifs you want but no matter what your argument is... if you go to mcubed and look at the last 3 meetings... Kentucky won them all.

As for this year, I think Kentucky should at least have our respect now that they have gotten 3 in a row. Your post has about as many ifs about 2017 as there was ifs about 2016.

Last year I had Tennessee circled as a game we HAVE to win. Kentucky is on my mark this year. Stating that is extremely depressing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT