ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Player’s son banned from Augusta national, embarrassing moment...

Yeah, it's tacky and disrespectful to cause a distraction and bring attention to yourself during a time reserved for honoring someone else.

Sound familiar?

i’m actually thinking this guy may have some apartheid still in his blood. that or he maybe mentally handicapped in some form or fashion. who and why do that when it’s blatantly apparent that a person is being honored in a prestigious ceremony at the most prestigious event while you’re on the bag for your father who is one of the most famed in the history of the sport, who payed the bills for whatever lifestyle you chose who the majority could only dream about. 50 year old child. if he was broke, i bet he would have no friends and constantly wear a black eye.

Both Marc and Wayne have created problems in the past. There was even a lawsuit pitting Gary himself against Marc. Wayne has misbehaved before. I feel for Gary Player. I don't know how he raised them, but they have certainly caused trouble and embarrassment for him even before this. This was a terrible breach of etiquette and showed crass disrespect for the occasion.

Last edited:
That story is really sad - what a couple of idiots. Why would he still have either one of them around at such a big event? They're clearly can't be trusted to act appropriately in any situation.

That story is really sad - what a couple of idiots. Why would he still have either one of them around at such a big event? They're clearly can't be trusted to act appropriately in any situation.

Because they're his sons, he loves them, and parents are frequently blind to the faults of their children. We've all seen it a million times.

Close, but no cigar. I'm thinking of a time when we honor our country, our flag, and show respect for the soldiers that have sacrificed to protect us.

Still not ringing a bell?
You must be talking about that guy who stood up and danced around while pointing and trying to talk to people.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Because they're his sons, he loves them, and parents are frequently blind to the faults of their children. We've all seen it a million times.

I’d suspect more guilt than love. He probably blames himself for their bad behavior, because there’s no way he’s blind to what they’re up to. Unless he’s just a moron, but the little I know of Player he’s never come across that way.

Taking his actions into the context of the story, the brand of the ball would appear to be totally secondary or inconsequential.
That’s what he claimed he was doing was just trying to get the type of ball his dad would be playing out there. Not to speak for the prior poster but I believe the point he was trying to make was this guy did this whole stunt to supposedly promote a golf ball and even people who have watched it don’t have a clue what type of ball it was. So not only was it stupid it didn’t work.

That’s what he claimed he was doing was just trying to get the type of ball his dad would be playing out there. Not to speak for the prior poster but I believe the point he was trying to make was this guy did this whole stunt to supposedly promote a golf ball and even people who have watched it don’t have a clue what type of ball it was. So not only was it stupid it didn’t work.
This is what I was trying to infer.

I’d suspect more guilt than love. He probably blames himself for their bad behavior, because there’s no way he’s blind to what they’re up to. Unless he’s just a moron, but the little I know of Player he’s never come across that way.

I believe you could be on to something there.

Of course someone had to pull the race card. It's 2021. Personally I think he was just not thinking. Simple as that. Elder still had a very special moment in the sun.

I don't know if the race card has actually been played yet or not, but I was assuming it was. I'm sure he'd have done the same goofy stunt no matter the race of the person being honored at that moment.

Did I really just waste few minutes of reading y'all's comments then opening the link to see it was all about a guy holding a pack of golfballs a certain way during a ceremony? Seriously, this is what we are bitching about this week?

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
Golf ball is manufactured by OnCore and marketed as Encore 55, Vero X1 and Elixir.

FWIW, OnCore has released a statement saying they had nothing whatsoever do to with the stunt.

Wayne Player owns shares in OnCore. Curiously, he said his only intent was that it would be cool for fans to know what golf ball his dad would be teeing off with but then said he had zero intent to market the balls. Seems contradictory.

Did I really just waste few minutes of reading y'all's comments then opening the link to see it was all about a guy holding a pack of golfballs a certain way during a ceremony? Seriously, this is what we are bitching about this week?
in the world of sports, gary player’s son was apparently kicked out of the Augusta national tournament going forward. you’d have to see the video i guess. it wasn’t just merely holding a sleeve of golfballs. it was egregious.

It’s a consequence of the times in which we live. I’m certain Wayne had no racist intentions and it was just a cheesy attempt to publicize golf balls made by a company in which he has a financial interest. However, the fact that he’s white and chose do it during a ceremony honoring the first black player at the Master’s meant that accusations of racism would be sure to follow. They simply got ahead of the criticism and banned him.

It was surely an overreaction and done solely to protect themselves, especially in light of the voting law stuff. If it had been during a ceremony to honor a white player, nobody would have even noticed.

Reactions: TAV31
Don't golfers literally wear ads for the balls they hit, the clubs they swing, the shoes and clothes they wear?? Don't they have them plastered on their bags?

Reactions: myrtlecock
Don't golfers literally wear ads for the balls they hit, the clubs they swing, the shoes and clothes they wear?? Don't they have them plastered on their bags?

yes, but a ceremony for a black guy hijacked by a white guy trying to advertise golf balls. In light of the Georgia voting law and everything else going on in the country they just hit the problem with an atom bomb.

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT