ADVERTISEMENT

For some reason the sports gods dont like us right now

rohlingercock

Nov 28, 2016
Several years ago when we had so much success in football and baseball, we got the big strike out, t he big hit, the big play. Think back at how many games whether its football or baseball that we should have lost but didn't, We got that big two out hit, or strikeout or big 4th down play. I guess what goes around comes around.

Reactions: humble servant
Several years ago when we had so much success in football and baseball, we got the big strike out, t he big hit, the big play. Think back at how many games whether its football or baseball that we should have lost but didn't, We got that big two out hit, or strikeout or big 4th down play. I guess what goes around comes around.
No things are just back to normal.

With our current management I don't have confidence. It feels like the admins have returned to their old ways of operating in the black without payoff. Spurrier raised our expectations and I hope Boom gets us there. We seem to be OK with complacency right now in our men's sports. This needs to change before I come back to paying for sports functions. I'm a supporter but after seeing success during our best runs, I know we can do better.

No things are just back to normal.
Typical gamecock fan attitude..We cant handle success. Im just a guilty, During those great years gamecock fans were wondering when it would all come crashing down, that the winning would not last,well it didn't..

vd-chicken-curse2.jpg

To be honest, the sports gods have never like us. Roche ankle sprain in the ACC tourney. Loss to Auburn in 2011 when a win would have put us in the SEC Championship Game, etc. As good as those three 11 win seasons were, they could have been even better. ARGH

They've never liked us. They just sort of forgot about us from 2009-2013. They are certainly making up for it now though

Let's not forget the 1984 Football Team losing to Navy and then the Gator Bowl to Oklahoma State. Plus, Lattimore getting hurt and out for the game in the 2010 Chick Fil A Peach Bowl after Florida State had difficulties stopping him.

Luck has very little to do with it. Carolina does not put itself in a position to win because the people in charge are not of the same quality they once were. Tanner was one of the true great on the diamond and seems to be out of his element in the corner office. He did a poor job backfilling his position. He not only botched a situation where Spurrier was clearly done but he also screwed up the coaching search to replace him.

I think he was lucky to get Coach Muschamp because he spent at least three 3 weeks courting Herman and letting him slip away (which also cost him Fuentes).

the only thing worse than screwing up the little decisions is screwing up the big decisions

Your right, let us pray

Dear God of sports, Hermes if you still go by that,

Please give us a Mens basketball tourney win, its been since 1973, we have paid for our sins, haven't we?

Please give us a Womens NCAA Championship, Connecticut has enough and you teach us to share

Please let our football team win at least 8 regular season games and give us XT

raw

Amen

(I have given up on beating Clemson in anything ever again so its a wasted prayer, so i omitted them)

Last edited:
With our current management I don't have confidence. It feels like the admins have returned to their old ways of operating in the black without payoff. Spurrier raised our expectations and I hope Boom gets us there. We seem to be OK with complacency right now in our men's sports. This needs to change before I come back to paying for sports functions. I'm a supporter but after seeing success during our best runs, I know we can do better.

Now, THIS ^^^^ is a post to save! '. . . feels like the adminis have returned to their old ways of OPERATING IN THE BLACK WITHOUT PAYOFF . . .'

How true it is. It often seems like our leaders love to use and abuse us. Things gotta change in Soda City!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT