ADVERTISEMENT

Game 3 thread

Can anyone bunt on this team? Wish we would try it with Burgess here he has been really unlucky at the plate!

Gamecock Law strikes again……we ripped that sh!t away from Murphy years ago

Will we stick to trying to stringing something together? Or will we go to HR ball? Meat of the lineup coming up. IDK. Glad we got two innings left

Rule is up for interpretation and i dont think it applied today but i have seen it called on similar line drives

Reactions: fightingcock103
Rule is up for interpretation and i dont think it applied today but i have seen it called on similar line drives

can the umpires at least not review that one? I watch it and it looks like he caught it and was tossing it into his right hand, then I watched it again and it looks like it was just hit real hard and he couldn’t control it. They probably would not overturn it but I would at least like them to look at it.

Either way it just sucks for us. Oh well

can the umpires at least not review that one? I watch it and it looks like he caught it and was tossing it into his right hand, then I watched it again and it looks like it was just hit real hard and he couldn’t control it. They probably would not overturn it but I would at least like them to look at it.

How was it not an infield fly rule? Did not leave the infield, under one out, force at third… Catchable ball??? I guess it wasn’t an easy enough catch?

I dont personally think the pitcher had time to think to drop it.

Baseball 101. Bunt with no outs and 2 on. Cost us the game. Our season is on Milone, Wimmer and Burgess. Wow

How I long for the grit and fortitude of the 2010 and 2011 team. They never let anything get them down and they played pissed off. Damn I miss those days

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
How I long for the grit and fortitude of the 2010 and 2011 team. They never let anything get them down and they played pissed off. Damn I miss those days
Those teams had stone cold killers who would not accept losing. Completely different mindset under Kingston.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
How was it not an infield fly rule? Did not leave the infield, under one out, force at third… Catchable ball??? I guess it wasn’t an easy enough catch?

Infield fly rule only applies to fly balls not line drives.
It is assumed that if it is a line drive then intentionally missing it would result in a base hit to the outfield.
The intentionally dropped line drive rule then applies to infielders

Reactions: jeff2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT