ADVERTISEMENT

Former Pro bowl and Denver Bronco Demaryius Thomas dead at age 33

I'll be interested to see what tests uncover. He was having seizures but he was also very young. From what I've read and seen, CTE usually takes out players who have grown older.
True. It usually reveals itself later. Evidently, DT was a stand up guy with sneaky hall of fame numbers. How about working before school to help support his family. Just special, a model for all especially younger folks. RIP.

I'll be interested to see what tests uncover. He was having seizures but he was also very young. From what I've read and seen, CTE usually takes out players who have grown older.
Let me rephrase, could be CTE related!

Given that he'd been having seizures over the last year, that is my first thought. It will be interesting what the autopsy finds, and I'm sure they will look at any possible CTE connections. If I'm not mistaken they did, as well, during Aaron Hernandez's autopsy.
Yep, sad that's going to be the first thing you think of when a young otherwise healthy athletic young man that has played a contact sport all his life starts having seizures.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I heard the news last night on the radio. I was heartbroken to hear the news, 33 years old is just too young. People who knew him speak of his infectious smile and kind spirit.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT