ADVERTISEMENT

Fox vs CBS golf

spur_rem

Oct 29, 2015
I like the cbs team better but sure do love the long golf coverage between commercials. CBS seems to have as many commercials as play coverage.

Agreed but man I love watching golf past 9pm
It is great but this is due to west coast time zone and has nothing to do with network. FOX’s coverage is pretty bad. NBC does the best golf coverage. They used to have the US Open until 2015 @ Chambers Bay, which was the first year on FOX. NBC now has The Open Championship, Ryder Cup, and President’s Cup and do a great job with them all. Keep in mind, NBC owns The Golf Channel so they broadcast as much golf as anyone throughout the season as they typically show every Thursday and Friday round.

Only network worse than FOX is TNT for the PGA Championship on Thursday & Friday. They gotta do something about that. They make it feel about as dramatic as the old BC Open...

Last edited:
It is great but this is due to west coast time zone and has nothing to do with network. FOX’s coverage is pretty bad. NBC does the best golf coverage. They used to have the US Open until 2015 @ Chambers Bay, which was the first year on FOX. NBC now has The Open Championship, Ryder Cup, and President’s Cup and do a great job with them all. Keep in mind, NBC owns The Golf Channel so they broadcast as much golf as anyone throughout the season as they typically show every Thursday and Friday round.

Only network worse than FOX is TNT for the PGA Championship on Thursday & Friday. They gotta do something about that. They make it feel about as dramatic as the old BC Open...
Yep, FOX sucks at golf coverage but at least they’re better than years ago at Chambers Bay. That year they actually had more studio round table discussion than golf coverage.This year they rolled out a laughable putting preview graph that’s not even close to accurate. Also missing is the eye candy T&A interview-etts.

Reactions: Carolina4
Yep, FOX sucks at golf coverage but at least they’re better than years ago at Chambers Bay. That year they actually had more studio round table discussion than golf coverage.This year they rolled out a laughable putting preview graph that’s not even close to accurate. Also missing is the eye candy T&A interview-etts.
I think that was their first year. They have improved; but they'll never catch NBC and CBS because they don't do enough golf - only the USGA events.

Not a big Joe Buck fan for any sport really (nothing against him)but definitely turned me off really fast trying to watch this Open.
He's got more of a "big game" boomer type voice.

Reactions: PC31
The best coverage was when McCord and Feherty were both on CBS. Then McCord has to make the joke about bikini wax at The Masters and NBC bought the Golf Channel and that was that.

If Fox would put Holly Sonders doing post round interviews it would fix your eye candy issue.

I like Zinger and Curtis is solid.

And you haven't been around my golf group if you haven't heard complaints about CBS coverage. They HATE Jim Nantz, "Hello friends, it's Tiger day all day"!

Reactions: PC31
Azinger isn't real smooth at golf commentary but he's slowly improving. He's like Johnny Miller-sounds critical and abrasive most of the time. Curtis Strange is good on air-makes good comments and stays even keeled. CBS has been doing golf coverage for ages so they're more experienced. Nantz has always had a smooth delivery but comes across as a car salesman. Nick Faldo to me is a bit annoying on air with his thick British accent and propensity to get over dramatic. Yes, I know he's a legend. What I hate is how they show Nantz and Faldo shake hands on air before a broadcast like they've never met before.

Last edited:
2:04 EST and FOX is still running commercials. I realize the leaders don't tee off for a few hours but get with the program and show the golf tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT