ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock fans need to talk more crootin

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
How will Coach Frank finish out the 2018 class?

Who will Coach Staley sign during transfer season to keep the Gamecocks atop the SEC

Will Coach Muschamp sign his first top 10 class for 2019

I think we get the UNC Transfer. And someone else. Maybe another Lithuanian.

Isn't it about time for another Lithuanian? Worked pretty well last time. Certainly someone outside of the program know more than I know about our current prospects, which is only what I read in the newspaper.

Isn't it about time for another Lithuanian? Worked pretty well last time. Certainly someone outside of the program know more than I know about our current prospects, which is only what I read in the newspaper.
The Argentinians have been better.

Reactions: lawcalcock
The Argentinians have been better.

If we would cheat like everybody else, we could sign more great Americans

Vanderbilt and LSU signed top10 classes... Now what do you think they offered the top 20 players they will sign

We made his top10.. Think about that.. Signing period begins next week and the kid narrows it down to 10... My best guess is he is looking for his best offer, if you can feel that?;):rolleyes::)
I'm still wondering why didn't we go after Sharone Wright from Florence (who had a great offer list) and how we let Aaron Nesmith from Porter Gaud get away.

I rarely talk about recruiting, I leave it to the coaches.

Why would you get on a recruiting discussion thread to post this tidbit of info? Do you think that’s info we would need or would be interested in? Your post is like someone saying “I don’t talk football, I leave it to the players” on football thread. Not trying to be mean , I just dont get why you would feel the need to post that, do think its wrong for us to discuss recruiting and we should not follow Muschamps, Frank , Dawn , and Kingston’s progress in this area of their job? Recruiting is the life line of college sports, its importance can’t be overstated, therefore knowledgeable fans will be interested, even a casual fan would have some level of interest.

I'm still wondering why didn't we go after Sharone Wright from Florence (who had a great offer list) and how we let Aaron Nesmith from Porter Gaud get away.
Frank should have to answer for the impotence of his instate recruiting efforts... If half the stories about us being last to offer and completely ignoring these high profile kids is true, it's coaching malpractice... How can he not know about great prospects in this state... What bleep is he doing?

Reactions: rogue cock
Frank should have to answer for the impotence of his instate recruiting efforts... If half the stories about us being last to offer and completely ignoring these high profile kids is true, it's coaching malpractice... How can he not know about great prospects in this state... What bleep is he doing?
Agree....these weren't Zion Williamson-level, one-and-done, players. These are players that you can build a team around....and ones that enough schools recognized in order for them to have good offer lists. There are two others with so-so offer lists who are going to Providence and Xavier, respectively. This was a good recruiting class in SC....and we whiffed.

FOOTBALL:
I hope Muschamp dips more into NC recruits. It is a hot bed this upcoming year with like 10 TOP 250 level players. In addition, there aren't any SEC Teams in NC. I do know Muschamp has declared Charlotte a "homebase" city. Its a good start but there are more recruits up in NC.
Unfortunately, there isn't that many TOP 250 level players in SC this 2019 cycle (1 player). Hopefully the SC numbers increase as the year moves on.

Last edited:
REALLY impressed with the players Muschamp is targeting in the next recruiting cycle. We can end up with one of our best recruiting classes in years, if we can at least match last years win totals, IMO.

FOOTBALL:
I hope Muschamp dips more into NC recruits. It is a hot bed this upcoming year with like 12 TOP 250 level players. In addition, there aren't any SEC Teams in NC. I do know Muschamp has declared Charlotte a "homebase" city. Its a good start but there are more recruits up in NC.
Unfortunately, there isn't that many TOP 250 level players in SC this 2019 cycle (2 players). Hopefully the SC numbers increase as the year moves on.
one thing is for sure... Muschamp doesn't miss for lack of effort and doing thorough evaluations... The man and his staff are flat out doing the work... Now if we can just get Coach Frank off his ass

FOOTBALL:
I hope Muschamp dips more into NC recruits. It is a hot bed this upcoming year with like 12 TOP 250 level players. In addition, there aren't any SEC Teams in NC. I do know Muschamp has declared Charlotte a "homebase" city. Its a good start but there are more recruits up in NC.
Unfortunately, there isn't that many TOP 250 level players in SC this 2019 cycle (2 players). Hopefully the SC numbers increase as the year moves on.
....and if you look at our offer list, we are hitting NC VERY hard. Didn't count them, but it seem about half our offers are in NC.

Reactions: DiamondDave22
FOOTBALL:
I hope Muschamp dips more into NC recruits. It is a hot bed this upcoming year with like 10 TOP 250 level players. In addition, there aren't any SEC Teams in NC. I do know Muschamp has declared Charlotte a "homebase" city. Its a good start but there are more recruits up in NC.
Unfortunately, there isn't that many TOP 250 level players in SC this 2019 cycle (1 player). Hopefully the SC numbers increase as the year moves on.
Edited : 10 players in NC and 1 in SC in the TOP 250 level players. Please excuse my mistake.

....and if you look at our offer list, we are hitting NC VERY hard. Didn't count them, but it seem about half our offers are in NC.
Just looked and out of the 10 top 250 level players in NC, The GAMECOCKS have offered 9! So, yes Muschamp is doing a fine job and hitting the trail hard and making offers....

The only one we didn't offer ( as of today) is Osita Ekwonu (OLB) from Charlotte, NC.
Another NC recruit, Zonovan Knight (RB) verbally committed to Duke on 3/3/18 (Why to Duke, I am not sure though?)
Still that leaves 8 of 10 NC players on SC target watch lists that are in the TOP 250.
And of course, the 1 SC TOP 250 Player, Zacch Pickins (SDE) from Anderson SC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT