ADVERTISEMENT

Former clemson Football Star Suspended By NFL For 1-Year

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
Reportedly suffering 'depression' a former clemson player has been suspended for drug-use while alluding to missing clemson where partying and non-stop drug-use apparently could be enjoyed without fear of reprisal or 'hassle' by coaches, school authorities or law-enforcement - and the 'benefits' provided 'free' were obviously greater than an NFL player can buy with a few million bucks.

clemson - where player's are treated like kings (until their eligibility is used up ... or they 'abandon' the 'all-in' crowd and declare early for the NFL draft) - which at clemson is considered 'totally selfish'.

clemson - where they practice use 'em up - spit 'em out ... and don't even wave goodbye.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...=5566&linksrc=mb_story_main_head_top_20475316

"clemson - where they practice use 'em up - spit 'em out ... and don't even wave goodbye."

Ha, ha! Why are you so mad sportsuites?

Last edited:
Reportedly suffering 'depression' a former clemson player has been suspended for drug-use while alluding to missing clemson where partying and non-stop drug-use apparently could be enjoyed without fear of reprisal or 'hassle' by coaches, school authorities or law-enforcement - and the 'benefits' provided 'free' were obviously greater than an NFL player can buy with a few million bucks.
clemson - where player's are treated like kings (until their eligibility is used up ... or they 'abandon' the 'all-in' crowd and declare early for the NFL draft) - which at clemson is considered 'totally selfish'.
clemson - where they practice use 'em up - spit 'em out ... and don't even wave goodbye.

A more unbiased and accurate take on the situation might sound like this:

"Five minutes. That’s how long it took during my recent conversation with Clemson strength and conditioning coach Joey Batson, to realize why the Tigers are one of the best programs in the country. It is extremely evident that Clemson has ascended to the top of the college football ranks because of 1. humble leadership; 2. motivated student-athletes; and 3. a disciplined commitment to the idea of team and family. For you recruits out there wanting to know what it takes to not only get to the next level, but stay at the next level, there’s your formula right there.

I didn’t get a degree from Clemson and I have never lived in South Carolina, but I can promise you this; unless they are playing Kansas State, I will be rooting for Clemson!"

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/recruit...of-football-strength-conditioning-joey-batson

Reactions: cockofthegoat
This boy of 24 knows what to do first and foremost. The drugs have to go before any help can be given for depression. These Clemson football players are damaged goods much of the time. The NFL should be figuring this out by now. It doesn't mean anything that "others do it too". It is up to Clemson to build young men out of boys. It is to their credit or detriment as to what they will do next. The ball is in your court insurance peddler.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...=5566&linksrc=mb_story_main_head_top_20475316

Deon Cain..said hello

Reactions: Bhsglider
" 1. humble leadership; 2. motivated student-athletes; and 3. a disciplined commitment to the idea of team and family."

You forgot number 4. Drug test results will be completely ignored.

"Five minutes. That’s how long it took during my recent conversation with Clemson strength and conditioning coach Joey Batson, to realize why the Tigers are one of the best programs in the country. It is extremely evident that Clemson has ascended to the top of the college football ranks because of 1. humble leadership; 2. motivated student-athletes; and 3. a disciplined commitment to the idea of team and family. For you recruits out there wanting to know what it takes to not only get to the next level, but stay at the next level, there’s your formula right there.

I didn’t get a degree from Clemson and I have never lived in South Carolina, but I can promise you this; unless they are playing Kansas State, I will be rooting for Clemson!"

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/recruit...of-football-strength-conditioning-joey-batson
You missed number 4.... Funded deferred annuities

" 1. humble leadership; 2. motivated student-athletes; and 3. a disciplined commitment to the idea of team and family."

You forgot number 4. Drug test results will be completely ignored.[/QUOTE]

Or not administered at all by the team.
The NCAA tested twelve random clemson football players for drug use before the football playoffs and sent three home.!!!
They can't 'spin' that.
Once upon a time clemson was just like almost every other college campus - much like Jimmy Buffett-land; where - if you weren't wearing flip-flops you might cut your heel on a pop-top.
Today's clemson campus requires students to wear steel-toe Red Wing brogans for protection against random needle sticks 'tween their toes.
la-la land really has morphed into La-La Land.
An east coast lost in the hills West Virginia, Tennessee mountain, Kentucky holler-style few roads go there place with an inferiority-complex that compels 'em to emulate the west coast campus drug cultures ... but it ain't working - no amount of get-stupid smoke, no designer injection and no pharmacy is gonna' turn those clemson Momma Cass'es into Milley Cyrus look-alikes, ain't gonna' happen.
But just because the guy blocking next to you is probably cuter than the girl you do the wild thing with on weekends that is no excuse for the level of drug use by clemson's football team.
Let's hope they get a handle on it.
Thank da' Lawdy few people even know what state clemson is located in. At least that's a silver-lining.

Or not administered at all by the team.
The NCAA tested twelve random clemson football players for drug use before the football playoffs and sent three home.!!!
They can't 'spin' that.
Once upon a time clemson was just like almost every other college campus - much like Jimmy Buffett-land; where - if you weren't wearing flip-flops you might cut your heel on a pop-top.
Today's clemson campus requires students to wear steel-toe Red Wing brogans for protection against random needle sticks 'tween their toes.
la-la land really has morphed into La-La Land.
An east coast lost in the hills West Virginia, Tennessee mountain, Kentucky holler-style few roads go there place with an inferiority-complex that compels 'em to emulate the west coast campus drug cultures ... but it ain't working - no amount of get-stupid smoke, no designer injection and no pharmacy is gonna' turn those clemson Momma Cass'es into Milley Cyrus look-alikes, ain't gonna' happen.
But just because the guy blocking next to you is probably cuter than the girl you do the wild thing with on weekends that is no excuse for the level of drug use by clemson's football team.
Let's hope they get a handle on it.
Thank da' Lawdy few people even know what state clemson is located in. At least that's a silver-lining.

Reactions: USC1st
littering-and-SMOKING-THE-REEFER.jpg

LOL, its sad when you get under the skin of your fellow fans more than the group you are trying to troll. Most Clemson fans just laugh at him.

Huh? Lou Holtz, when asked during a hurricane about the 'flood' and it was suggested he could have used an ark his 1st game as the Gamecock's coach played against NC State in Raleigh replied " ... an ark wouldn't have helped us, we don't have two of anything."

Trolling?
You're the one on the wrong bridge, trolls live under others paths hoping to create havoc. Gamecocks live here, you're visiting. The 'clemson' bridge is elsewhere. SUGGESTION: Go scavenge the campus bridges near clemson looking for blood spatters. At clemson what passes for yuppies form gangs and toss helpless and frail freshmen over the sides onto the rocks then have a few drinks, smoke a few joints and then 10-12 hours later call the 'girlfriend' to report him missing.

All college campuses have their misfits, it's just a tragic fact that clemson is far more deficient than other college campuses when trying to locate anyone with 'character'. There may be one, but you can't find two.

Go live under your own bridge, if you can stand the stench.

Reactions: spinrbait
SportsSuites, if I get you a camera will you film these rants? The people need to know, and you're the guy to do it! Please, not for us but for the world.

Sports suits you are hilarious. You make fun of your own team when trying to troll Clemson.

What happened to ace Saunders? He failed multiple drug tests and got suspended for the whole season. The only difference is that ace is garbage and martavis is a star

Huh? Lou Holtz, when asked during a hurricane about the 'flood' and it was suggested he could have used an ark his 1st game as the Gamecock's coach played against NC State in Raleigh replied " ... an ark wouldn't have helped us, we don't have two of anything."

Trolling?
You're the one on the wrong bridge, trolls live under others paths hoping to create havoc. Gamecocks live here, you're visiting. The 'clemson' bridge is elsewhere. SUGGESTION: Go scavenge the campus bridges near clemson looking for blood spatters. At clemson what passes for yuppies form gangs and toss helpless and frail freshmen over the sides onto the rocks then have a few drinks, smoke a few joints and then 10-12 hours later call the 'girlfriend' to report him missing.

All college campuses have their misfits, it's just a tragic fact that clemson is far more deficient than other college campuses when trying to locate anyone with 'character'. There may be one, but you can't find two.

Go live under your own bridge, if you can stand the stench.
Don't forget lake party and the jet ski!

Sports suits you are hilarious. You make fun of your own team when trying to troll Clemson.

What happened to ace Saunders? He failed multiple drug tests and got suspended for the whole season. The only difference is that ace is garbage and martavis is a star

Huh? A star? Man, please.

You certainly have some sleazy standards 'lawnboy'. Martavis Bryant is a dumb as a brick, suicidal, homicidal or both whacked-out, drug-using father of two infants by two different mother's never married nut-bomb who cruised through clemson taking basket-weaving, hair-braiding and how to self-tattoo without creating life-threatening infection classes that is going to end up like almost every other washed-out, kicked out now down on his luck the signing bonus money is gone ain't no more glory has-beens so like so many 'former' clemson tiger wannabe's who never did and never will.

Bryant peaked against West Virginia catching two passes for 20-yards in clemson's historic 70-points allowed bowl loss to the Mountaineers ... fella, it's been all downhill since.

If you consider this guy a 'star' then your idea of a fine looking woman must be Bruce Jenner. Lawnboy, I think that Toro's got your brain rattled - you best stick to rakes and hoes ... the latter of which clemson has an abundance.

Reactions: spinrbait
Star in the nfl. If not star, then emerging star. You are an idiot. Is their no response to Ace Saunders? Is he all of those things as well?

And to say that he was never disciplined at Clemson is a straight up lie, or you are just stupid and uninformed.

Cruised through Clemson taking bogus classes? Hahahaha! Says the person that went to the school that's known for having alumni that didn't get into Clemson.

You get more and more stupid with each post you make. Actually you may not be stupid, just insane. My goodness you sound crazy

Now THERE's a logical response to the topic. LMAO. Believe what you want recruits, but this fool is up the Tater butts for a reason. Most Climpson fans did not graduate from Climpson nor anywhere else. But yeah, if you like weed and adderall, Climpson is your place.

Star in the nfl. If not star, then emerging star. You are an idiot. Is their no response to Ace Saunders? Is he all of those things as well?

And to say that he was never disciplined at Clemson is a straight up lie, or you are just stupid and uninformed.

Cruised through Clemson taking bogus classes? Hahahaha! Says the person that went to the school that's known for having alumni that didn't get into Clemson.

You get more and more stupid with each post you make. Actually you may not be stupid, just insane. My goodness you sound crazy

Huh? All I said about clemson was Bryant peaked against WVA while playing in that curbstomp they handed you.

Two posts and both spent defending Bryant. Are you his dealer? 5'7" Ace Sanders is NOTHING like Bryant. "Ace" WAS a 'star' at 'Carolina - who never saw or caused any problems at USC. Yes, he was suspended by the NFL for smoking weed (once) - but NEVER for the season, certainly not multiple times like your 'star' (HA! - star my arse) who IS suspended for AT LEAST the entire upcoming season. (He'll probably NEVER play again).
Ace is an articulate, educated fella' ... Martavis Bryant is a tattooed roadmap sperm donor poster-child for busted-out potheads - he's broke, he's dumb and he's unemployed. If that's 'star-quality' to you it's safe to assume you go 'round staring down and have never seen a night sky. The Jaguars cut Ace but he's been invited to tryout for SEVERAL different NFL teams, which he's free to do.
Bryant? He's probably holed up somewhere with a bazooka-sized reefer trying to read all that gibberish inked on his upper (or lower) torso - take your pick.

Huh? All I said about clemson was Bryant peaked against WVA while playing in that curbstomp they handed you.

Two posts and both spent defending Bryant. Are you his dealer? 5'7" Ace Sanders is NOTHING like Bryant. "Ace" WAS a 'star' at 'Carolina - who never saw or caused any problems at USC. Yes, he was suspended by the NFL for smoking weed (once) - but NEVER for the season, certainly not multiple times like your 'star' (HA! - star my arse) who IS suspended for AT LEAST the entire upcoming season. (He'll probably NEVER play again).
Ace is an articulate, educated fella' ... Martavis Bryant is a tattooed roadmap sperm donor poster-child for busted-out potheads - he's broke, he's dumb and he's unemployed. If that's 'star-quality' to you it's safe to assume you go 'round staring down and have never seen a night sky. The Jaguars cut Ace but he's been invited to tryout for SEVERAL different NFL teams, which he's free to do.
Bryant? He's probably holed up somewhere with a bazooka-sized reefer trying to read all that gibberish inked on his upper (or lower) torso - take your pick.
You're pretty quick to forget about Kenny McKinley who blew his brains out shortly after leaving us. Pretty messed up that you'd joke about depression like that SS1. Then again you try to make humor out of that kid that died up there at Lake Hartwell, too. At some point you should ask yourself if you're the one with the problem even if you think you're being funny.

It is also comical that your fellow fans don't even like you.

HA! If cockytalk89 is a Gamecock he's a gutless one in need of a new handle to express his opinions, which given his post count not to mention yours means absolutely zip to me - being challenged or argued with by trolls like you (or him) is precisely the reaction I enjoy ... you're visiting, I'm not.

I'm reasonably confident that very few Gamecock fans I know personally (a reasonably large number) 'don't like me' albeit I know some certainly don't and that feeling's as often as not mutual - but it's of no concern whatsoever; such is life, such is natural.

I know for a fact drug use at clemson is WAY UP just in the last decade and that it's occurring at a substantially higher rate of use than 'Carolina - notwithstanding we have too much ... though no nearly so much among athletes as has been occurring and recurring at clemson.

Your claim - 'lawnboy' ... was Sanders and Bryant are like peas in a pod and nothing could be further from the truth. Ace can play, Bryant can't.

Ace WAS a 'star' at 'Carolina ... Bryant never has been a star - anywhere.

Ace was never suspended for 'a season". Bryant IS suspended for AT LEAST an entire season. That ain't 'zackly apples to apples.

As for the depression if I wasn't even yet 25-years old and being sued for child support by two different women while unemployed and always looking for my next high I 'spose that would be depressing. To whom should I complain about it? Couldn't possibly be the guy in the mirror could it? Nah!!! Heck, I played ball at clemson!!! It couldn't be ME!!!

Typical sports agent/public relations defense. "I didn't get but half a mil guaranteed, and then they busted me! WHAT am I suppose to do for money?!!! I've got tattoos to pay for and dope to buy ... I didn't PLAY at Ohio State!!!"

You are such an idiot. You said that he was only suspended once and only failed 1 drug test. That is in fact false. He did the same thing that martavis did and you're bashing martavis and giving ace a pass. The only reason ace only got suspended for 2 games is because he did it before he nfl cracked down, and because he sucks and it's not a headline.

If you think marijuana use isn't rampant on every college football team in America, then you are clueless. A player on your team even got shot last year because of a bad drug deal. He also is a thief. But I'm sure he is a great guy too. Because Smoking pot is a lot worse than stealing from people right?

You are such an idiot. You said that he was only suspended once and only failed 1 drug test. That is in fact false. He did the same thing that martavis did and you're bashing martavis and giving ace a pass. The only reason ace only got suspended for 2 games is because he did it before he nfl cracked down, and because he sucks and it's not a headline.

If you think marijuana use isn't rampant on every college football team in America, then you are clueless. A player on your team even got shot last year because of a bad drug deal. He also is a thief. But I'm sure he is a great guy too. Because Smoking pot is a lot worse than stealing from people right?

If youy think its not then you are clueless. Rampant may be a strong term but I would be willing to bet it goes on with almost every team. Difference is most Gamecocks are willing to admit is goes on almost everywhere You Taters think you are a "family" who doesnt do those sorts of things when the numbers completely dispute that.

HA! The NFL expert. The league's current drug policies have been in effect since the 2012 collective bargaining agreement was signed, AGAIN you fail to equate apples to apples. Martavis Bryant is a BIG TIME drug user/abuser.

Five posts, all five about Bryant. You ARE his dealer! Lost your meal ticket, huh? Too bad ... boy's unemployed with ZERO prospects for AT LEAST the next 15-18 months.

And who said anything about Bryant and marijuana? The story is he likes the 'hard stuff' - the stuff that results in SEASON LONG suspensions.

HA! The NFL expert. The league's current drug policies have been in effect since the 2012 collective bargaining agreement was signed, AGAIN you fail to equate apples to apples. Martavis Bryant is a BIG TIME drug user/abuser.

Five posts, all five about Bryant. You ARE his dealer! Lost your meal ticket, huh? Too bad ... boy's unemployed with ZERO prospects for AT LEAST the next 15-18 months.

And who said anything about Bryant and marijuana? The story is he likes the 'hard stuff' - the stuff that results in SEASON LONG suspensions.

Your right, I am a drug dealer and am defending my client to a retard on a message board. lol. Martavis made has made mistakes and I am not defending him. So did Ace Saunders. You act like South Carolina players are Saints! Was Vic Hampton a good guy too rolling around drunk with assault rifles in his car?

EVERY team has it. I was at a Super Bowl party this past year with a former Ole Miss player. He failed more than 1 school mandated drug test and never missed a game.

Your right, I am a drug dealer and am defending my client to a retard on a message board. lol. Martavis made has made mistakes and I am not defending him. So did Ace Saunders. You act like South Carolina players are Saints! Was Vic Hampton a good guy too rolling around drunk with assault rifles in his car?

EVERY team has it. I was at a Super Bowl party this past year with a former Ole Miss player. He failed more than 1 school mandated drug test and never missed a game.

Sure, we've had a few guys with colds ... but clemson's sick boys have cancer. It's night and day. You can stay here trying to defend the indefensible forever but it won't change the facts. clemson has a drug problem, a LARGE drug problem that includes several football players..

As for 'alumni' players there's no comparison, but once a clemson user there do seem to be a few constants: long sleeve shirts in the summer, nose candy for halloween - with their dealers trying to make excuses for 'em online. Have at it tinkerbell ... tell the world what a 'star' the unemployed Mr. Bryant is, the bum.

Reactions: Clemsuck
To say that USC is a less troubled school is a joke. And since you brag about all the other "stellar" sec schools as you all ride their coat tails take a look at this.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...sted-college-football-teams-in-america-081815

Clemson has had their troubles but you all have had more.

Huh? You "ALL"? I said NOTHING about the SEC or 'other schools' other than clemson. Nice attempt at bait and switch.

The subject was and is Bryant and drugs. He's no 'star'. He's a drug addict. Try to spin it or deflect it - it's sad but it's still true.

actually you are looking more and more stupid with each post.

Man, you are too old to maintain such pettiness.

My goodness man. Talk about deflecting points. I'm throwing out facts with articles backing up my claim and your only response is martavis is a drug addict and he's not a star blah blah blah. I said he was a star and then corrected my self and said "emerging star". Do you not agree with that?

Anyways, are you 12? It seems like you pop a boner whenever a former Clemson player gets in to trouble. I enjoy seeing South Carolina lose on the field, but I don't enjoy seeing their players or former players ruin their lives. You are a giant POS.

That article shows that success on the football field correlates with off the field issues. Just look at the SEC! Maybe that's why Clemson has had a couple more issues recently. Considering that we just played for a natty and you all lost to the citadel. Lol!!!!

My goodness man. Talk about deflecting points. I'm throwing out facts with articles backing up my claim and your only response is martavis is a drug addict and he's not a star blah blah blah. I said he was a star and then corrected my self and said "emerging star". Do you not agree with that?

Anyways, are you 12? It seems like you pop a boner whenever a former Clemson player gets in to trouble. I enjoy seeing South Carolina lose on the field, but I don't enjoy seeing their players or former players ruin their lives. You are a giant POS.

That article shows that success on the football field correlates with off the field issues. Just look at the SEC! Maybe that's why Clemson has had a couple more issues recently. Considering that we just played for a natty and you all lost to the citadel. Lol!!!!

The subject is Bryant. Eight posts, eight weak defenses and your 'star' is still in NFL jail. No, I 'corrected' you ... and 'myself' is one word. Are YOU 12? ... or simply ignorant?

You ain't nuthin' but noise, troll. Say goodbye to your 'star' ... he has exploded and left the galaxy - never to be seen again. Much like you he's now nothing but hot air and gas. A memory, no more meaningful than the smoke he's surrounded himself with from the day he set foot on the campus at clemson.

Some 'lawnboy' you are - nothing but weed(s) everywhere you look in Pickens County. Have a toke - clemson's a joke, another one bites the dust. Eight truly sorry posts. See 'ya 'round tinkerbell.

Best find yourself another 'hero' ... Bryant has gone bye-bye.

You forgot number 4. Drug test results will be completely ignored.

K-State is similar to Clemson - a small town cow college where the school is the entire town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT