ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock a surprise favorite at Kentucky

I actually agree with you. I can see 150 yards and 3 TDs for Snell against our defense. However, I think the score will be something like 30-21 in South Carolina's favor. I feel much better about our OL. It is dramatically better than last year's OL for our game. Our defense is still a step behind last year, but improving. It's going to be a great game to watch for everyone else in the country.
I don't like the odds of beating any team whose principal back runs for 150 yards.

I don't like the odds of beating any team whose principal back runs for 150 yards.
I think he breaks a couple of long runs for a quick 60-100 yards but we contain him for most of the game and get an occasional punt. I expect we will be trading the occasional 6 yard run for them, to us occasionally stuffing them for a 2-3 yard loss, back and forth.

Reactions: 80USC90
I think he breaks a couple of long runs for a quick 60-100 yards but we contain him for most of the game and get an occasional punt. I expect we will be trading the occasional 6 yard run for them, to us occasionally stuffing them for a 2-3 yard loss, back and forth.
If he goes for 150, we lose. Mark it.

If Gamecocks play as capable, more weapons, better team. Fitzpatrick was terrible against Ky, missed receivers wildly. Good luck holding us to 7 pts.

Last edited:
If we establish a sound passing game, we can run with ease; and will beat them by 10-20 points. Without the passing game,our running game may suffer. We just need to be balanced and all will go our way.
10 -20 ?????

261 yards passing 273 yards rushing. How is that not a dual threat?!?

Forget about 2015 and 2016, we didn't have the talent/experience to compete with Kentucky, thanks to Spurrier. We had the lead halfway through the game last year, until Kentucky broke Deebo's leg and turned momentum in their favor. That hurt us short term but helped us long term. This year Shi and OrTre are seasoned WRs behind our starters. We ARE a dual threat, see first sentence. We are deep at WR and RB. OL has been great, only 3 sacks given up. Only snafu has been defense, and they were better last week. Fortunately, they just need to stuff the box and contain the ends. Kentucky will have some success, but our offensive balance will pay us bigger dividends. We will score more.
Our quarterback is a liability? And we know it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT