ADVERTISEMENT

Friday recruiting notes (Junior day visitors, new offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
As stated earlier on Thursday on The Insiders Forum, South Carolina extended a new offer to Fairburn (Ga.) Creekside safety Josh Brown. The 6-foot, 185-pounder previously had offers from Kentucky and Tennessee and some close to him believe his stock could rise substantially in the coming weeks. Brown plays running back, safety, and on special teams for his high school squad. He's got range and is a big hitter as well on the defensive side of the ball. After evaluating him, I'm told that USC is very high on his abilities. The Peach State product could be in town for USC's next junior day and is someone I expect USC to pursue heavily going forward.

Another Josh Brown, this one a four-star defensive end committed to FSU, recently picked up an offer from the Gamecocks and will return the favor with a visit to Columbia next weekend for junior day. The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder told me that he's excited about the trip and will visit with his father and mother. Brown remains committed to FSU, but he is still prioritizing making visits to other programs so that leaves the door open for others like USC. As to how much Brown will legitimately think about the Gamecocks going forward, I believe it depends on how much of an impression USC makes on him and his family during the visit.

The Spurrier name still resonates in certain parts of Florida, and Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic defensive end Jordan Woods is an example of a four-star prospect that has USC in his lead group due to the Head Ball Coach's reputation. The Florida schools are a big factor for Woods, but he also has Georgia and South Carolina in his lead group. Woods is an interesting case because his brother lives in Tallahassee so he's been to Florida State before. He's also right in the Gators' backyard, and Florida figures to play a significant role in his recruitment. Woods is hoping to visit USC, Michigan, and Southern California in the future as well.

Off the board: Jacksonville (Fla.) Providence offensive tackle Jaylen Miller committed to Duke. Academics were big in Miller's recruitment, and Duke has led for quite a while here despite it being relatively early in the process. Miller had planned on eventually making a trip to South Carolina before making that early pledge.

Another forthcoming junior day visitor for USC is a 2017 prospect named has an impressive highlight reel. Daley will be in Columbia next Saturday and will follow that up with a trip to Vanderbilt on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News