ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia 2024 schedule leaked (hint: a bit harder than this year's)

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
GAs89rKW0AAMI7d

Reactions: Ward Jr
It’s not that much harder. They’ll be in the running again. I mean we knew everyone was adding Texas or Oklahoma.

They added Clemson, Alabama and Texas. They won't breeze to undefeated in the regular season like in 2023.
I don’t disagree that it won’t be a cake walk but they’ll cakewalk to 9-10 with 2-3 big games sprinkled in there. The situation really didn’t change much.

We know Clemson is down. With an expanded playoff on the horizon they could lose 2 of those 3 and make the playoff.

I don’t disagree that it won’t be a cake walk but they’ll cakewalk to 9-10 with 2-3 big games sprinkled in there. The situation really didn’t change much.

We know Clemson is down. With an expanded playoff on the horizon they could lose 2 of those 3 and make the playoff.
I expect in a 12 team for the SEC to get 3 spots at least. 3 out of Bama, Georgia, Texas and LSU, maybe all 4. Florida is still down, but will resurge at some point. Maybe Tennessee too. I don't think Missouri can keep up this year's pace.

I expect in a 12 team for the SEC to get 3 spots at least. 3 out of Bama, Georgia, Texas and LSU, maybe all 4. Florida is still down, but will resurge at some point. Maybe Tennessee too. I don't think Missouri can keep up this year's pace.

I think an easy way to think about it is to use the top ten at the end of the year. How many SEC teams are there?

Because you take away a couple spots for auto bids, at the top 10 or so is what the playoffs will be.

I think an easy way to think about it is to use the top ten at the end of the year. How many SEC teams are there?

Because you take away a couple spots for auto bids, at the top 10 or so is what the playoffs will be.
That would give you six this year (counting OU and Texas). But I don't think Missouri will be there most years. Maybe Tennessee or Florida will replace them.

That would give you six this year (counting OU and Texas). But I don't think Missouri will be there most years. Maybe Tennessee or Florida will replace them.

Agreed.

But, mathematically, Texas and ou in the SEC won't have the same number of wins as in the b12. OR, they do and knock one of the other teams lower.

So I would look to having one or two fewer than that as an average.

Agreed.

But, mathematically, Texas and ou in the SEC won't have the same number of wins as in the b12. OR, they do and knock one of the other teams lower.

So I would look to having one or two fewer than that as an average.
Yeah, I was thinking four. Out of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, Southern Cal, and Washington, the new Big Ten may usually get three or four as well.

Reactions: Lurker123
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT