ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread USC/ ARK.

Huge win!!! We have a chance to go a nice streak now.

Streak? Slow down. We are 4-3 in conf. Lol. One at a time

technically he is correct in the school of Crash Davis streak management, however our first three attempts to win the third game and start/ignite a streak have well.......

So lucky to have another shot at it, time to DELIVER, We will review the rules once we actually claim one

Elmo agrees. Huge win.

giphy.gif

The free throw thing is incredible. We either swish effortlessly or they are terrible form brick shots. Very strange
They are truly free "throws" for us. On about 40 % we are just throwing it up there. We need to get more "free shots". Change the name in practice Frank, as we have discussed on here, it's more fun to sky or elevate than jump.

Nice win last night. Hate that I missed it. Reading this thread, it seems like I would have needed to double up on my blood pressure medicine.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
GREAT road win against a solid squad last night (I believe Arkansas NET ranking was around 28? Need A LOT more W’s...

A few observations -

Great road win against a 15-4 team. Crucial game as another loss would have set us way back.

FT shooting is a bad weakness. We made some at the end, but that has to improve. As a team we should shoot between 65% and 70%.

Despite Arkansas' foul trouble we were not able to take advantage.

Teams like to spread us out and then run backdoor cuts or clear out and drive to the hoop. We need to work on that.

Serious height advantage but couldn't do much in the second half.

AJ Lawson is back.

Frank is seriously invested in this team. I saw him high five Hannibal leaving the court at the end.

Trae Hannibal and Cous are very good floor generals and both are getting better. (even though Cous didn't have a good game his presence was felt)

Still don't understand Frank's substitutions. Bolden made 2 great plays and was immediately taken out by Frank. McCreary played like a man possesed and hardly saw the court in the second half.

Hannibal and Cous at the same time are a handful for other teams.

A few observations -

Great road win against a 15-4 team. Crucial game as another loss would have set us way back.

FT shooting is a bad weakness. We made some at the end, but that has to improve. As a team we should shoot between 65% and 70%.

Despite Arkansas' foul trouble we were not able to take advantage.

Teams like to spread us out and then run backdoor cuts or clear out and drive to the hoop. We need to work on that.

Serious height advantage but couldn't do much in the second half.

AJ Lawson is back.

Frank is seriously invested in this team. I saw him high five Hannibal leaving the court at the end.

Trae Hannibal and Cous are very good floor generals and both are getting better. (even though Cous didn't have a good game his presence was felt)

Still don't understand Frank's substitutions. Bolden made 2 great plays and was immediately taken out by Frank. McCreary played like a man possesed and hardly saw the court in the second half.

Hannibal and Cous at the same time are a handful for other teams.

I thought Kotsar played his best game. He was a force offensively and defensively. Frank kept him in there too long in the second half to the point where he was pretty much toast the last six minutes of the game.

They need to teach Leveque how to take a charge.

I thought Kotsar played his best game. He was a force offensively and defensively. Frank kept him in there too long in the second half to the point where he was pretty much toast the last six minutes of the game.

He and McCreary are coming along. They will both be good ones after Kotsar is gone. Frink has some skill, but he is fading into the background.

Need to tell the refs what a charge is.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
They sure as heck don't know what a flop is. You need to give the offensive player the benefit of the doubt.
If the offensive player is not given the benefit of the doubt, then it becomes "the art of drawing the foul" instead of athletic skill. Craftiness and guile can trump athletic plays. The refs them become lawyerly dissemblers of the fast game of basketball. I know refs are needed to ensure fairness and sportsmanship, but flopping should be discouraged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT