ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin has 1 Win and 18 Losses in SEC Road Games. Absolutely Pathetic

ipull4usc

Mar 17, 2003
I like Martin but that record is disgraceful and embarrassing. Flat-out inexcusable no matter how bad the program is

He has flat out been owned in SEC basketball.

There is no doubt about it. His record is pathetic on the road.

Bruce Pearl - in year 3- will have Auburn absolutely rolling. Frank, might lead USC to 7 conference wins - maybe.

Originally posted by ipull4usc:
Flat-out inexcusable no matter how bad the program is
Utterly ignorant point of view but you are welcome to it. Where this program was when Martin got here that record should be expected by anyone with an ounce of knowledge about basketball.

Bruce Pearl was in worse shape arriving at Auburn. He couldn't even recruit when he was hired.

in year 3, Bruce Pearl won't be starting at 1-3 in the SEC. dude wins games.

Will take Frank any day over that scumbag Pearl. Biggest cheat in the game! Just goes to show you how little integrity Auburn has for all sports. Win at all cost, even if you have to cheat to do it.

Originally posted by 75CarolinaFan:
Utterly ignorant point of view but you are welcome to it. Where this program was when Martin got here that record should be expected by anyone with an ounce of knowledge about basketball.
Sorry but no. Martin is in his 3rd year and I guarantee if you'd asked him when he took the job if he'd be 1-18 in the first 19 conference road games he coaches he'd say it would be an utter disgrace.

Originally posted by luvmygamecocks:
Will take Frank any day over that scumbag Pearl. Biggest cheat in the game! Just goes to show you how little integrity Auburn has for all sports. Win at all cost, even if you have to cheat to do it.
And Frank is a beacon of morality spending 3/4 of his timeouts cussing out college kids? Remember last year Tanner suspended him?

At least Pearl knows basketball.

Sorry but no. Martin is in his 3rd year and I guarantee if you'd asked him when he took the job if he'd be 1-18 in the first 19 conference road games he coaches he'd say it would be an utter disgrace.
He just started his 3rd year in the SEC and you are counting games from his 1st year in your criticism. Don't be a doosh.

Pearl is in his 1st year in the SEC and he's got more SEC wins than we do.

and he'll have more SEC wins this year than we will.

He just started his 3rd year in the SEC and you are counting games from his 1st year in your criticism. Don't be a doosh.

Frank is a bully!! He needs to spend more time coaching instead of cussing out his players. They are only good as they are coached!!!

Originally posted by Rollerdude123:
Pearl is in his 1st year in the SEC and he's got more SEC wins than we do.

and he'll have more SEC wins this year than we will.

Is he starting a walk-on white guy at point guard his first year? No? Okay, then he's much better off than Frank was. Not to mention our best players were encouraged to transfer by that POS Darrin Horn.

Just to be clear, what start date are we actually assigning to the Frank Martin era? Apparently year one was practice. Maybe year two was the dress rehearsal. So year 3 is really year 1? So he has at least 3 more years after this one to figure this thing out.

South Carolina the program is next to nothing. Frank Martin the coach was supposed to be something. And coaching and recruiting connections are just as meaningful as program legacy.

Bruce Pearl is 0-5 in road games so far at Auburn. 0-2 in SEC road games losing by 12 at Vanderbilt & 20 at Florida. keep us posted what his road record is in year 3 at Auburn.

@Alabama
@Tennessee
@LSU
@Georgia
@Kentucky
@Texas A&M
@Missouri

those are the remaining road games for Auburn in league play.

He's starting a miss-mash of transfers, jucos, and returning players- including a former walk on that is playing for him - and played tonight.

and he won.

Is he starting a walk-on white guy at point guard his first year? No? Okay, then he's much better off than Frank was. Not to mention our best players were encouraged to transfer by that POS Darrin Horn.

Originally posted by Rollerdude123:
He's starting a miss-mash of transfers, jucos, and returning players- including a former walk on that is playing for him - and played tonight.

and he won.

So no. Thanks. He's obviously better off.

Face it! It's difficult to recruit Elite players to South Carolina especially with Under Armour as the apparel provider. Then this season Frank signs a good class but 1 out of the 4 players signed that is actually contributing is Stroman. Two are injured in Sheppard and Blanton. Thompson never made it into school.

of course he is - he's 1-0 versus South Carolina as Auburn's coach.

and his team looked like the more poised team tonight the last few mins of the game - in his first season.

So no. Thanks. He's obviously better off.

We are bad right now period! We look like a junior high team. We hustle but don't know how to play.

Yes, Bruce is 1-0 against South Carolina as a first year Auburn coach.

You are correct.

Now back lack to your excuse making.

So I'm right. Thanks for confirming.

I don't have a problem with Frank. He is about as good, probably better than the program could have expected to get, as he was wanting to get away from his AD at Kansas State. He inherited a program that was in the tank in a variety of ways after the Darrin Horn experiment. And to think Carolina could have done better, aside from Greg Marshall who begged for the job, remember that USC was turned down by just about every coach in the country with a winning record when we set up Dave Odom with a sweet retirement package as he was about to be shown the door at Wake Forest. USC is a tough gig to recruit to. The few real studs that this state produces are going to go to the elite programs. As far as Pearl, do I think he is better? Yea. He does create excitement around a program that few other coaches can generate. But Frank inherited a total mess. Last night the team was in position to win, but couldn't close down the stretch. Good teams do that on the road. Don't think the experience level is quite there do do that yet.

This is spot on. Darrin didn't just lose. He sabotaged the program on the way out. Sad thing is many people on this board went out of their way to say Darrin is doing a good job til the very end. Most damaging coach we've ever had.

Frank will be fine. Long season. This one stings, but if we beat UT at home we are in good shape.

I took a look at the USC media guide. In the long, sad history of USC basketball, Frank Martin has the record for most consecutive conference road losses by one coach with 17 SEC road losses in a row. Our 1 SEC road win in the past 18 games was coached by Matt Figger in Starkville last season because Martin was suspended. The previous record for consecutive conference road losses by one coach was Darrin Horn with 13.

I took a look at the USC media guide. In the long, sad history of USC basketball, Frank Martin has the record for most consecutive conference road losses by one coach with 17 SEC road losses in a row. Our 1 SEC road win in the past 18 games was coached by Matt Figger in Starkville last season because Martin was suspended. The previous record for consecutive conference road losses by one coach was Darrin Horn with 13.
Very depressing.

Originally posted by Mox94:
I don't have a problem with Frank. He is about as good, probably better than the program could have expected to get, as he was wanting to get away from his AD at Kansas State. He inherited a program that was in the tank in a variety of ways after the Darrin Horn experiment. And to think Carolina could have done better, aside from Greg Marshall who begged for the job, remember that USC was turned down by just about every coach in the country with a winning record when we set up Dave Odom with a sweet retirement package as he was about to be shown the door at Wake Forest. USC is a tough gig to recruit to. The few real studs that this state produces are going to go to the elite programs. As far as Pearl, do I think he is better? Yea. He does create excitement around a program that few other coaches can generate. But Frank inherited a total mess. Last night the team was in position to win, but couldn't close down the stretch. Good teams do that on the road. Don't think the experience level is quite there do do that yet.
Everything you said is true - All f the mistakes and problems are due to one man - Hyman. He single handidly destroyed an entire program. He kept Odom too long, and gave him a raise and buyout on the the way out
Hired Horn and kept him too long and gave him a raise and a buyout on the way out. He turned Marshall down - twice and he does is dominate. and then he hired an overrated coach that wanted out because he had underachived at KState.

I'm not anti-Frank. He is a lot better that Horn but he is not a great coach (probably the best we can get).

Originally posted by uscfan1981:
Originally posted by Mox94:
Everything you said is true - All f the mistakes and problems are due to one man - Hyman. He single handidly destroyed an entire program. He kept Odom too long, and gave him a raise and buyout on the the way out
Hired Horn and kept him too long and gave him a raise and a buyout on the way out. He turned Marshall down - twice and he does is dominate. and then he hired an overrated coach that wanted out because he had underachived at KState.

I'm not anti-Frank. He is a lot better that Horn but he is not a great coach (probably the best we can get).
We have had several "destructors". Started with Holderman. Then King Dixon (should not have fired Felton and subsequently hired Newton). Wasn't Dixon's fault, though. He should have never been AD. Then McGee micromanages Eddie Folgler. Then Hyman and his stupid basketball hires. I have a mixture of high hopes and sympathy for Martin. As long as he behaves he is good by me for an extended time to build this dumpster fire. No one else has.

We beat LSU 82-73 (OT) in Baton Rouge on Jan. 16, 2013. I know because I was there. And Martin was coaching.

Originally posted by GWMorris:

We beat LSU 82-73 (OT) in Baton Rouge on Jan. 16, 2013. I know because I was there. And Martin was coaching.
What you just said does not contradict anything I've said. I remember USC winning that game and Martin coaching it. Since we beat LSU in Baton Rouge, we've played 18 SEC road games. Martin has coached 17 of those games and we've lost all 17 of which he coached. Matt Figger coached us in Starkville last year when we beat Miss St. Martin has coached us in 17 consecutive SEC road losses, which is a school record for consecutive conference road losses by 1 coach.

Martin's overall SEC road record is 1-18, and the LSU win is his only win. He lost his first SEC road game in Starkville in 2013, won his second road game in Baton Rouge, and has lost 17 straight since then.

Originally posted by Diet Cock:

*** Cock Hudson blacklisted ***
This post was edited on 1/18 1:27 PM by uscbeckham
lol, I love the fact that we have a special blacklist named after Cock Hudson

yep, martin inherited a dumpster fire created by the previous coach. Here's the irony: The same people citing horn's failure as the reason we've struggled are same folks that said that anyone suggesting he was a lousy coach was an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT