ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks set to officially add John Scott Jr. to the staff tomorrow morning...

No, you won't. You are already prejudging him. You will quietly slink away....as will most of the complainers.
Have you heard what happened with the other cosches we’d been hearing about? Seems like I remember Scott being way down on the list of names being thrown around but I haven’t really kept up with it outside of the 2 names I kept hearing.

As long as he doesn’t drop Pickens into coverage on 3rd down like Deke did with Clowney I’ll be happy.lol

Reactions: rogue cock
Have you heard what happened with the other cosches we’d been hearing about? Seems like I remember Scott being way down on the list of names being thrown around but I haven’t really kept up with it outside of the 2 names I kept hearing.

There were only two that I heard of. Marion Hobby and another that pulled out of consideration while Hobby was deciding. Hobby is in the NFL and has been for quite a few years....hard to pull a guy from the NFL especially with that many years in and their retirement system. Hobby obviously decided to stay in the NFL, though he seemed to give a lot of thought to the position. The third guy was Scott. From reading his bios on the individual team's websites, he seems to have a good reputation. Only defensive staff member to be retained by Morris at Arky from Beliema's staff.

My level is subliminal. Neither you not Muschamp can apprehend my coaching consciousness. I could frustrate you both before you realized what was happening.jumpingsmile

Maybe, but I can comprehend this, can you?

The 43-year old Scott grew up in Greer (SC), and played at Greer High School, so he is no stranger to the Gamecocks or the state of South Carolina. Greer is only 100 miles from Columbia. Much of his strength as a recruiter is also in the region of South Carolina and Georgia. While the Hogs have had some success in Georgia, and while Scott played a role in Arkansas’ standout 2019 defensive line class, he may have more of an impact as a recruiter farther east.

Arkansas had a VERY good defensive line class this year, and Clark played a big part in that class. This is from the Hawgsports board so no Garnet colored glasses here.

Recruiting is Paramount to our success and this is part of the big picture here that maybe you and others are missing.

The 43-year old Scott grew up in Greer (SC), and played at Greer High School, so he is no stranger to the Gamecocks or the state of South Carolina. Greer is only 100 miles from Columbia. Much of his strength as a recruiter is also in the region of South Carolina and Georgia. While the Hogs have had some success in Georgia, and while Scott played a role in Arkansas’ standout 2019 defensive line class, he may have more of an impact as a recruiter farther east.

Arkansas had a VERY good defensive line class this year, and Clark played a big part in that class. This is from the Hawgsports board so no Garnet colored glasses here.

Recruiting is Paramount to our success and this is part of the big picture here that maybe you and others are missing.
Arkansas had a good D line and won exactly 2 games? I have big doubts about this hire. I think Ray must have told Will to save money. He made 375k with the Hogs. Let's hope they don't give him a big raise.

I'm not missing anything until he proves himself right here - recruiting and performance on the field. So far, all he's proven to me is that he has some sturdy luggage.

Reactions: Brace1
Arkansas had a good D line and won exactly 2 games? I have big doubts about this hire. I think Ray must have told Will to save money. He made 375k with the Hogs. Let's hope they don't give him a big raise.
He was only at Ark for 2 years and most of the players he recruited hadnt played yet. His class this year had 4, 4 star linemen

Some of our fans are deluded beyond belief. Very few of them think HBCs know more about football than they do. It's disgraceful. But you can't get thru a welcome thread without all the nasty hogwash! Hope the Scott family is not reading this.
I'm sure Muschamp knows more about football than me. I'm also sure L Ron Hubbard knows more about writing Science Fiction than me, but that doesn't mean he's any good at it.

Some of you must really think Muschamp is an idiot and doesnt know half of what you do. The time Muschamp has put in to coaching the last 2 weeks is more then all of you complainers combined. The man hasnt been on campus yet and its a bad hire? You cant make this shit up, its laughable around here.

Most of us have no clue about the guys resume and potential . Could be a great hire . On the flip side we all know Muschamps resume and potential... right now he’s just a hell of a DC . Until we can beat Kentucky or a mid tier ACC team the jury is still out . Hopefully next year he can prove he’s an SEC caliber coach with the schedule he’s facing . Hope so .

Reactions: king ward
I’m willing to hope for the best. But Arkansas’s main problem this season under Morris was defense, not offense.

But he was not competely responsible for the defense, so perhaps there is some nuance here. Muschamp may know something others don’t.
Part of the same thing I submit was our problem. Hard to run a high octane offense that is not built that way without horses on D.

Reactions: Brace1
Of course I (and I hope most of us) give Muschamp the benefit of the doubt. However, that doesn't mean I have to get EXCITED about every hire he makes.
If Muschamp had a track record full of 10/11/12 win seasons and conference or national championships, I'd say most of us need to be a bit more quiet in criticizing his program and professional choices. But, for a guy who is lifetime .500 in the SEC and .560 overall...fair criticism is reasonable.

Some of you must really think Muschamp is an idiot and doesnt know half of what you do. The time Muschamp has put in to coaching the last 2 weeks is more then all of you complainers combined. The man hasnt been on campus yet and its a bad hire? You cant make this shit up, its laughable around here.

Actually a lot of Muschamps hires have been head scratchers. U can’t make that chit up

So I am reading this guys resume, and I find myself laughing.....but at the posters on this board questioning this guys credentials. He has more football experience and ability than all the former pee wee league all stars on this board. Bwahahaha

Reactions: rogue cock and PC31
So I am reading this guys resume, and I find myself laughing.....but at the posters on this board questioning this guys credentials. He has more football experience and ability than all the former pee wee league all stars on this board. Bwahahaha

I agree mostly. The difference is that we hire from a list of available coaches and the qualifications of posters real doesn’t matter. The discussion is related to his qualifications compared to other coaches.

Reactions: PC31
I agree mostly. The difference is that we hire from a list of available coaches and the qualifications of posters real doesn’t matter. The discussion is related to his qualifications compared to other coaches.

Agree. However, he played in college and the pros, he coached in both. He has the resume. Neither means he will be a great coach here....but its sure not a bad hire up front.

Yeah, damn that Hyman....he should have forseen this and fired Spurrier and hired Dabo....right there in our own backyard. That's what "professional ADs" do, right?

You missed the point....This thread had many people questioning the new coach we hired based on his “resume”… I was pointing out that me and many others thought Dumbo would fall on his face based on his resume when hired. We were wrong. Bottom line is time will tell if this was a good hire. It has nothing to do with a Spurrier versus Dabo conversation. I would hire Spurrier back then any day of the week and even now .

You missed the point....This thread had many people questioning the new coach we hired based on his “resume”… I was pointing out that me and many others thought Dumbo would fall on his face based on his resume when hired. We were wrong. Bottom line is time will tell if this was a good hire. It has nothing to do with a Spurrier versus Dabo conversation. I would hire Spurrier back then any day of the week and even now .
I know....and sorry....I just used your post regarding Dabo to prove another point that has been a huge complaint on here.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I remember thinking when Dabo was hired....”I don’t get it.” Now I do.
Well, that was understandable. What isn't understandable is that here's a man who has been to the playoffs every year they've had it, has won it twice, and we STILL have people slamming his abilities. There's a name for that, but as you know, I'm not into calling people names.

I don't care about Muschamp. I would just like for the University to hire a rock star AD. The bastard child of McGee/Hyman would be just fine with me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT