ADVERTISEMENT

Fournette, McCaffrey , or Cook ....

FWB4294

Oct 21, 2012
So draft is coming up and always thought hands down Fournette would be the first RB off the board but saw McCaffrey is shooting up the draft board and Dalvin Cook is Plummeting . If you were a GM and needed a RB who would you take . Always thought Fournette was easy choice but in hindsight McCaffrey can Play the Slot and return Kicks and he ran in the 4.4 's which is way faster than expected . Not sure I wouldn't take a flier on him . Love Fournette but I think his running style is gonna lead to a short career . He ain't running over Cam Chancellor like he ran over DB's in college . What do you guys think ??

Being a Panthers fan, I am torn....but I go McCaffrey. He helps on more fronts.
Stewart is a big back. McCaffrey is a complimentary back. This helps THIS YEAR.
But longterm, Fornette fits the Panther way. Bruising ground game. Sets up big receivers.
I personally go OL.

So draft is coming up and always thought hands down Fournette would be the first RB off the board but saw McCaffrey is shooting up the draft board and Dalvin Cook is Plummeting . If you were a GM and needed a RB who would you take . Always thought Fournette was easy choice but in hindsight McCaffrey can Play the Slot and return Kicks and he ran in the 4.4 's which is way faster than expected . Not sure I wouldn't take a flier on him . Love Fournette but I think his running style is gonna lead to a short career . He ain't running over Cam Chancellor like he ran over DB's in college . What do you guys think ??

I'd take McCaffrey, then Cook, then Fournette. Fournette has no heart. Once he gets paid he's going to lay down.

If you need a true running back you take Cook (if he's healthy).

McCaffrey may not be a running back at the next level, at least not an every down running back. No way he could take the pounding.

Being a Panthers fan, I am torn....but I go McCaffrey. He helps on more fronts.
Stewart is a big back. McCaffrey is a complimentary back. This helps THIS YEAR.
But longterm, Fornette fits the Panther way. Bruising ground game. Sets up big receivers.
I personally go OL.

Yeah I'm a Panthers fan too and I always thought Fournette was the home run pick but the more I look at it McCaffrey might be a better pick . He can fill that deep threat and kick return spot that Tedd Ginn had (and McCaffrey can actually catch the ball unlike Ginn). They need just as much Help at WR as anywhere and you kill two birds with one stone here . As deep as this RB class is you can make a case for taking McCaffrey at 8 and even picking up a more traditional RB in the later rounds . Knowing Gettleman I'm sure he will take another Corner or DLineman at 8 instead of getting Cam any help .

I'd take Fournette and it ain't close...Fournette played for an idiot that ran him up the middle when the opposing team knew he was getting the ball between the tackles...Yet he still excelled...If LF played in the FSU or Stanford offense this topic wouldn't even be a discussion...Fournette is this years Zeke Elliott...Cook is a thug that will be out of the league in 3 years...McCaffery is the real deal in the right system...He needs to wind up with the Saints or the Patriots...If Mccaffery is allowed to play in space he will be dynamic..Run him between the tackles much and it's a short career for him

I'd take Fournette and it ain't close...Fournette played for an idiot that ran him up the middle when the opposing team knew he was getting the ball between the tackles...Yet he still excelled...If LF played in the FSU or Stanford offense this topic wouldn't even be a discussion...Fournette is this years Zeke Elliott...Cook is a thug that will be out of the league in 3 years...McCaffery is the real deal in the right system...He needs to wind up with the Saints or the Patriots...If Mccaffery is allowed to play in space he will be dynamic..Run him between the tackles much and it's a short career for him

I could be dead wrong but I think Fournette has very little will to be as good as he could be. On paper he could be great. For Leonard to be great he's got to want to be great, and that's where I question him.

I like and would take Dalvin Cook. His vision is incredible. I think what is hurting him is his durability issues.

I would take Fournette, just because he fits the Panthers offense perfectly. I agree, LSU had no clue how to run an offense, and wasted a talent like Fournette. Plus I've read that Fournette has good hands, LSU just never figured out how to throw a forward pass to anyone. For McCaffery, I worry about his durability, and about the fact he was so willing to dump his entire team to train for the draft instead of playing in the bowl (makes me question his character and commitment). If I'm thinking McCaffery, I'm thinking of trading down and taking him, I think he's an overreach in the top 10 picks. I don't even consider Cook in the first round.

Fournette is a clone of Herschel walker, mcafferey reminds me a lot of Brian Westbrook. I'll let you decide which of the two had a better NFL career...

Fournette is a clone of Herschel walker, mcafferey reminds me a lot of Brian Westbrook. I'll let you decide which of the two had a better NFL career...

Dang that's a great comparison . Weird to say but I would say Westbrook had a better career . He could do it all . I think Hershel's best days were probably in the USFL unfortunately!!

Have I missed something with Fournette? What's all the question of his work ethic based on? Panthers fan too, but I wonder how much longer Stewart has left. Need someone to give the ball and depend on in short yards other than the QB. That is what points me to Fournette. Cook is 2 for me. Love Mcaffery, but not sure how he fits in the offense/ fills needs.

Dang that's a great comparison . Weird to say but I would say Westbrook had a better career . He could do it all . I think Hershel's best days were probably in the USFL unfortunately!!
Agreed. Brian Westbrook was a better NFL running back than Herschel Walker o_O. Don't know how but that's how it played out.

I would take Cook but not take an RB at 8 if it was my choice.

Edit: I read the thread after my post. I was unaware Cook had character issues and just read about them, so...

I would take Cook. I think hes the best all around back of the three. I like Fournette but as an above poster said I dont think he has the internal drive to max out his potential.

Dalvin Cook when at 100% is the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Have I missed something with Fournette? What's all the question of his work ethic based on? Panthers fan too, but I wonder how much longer Stewart has left. Need someone to give the ball and depend on in short yards other than the QB. That is what points me to Fournette. Cook is 2 for me. Love Mcaffery, but not sure how he fits in the offense/ fills needs.

I think if Fournette is available at 8 they will take him but I bet he doesn't get past Jacksonville or Jets . Gonna be ticked if Gettleman drafts another DB or DLineman instead of a player to help Cam .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT