ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock Women's Golf Team Playing for SEC Championship Tomorrow

It's the Gamecock Golf team that plays with the funny-looking golf clubs, that are large, round, and flat at the end, and has strings running vertically and horizontally across an open loop. :D

And they will play top team UGA. It was a strong 4-1 victory by the #2 Seed Gamecocks over the #3 Seed Commodores. The Gamecocks' only loss in SEC play this season was to UGA, so perhaps it's revenge time!!

The ladies tennis team will play UGA for the SEC title tomorrow.

OK, well I am the donkey head then....I haven't been getting any tweets from the Gamecock Athletics twitter account regarding the women's gold team, so when the women's tennis team - which I had been getting regular tweets for - was shown playing UGA tomorrow for the SEC title, I naturally thought the OP meant them. But apparently we'll have BOTH women's tennis AND golf teams playing for the SEC title tomorrow, and possibly both will face UGA. The tennis team will, for certain......

Turns out we'll have to wait and see who we play tomorrow, as UGA and Ole Miss's semifinal have been suspended due to darkness. Ole Miss is 2-1 on UGA, with two matches still on the course: one is all square through 17, and the other UGA is 2-up through 16....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT