ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks game thread.*

I still hate targeting. Believe you should be ejected for 2nd in a game, and also if you get 5 over a season get suspended a game. But tough to throw a guy out for one lapse in judgment or a bang bang play.

I still hate targeting. Believe you should be ejected for 2nd in a game, and also if you get 5 over a season get suspended a game. But tough to throw a guy out for one lapse in judgment or a bang bang play.
by now, every player should know not to lead wit crown. It will get you ejected every time now a days

Is anyone kinda surprised like me that we didnt really play up tempo? Not sure if its by design because of next week. I think what we saw with 50 seconds to go in the first half was what we really can do

Reactions: GamecockDiehard
by now, every player should know not to lead wit crown. It will get you ejected every time now a days

They all know. But it’s instinct. And many of these hits are plays where offensive players are lowering their helmets or turning their body. There are some very flagrant ones from time to time but most of those aren’t happening.

So I agree with your point. But O-linemen know not to block low on someone already engaged high. That’s a 15 yard penalty because it’s dangerous. But they aren’t getting kicked out of games.

Is anyone kinda surprised like me that we didnt really play up tempo? Not sure if its by design because of next week. I think what we saw with 50 seconds to go in the first half was what we really can do

I think by design. Still faster than last year though. We weren’t all thinking we’d get a delay of game every play. I’m fine not going blazing fast just to run 100 plays a game.

I think by design. Still faster than last year though. We weren’t all thinking we’d get a delay of game every play. I’m fine not going blazing fast just to run 100 plays a game.
Yea, cause that blazing fast pace with a 3 and out will kill your defense

Reactions: Carolina4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT