ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks Picked 13th In Preseason SEC Media Rankings

Will Sam Pittman make it through the year without being fired? If they are where they are picked, I doubt it.

“We’re going to be picked 13th, 14th, 15th or 16th I’m sure at the end of the week, which is fine,” Beamer said.

I mean I get it but man I sure hope that's the last time I hear that uttered out of his mouth.

“We’re going to be picked 13th, 14th, 15th or 16th I’m sure at the end of the week, which is fine,” Beamer said.

I mean I get it but man I sure hope that's the last time I hear that uttered out of his mouth.
Men's basketball was picked to be "last" this past season. So, there's that "expertise".

1. Georgia (165)
  2. Texas (27)
  3. Alabama (12)
  4. Ole Miss (4)
  5. LSU (2)
  6. Missouri
  7. Tennessee
  8. Oklahoma
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Auburn
  11. Kentucky
  12. Florida
  13. South Carolina (1)
  14. Arkansas
  15. Mississippi State
  16. Vanderbilt (2)

Looks about right. The season should stay interesting with a new offense and big opponents week in and out.

Hopefully we can find a few upsets.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Men's basketball was picked to be "last" this past season. So, there's that "expertise".
I'd feel a lot better about that comparison if it was Beamer's second year and no one knew what expect. But it's not really the "experts" opinion I care about. It's having a coach going into his 4th year being "fine" with possibly being picked last. I'd say the same thing about Paris if they picked him 13th to 16th two years from now and he said he was fine with that. Like I said though, I get the attitude, heck I might have said the same thing at this point in time. I just hope it's near it's end. I'd hate to think he says the same thing next year.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I'd feel a lot better about that comparison if it was Beamer's second year and no one knew what expect. But it's not really the "experts" opinion I care about. It's having a coach going into his 4th year being "fine" with possibly being picked last. I'd say the same thing about Paris if they picked him 13th to 16th two years from now and he said he was fine with that. Like I said though, I get the attitude, heck I might have said the same thing at this point in time. I just hope it's near it's end. I'd hate to think he says the same thing next year.
I think Beamer likes the low expectations so that he can point to not underachieving, if things go bad. You know,,,,the lower the bar, the better. I expect no worse than a 7-5 record in Year 4. Most of the players are HIS recruits. He has made changes on his staff. And the Transfer Portal means you are almost playing with a new team. He had a good year in the Portal, just like he did 2 years ago in the Portal, using that to go 8-4. Hell, he won 8 games in Year 2. So, it's not unreasonable to expect 7 wins in Year 4 and a 7-5 record.

Will Sam Pittman make it through the year without being fired? If they are where they are picked, I doubt it.

No. It's why keeping a coach an extra year is a terrible idea. It just wastes a season and makes the rebuild longer.

i.e. why we must move on from Beamer after this year and not wait to fire him halfway through 2025 like we did with Muschamp.

Reactions: sclawman77
I think Beamer likes the low expectations so that he can point to not underachieving, if things go bad. You know,,,,the lower the bar, the better. I expect no worse than a 7-5 record in Year 4. Most of the players are HIS recruits. He has made changes on his staff. And the Transfer Portal means you are almost playing with a new team. He had a good year in the Portal, just like he did 2 years ago in the Portal, using that to go 8-4. Hell, he won 8 games in Year 2. So, it's not unreasonable to expect 7 wins in Year 4 and a 7-5 record.
Fair points but what happens if we miss another bowl this season? I'll let the season play out but it's a legitimate question. I'll take 7-8 win seasons with a double digit win season mixed in on occasion but Beamer hasn't shown that capability yet as a coach. Season 4 now so any failures fall directly on his shoulders.

Reactions: bucketdad
Just asking ... when the Doom & Gloomers were questioning the HIRE, did you not heed their concerns & comments?

Again, just asking ... what has changed to encourage us? A new QB to replace Rattler? I SINCERELY RESPECT YOUR LOYALTY!

Just asking ... when the Doom & Gloomers were questioning the HIRE, did you not heed their concerns & comments?

Again, just asking ... what has changed to encourage us? A new QB to replace Rattler? I SINCERELY RESPECT YOUR LOYALTY!
I'm usually not one to heed doom and gloomers at the onset of a hire unless I know them to have psychic abilities. And I do my very best not to worry about bad things that may never happen. Life is too short. So they could be right or they could be wrong. If they are right, toot that horn I guess. I'll wait and see how the hire does in his first few years.

You lost me at changes that encourage us. So far the excitement I usually feel as the season approaches has eluded me. This I know, last year wasn't encouraging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT