ADVERTISEMENT

Frank martin and Carolina Calls last night

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
Did anyone listen? I did not so I'm curious as to what he said. I did listen to Heath yesterday on 107.5. Heath is a big Martin supporter so it's interesting to me to hear Heath's opinion.
I'm not a huge Martin fan but I do love basketball so I'd love for him to succeed. That final four season was awesome.

Did anyone listen? I did not so I'm curious as to what he said. I did listen to Heath yesterday on 107.5. Heath is a big Martin supporter so it's interesting to me to hear Heath's opinion.
I'm not a huge Martin fan but I do love basketball so I'd love for him to succeed. That final four season was awesome.
Yea, listened to Heath. It felt as if he was getting on the fans for being impatient with this team / Martin.

I really like Heath but struggle listening to him when he talks USC basketball with the Captain.

Yea, listened to Heath. It felt as if he was getting on the fans for being impatient with this team / Martin.

I really like Heath but struggle listening to him when he talks USC basketball with the Captain.
Agree.

I don’t usually listen that late (6:15-6:30) but was in the car last night. It was the dang Frank Martin apology hour with those two last night. You’d think CFM was taking us to the FF every year and fans are being unreasonable expressing frustration with the constant ooc losses every year.

I listened for a few mins- maybe 10 minutes. I agree. It's hard to listen to Heath regarding Martin.

(I almost never listen to the coaches show. It's just fluff for a coach to pad his bank account with his contract).

We all know that Frank will be given this year no matter what. We don't need to be told that 90 times.

Heath sometimes treats fans like they are 2 years old. There is something about many talk show hosts behind a microphone that gives them the belief they are just a bit smarter than everyone else. It's not Heath's fault. It's just a fact of the job it seems. He's not the only one. They seem to forget that the great majority of people listening to the show are perfectly rational, smart, well educated, successful, logical thinkers that understand how this works quite well.

Certainly folks like Heath field their share of calls from total morons who think Tanner might fire someone after 1 game in December. Most of those people are just angry. They realize that's not going to happen. Some of them just want to argue with someone. They likely don't believe everything they are saying but they want to push some buttons. But 99% of folks understand that is not going to happen.

I will say Heath does a much better job dealing with those folks than does Jay Phillips. Jay wears his emotions on his shirt and gets way too upset, too rude, too curt, and just too angry with those callers. He will sometimes let his emotions get carried away and his condescension will be over the top.

I think Heath would be a good guy to hang out with and talk sports with over dinner. Compared to Heath, I think Jay is the guy you want to avoid because he will eventually be a jerk.

I think we know the deal here. Heath doesn't want to spend time talking about firing a coach or hiring another one because that is very boring and it's irrelevant right now.

Carey Rich is very close to Frank Martin so you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. When Carey starts saying anything, I turn the channel. I think Carey tries to be fair, and he thinks he's being fair, but he has a personal relationship there and he's not going to be fair. I think he would not deny that. That's fine. But I don't want to listen to someone that I feel can't give me the unbiased truth.

I don't think Frank's power play of Alex English, Dawn Staley, and politicians insisting he stays another year will work this time.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I listened for a few mins- maybe 10 minutes. I agree. It's hard to listen to Heath regarding Martin.

(I almost never listen to the coaches show. It's just fluff for a coach to pad his bank account with his contract).

We all know that Frank will be given this year no matter what. We don't need to be told that 90 times.

Heath sometimes treats fans like they are 2 years old. There is something about many talk show hosts behind a microphone that gives them the belief they are just a bit smarter than everyone else. It's not Heath's fault. It's just a fact of the job it seems. He's not the only one. They seem to forget that the great majority of people listening to the show are perfectly rational, smart, well educated, successful, logical thinkers that understand how this works quite well.

Certainly folks like Heath field their share of calls from total morons who think Tanner might fire someone after 1 game in December. Most of those people are just angry. They realize that's not going to happen. Some of them just want to argue with someone. They likely don't believe everything they are saying but they want to push some buttons. But 99% of folks understand that is not going to happen.

I will say Heath does a much better job dealing with those folks than does Jay Phillips. Jay wears his emotions on his shirt and gets way too upset, too rude, too curt, and just too angry with those callers. He will sometimes let his emotions get carried away and his condescension will be over the top.

I think Heath would be a good guy to hang out with and talk sports with over dinner. Compared to Heath, I think Jay is the guy you want to avoid because he will eventually be a jerk.

I think we know the deal here. Heath doesn't want to spend time talking about firing a coach or hiring another one because that is very boring and it's irrelevant right now.

Carey Rich is very close to Frank Martin so you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. When Carey starts saying anything, I turn the channel. I think Carey tries to be fair, and he thinks he's being fair, but he has a personal relationship there and he's not going to be fair. I think he would not deny that. That's fine. But I don't want to listen to someone that I feel can't give me the unbiased truth.
Heath seems like a very intelligent guy to me. I can’t really fault him for the way he may come off because honestly compared to every one else on that station he’s Bill Gates (or some other really smart guy). And don’t get me started on some of the callers.

Did anyone actually listen to Carolina calls? This turned into a Heath discussion. Fyi...I like Heath. But he is ambiguous on coaches.

I can't listen to the Captain talk about any topic. He says everything at least twice in different ways. I'm pretty sure he has a thesaurus with him at all times and uses it every other sentence.

I want Martin to succeed as bad as anyone. Unfortunately, unless we see the second coming of PJ Dozier and Sin Thornwell and Duane Notice, it isn't likely to happen.

Reactions: nikolas22

Carey takes way too long to make a point. If you can make a point in 10 words, don't use 200. I change the channel when Carey comes on.

Everyone says what a great guy Frank Martin is.
When we saw him at the Madness on Main he stayed in the background. Maybe he is still fearful of covid after last year. And that would be a legitimate fear after having it twice. But he wasn't nearly as engaging as Dawn Staley was. Dawn really worked the crowd, smiling and dancing and interacting with her players. Martin stayed off in the background until he had to come up and say a few words. Then he went right back to the edge of the crowd and just stood there.

We also saw him at the Vandy game at Vandy in 2018.
He literally sat 2 rows behind us. Not friendly with the crowd that day either. So idk.

Heath's show has gotten stale. I used to enjoy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT