ADVERTISEMENT

**Friday A'ja Wilson scoop**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Elrod

Sep 22, 2003
Since I have yet to buy one single gift for Christmas (oops!), there will not be a Friday Hoops Connection today, but I do have an important update to pass along on 2014's top ranked womens player, A'ja Wilson.

Wilson told me last night that she has narrowed her list of college choices to South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and UConn. She wanted to make sure I noted that these schools were not in any particular order. Last week we stated that UNC and UConn appeared to present the most challenge to Coach Staley in ultimately landing Wilson.

The 6-foot-4 forward has already taken official visits to North Carolina and UConn earlier this fall. She has now scheduled visits to Tennessee and South Carolina. Wilson will visit Tennessee on January 4th weekend and USC on the weekend of January 11th.

Despite these visits coming in early January, Wilson tells me that she still doesn't plan to make a public decision until late March or early April. Obviously this could change after the visits in January, but Wilson has been saying that it will be a spring time decision for a long time now.

Last night, Wilson and her Heathwood Hall squad took on Gamecock signee Kaydra Duckett of Dreher HS at the CosCom Bank Holiday Invitation in Myrtle Beach. Duckett's team prevailed in overtime, but Wilson stole the show, scoring 40 points and grabbing 18 boards.

This post was edited on 12/20 1:13 PM by Glenn Elrod

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News