ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Player’s son banned from Augusta national, embarrassing moment...

Don't golfers literally wear ads for the balls they hit, the clubs they swing, the shoes and clothes they wear?? Don't they have them plastered on their bags?
Yes. But you will notice that during trophy presentations at the Masters and the Open Championship, the sponsor logo hats come off. They come off even during the official media center interviews at Augusta. I'm just saying that there are protocols for certain situations. Trying to plug a product during a solemn occasion such as the recognition of Lee Elder involves a breach of protocol, or Wayne wouldn't be out on his @$$.

Don't golfers literally wear ads for the balls they hit, the clubs they swing, the shoes and clothes they wear?? Don't they have them plastered on their bags?

Yeah, but that wasn't the point. This was a moment to honor and respect someone. To highjack it for his own purpose was tacky and disrespectful.

tenor.gif

An overreaction? Obviously yes. But they just decided to nuke it and head off any criticism. They probably could’ve suspended his membership for a year, but that would certainly not have satisfied the mob.

If they had not banned him, the story would’ve lingered in the news media. Now it’s done and over with.

Reactions: TAV31
Yes. But you will notice that during trophy presentations at the Masters and the Open Championship, the sponsor logo hats come off. They come off even during the official media center interviews at Augusta. I'm just saying that there are protocols for certain situations. Trying to plug a product during a solemn occasion such as the recognition of Lee Elder involves a breach of protocol, or Wayne wouldn't be out on his @$$.

Yeah, but that wasn't the point. This was a moment to honor and respect someone. To highjack it for his own purpose was tacky and disrespectful.

tenor.gif

Well, that wasn't the point either. MY point was, golfers already have multiple means of advertising their equipment throughout a golf tournament. Seems the need to take advantage of an honorary ceremony to do the same is as you say, very rude, as well as totally unnecessary. And THAT was my point......

yes, but a ceremony for a black guy hijacked by a white guy trying to advertise golf balls. In light of the Georgia voting law and everything else going on in the country they just hit the problem with an atom bomb.
especially when a white south african man does that to a black american man in front of national media. i was only speculating that as a possible cause vs. a mental handicap that would cause him to make the choice to showcase a sleeve of golfballs. i had zero intention on making this a race debate. btw racism is still alive and well in south africa. apartheid was ended not too long ago. both children of mr. player were in there 30’s and lived their entire developmental adolescence in segregation. it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that this particular person may have a personal grudge against people of another race. that being said, the thought alone (which was brilliantly magnified by you) cannot be dismissed by people (you) who are tired of hearing about racism. if you really didn’t care, you wouldn’t have said anything.

Reactions: mcbear30
Well, that wasn't the point either. MY point was, golfers already have multiple means of advertising their equipment throughout a golf tournament. Seems the need to take advantage of an honorary ceremony to do the same is as you say, very rude, as well as totally unnecessary. And THAT was my point......

With that, I completely agree.

Completely blown out of proportion. Ridiculous! Until the media picked it up, NOBODY knew a damn thing about this. More PC from the over sensitive liberals!

Reactions: tjdisbrow
Completely blown out of proportion. Ridiculous! Until the media picked it up, NOBODY knew a damn thing about this. More PC from the over sensitive liberals!

And yet, LOL.......if the media had absolutely NOTHING to do with the ceremony, then Player wouldn't have had any logical reason to pull the stunt to begin with. What total absurdity.........

An overreaction? Obviously yes. But they just decided to nuke it and head off any criticism. They probably could’ve suspended his membership for a year, but that would certainly not have satisfied the mob.
Obviously no, he's damn lucky he wasn't already banned. Augusta will not allow anyone to tarnish their brand. Wayne is a complete piece of feces. His own father had to sue him to collect 5 mil. He wrote a bad check to a rental home in Augusta & then told multiple lies thereafter. He also sold some package deals to Augusta where he promised all kinds of perks like meeting Gary, tickets etc. Turns out it was, shockingly, not even close to what he promised it was. When one poor sucker questioned him about his lies he headbutted the guy. I'm surprised he wasn't banned long ago, people have been banned for far less at Augusta. Hell, I believe, you can lose your ticket privileges just for selling your tickets for a profit. Scamming people out of their money using Masters Tickets ain't never gonna fly for long. Guarantee you, he was already on their radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Sounds like Obama.
Yeah, remember when Obama stood in front of the wall honoring the CIA members killed in action & started complaining about how badly he was treated by the press & griping about the fact that few people were willing to backup his obvious & totally inconsequential lie about the size of his Inauguration crowd. Oh wait, sorry, that was that loser trump. The guy who the people decided that his one term was more than enough. My bad.

Last edited:
I see your point - now.

And yet, LOL.......if the media had absolutely NOTHING to do with the ceremony, then Player wouldn't have had any logical reason to pull the stunt to begin with. What total absurdity.........
Never looked at it as a stunt. Who the hell cares. NOBODY but over sensitive nerds.

Yeah, remember when Obama stood in front of the wall honoring the CIA members killed in action & started complaining about how badly he was treated by the press & griping about the fact that few people were willing to backup his obvious & totally inconsequential lie about the size of his Inauguration crowd. Oh wait, sorry, that was that loser trump. The guy who the people decided that his one term was more than enough. My bad.
You mean the guy who said his make believe son acted like a hood? The fake who was awarded a Nobel for being black? The DA who enmeshed himself in local matters only when a black hood was shot by a non-black, but completely ignored the obscene black on black murder rate in his home city? The green fool who wasted millions of our money on Solyndra, but recently bought a $16MM compound on Martha’s Vineyard? The hypocrite who made a fortune as a politician? His balance sheet was comparable to mine in 2008. Now he’s worth $60MM. Truman said “show me a guy who became wealthy by being a politician, and I’ll show you a crook.” Your guy fits that description to a T.

It's not about oversensitive liberals. The membership of Augusta National want everything perfect and abhor people who clown or cause embarrassment to the club. Jimmy Demaret won 3 Masters championships while wearing garish clothes and clowning around for the press (He once played a round in a PGA event wearing tight swim trunks). Ben Hogan was tight-lipped and boring in comparison. Yet there is a Ben Hogan bridge on the course to commemorate Hogan's two Masters championships and nothing for Demaret. Demaret once quipped that the only monument Augusta National would build in his honor would be a latrine.

Reactions: Lou219
Never looked at it as a stunt. Who the hell cares. NOBODY but over sensitive nerds.

I guess the officials at the Masters are over sensitive nerds. They are the ones that have banned him. And they didn’t do it to appease anyone but their members. They never came out publicly and said they banned him in order to calm the media or anyone else. They handled their business in private and the other idiot brother is who put that out there. They should ban him too before the Masters becomes those two morons’ personal stage.

Reactions: alphazeta
I guess the officials at the Masters are over sensitive nerds. They are the ones that have banned him. And they didn’t do it to appease anyone but their members. They never came out publicly and said they banned him in order to calm the media or anyone else. They handled their business in private and the other idiot brother is who put that out there. They should ban him too before the Masters becomes those two morons’ personal stage.
They handled it similar to as they would a nettlesome member. There's no public annunciation. The member does not receive a bill for his yearly dues. That omission says all that needs to be said. Someone took this guy to the side and told him to scram - and not come back. They won't be answering questions about it.

Gary Player’s kid is a “chip off the old block.” And “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Read up on dad’s history.

One does not want to be on the Augusta National's sh1t list.
And once you're on it - YOU'RE ON IT!!! They don't mess around and hold everyone to high standards.. It's amazing how many people criticize them for being CONSISTENT with their Traditions and Expectations.

Personally, I could care less. But all should know that you don't dare cross the members of Augusta National. They run things like they want and could absolutely care less what others think. Got to love that. Know nothing about the son who tried to pull this stunt off, but never cared for his dad. All of his little "look at me" antics grew old real quick as he was always looking to elevate himself into the Jack and Arnie class of cherished golfers but couldn't hold a candle to either one

Personally, I could care less. But all should know that you don't dare cross the members of Augusta National. They run things like they want and could absolutely care less what others think. Got to love that. Know nothing about the son who tried to pull this stunt off, but never cared for his dad. All of his little "look at me" antics grew old real quick as he was always looking to elevate himself into the Jack and Arnie class of cherished golfers but couldn't hold a candle to either one
Lmfao...

How’s old hair been doing? .........had been thinking about the veterans.
Survival. Our country is going to hell... to a break from this place for several years. Miss the old days of Gamecock Central.. how are you doing?

Gary Player’s kid is a “chip off the old block.” And “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Read up on dad’s history.
The best Gary Player story I've ever heard: Early in his career, Player was struggling with his game while playing an event in Australia. He called Ben Hogan in Texas for advice. Due to the time zone difference, Hogan's phone range at 4 am. Gary asked Ben for advice. Ben asked Gary what brand of clubs he played. Player said, "Dunlop", to which Hogan replied, "Call Mr. Dunlop" and hung up the phone.

With all else going on in the world, this sounds ridiculous to me. Isn't Elder wearing a cap with some type of advertisement, and Nicholas is wearing a cap with a Golden Bear on it (Golf attire)? And look at all the people wearing a cap advertising Augusta National. Wow!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT