ADVERTISEMENT

For strange reason I think UT keeps Butch Jones for another year. And that

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
will be good for us. Seriously, I'm not sure UT can afford his buyout this year. They may be able to buy him out but financially I think it would be a bad move for the viles.

Nah, I think they lose to Vandy again and finish 5-7.

Probably another 40 point whopping this week as well.

Jones is gone, recruiting class is already falling apart.

I hear the buyout drops after Jan 1. So they will wait it what I've heard or negotiate a buyout. He's a deadman walking.

I don't see it. They seem to be getting worse as the season progresses. Anyone who has that kind of year in year five deserves to be canned.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I don't see it. They seem to be getting worse as the season progresses. Anyone who has that kind of year in year five deserves to be canned.

exactly....I think they are already using back door channels to find the next guy...If they can't arrange a great hire before Nov, he might survive..I know they want to avoid a hap hazard search with several candidates telling them no

Nick Saban will hire him to be an analyst, will use his recruiting strengths, and work him into a coaching position in a few years. While he's failed as a head coach, I wish our guys would look at expanding some analyst positions and pick up some types like him

I hear the buyout drops after Jan 1. So they will wait it what I've heard or negotiate a buyout. He's a deadman walking.
They won't wait that late, there is a new early signing period this year and they need to get a head start on the many schools apparently in the market for a new HC. Butch's buyout is around 8.5m, but to buy out his entire staff if it comes to that would cost UT in the neighborhood of 13m. UT will not be retaining BJ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT