ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia -24.5 over South Carolina

How much was Georgia favored when Muschamp beat them?

Probably about the same. We just need a Jake Fromm to inexplicable throw it to a Israel Mukuamu all day.

It's likely going to be an OL and DL showcase on Saturday for the Dogs. Kirby isn't going to let that happen again.

looks like it will be a long day this coming Saturday in the Athens.
I’m willing to sacrifice this game by continuing to let younger players get playing experience. Heck, that’s how I’m looking at this entire season — let the multitude of youngsters get lots of playing time regardless of the score.

Reactions: WDMULTIMAN
I’m sure their D-Line will take up residence in our backfield.

Which makes me wonder if this game is NOT the game to use the young talent. With the line discrepancy, I don't want to get the young guys hurt.

Live and die by the blitz... you never know how one early turnover could turn the game in our favor. I expect the game to be over at halftime but if we are within 10 points going into the 4th quarter, you just never know.

Reactions: ElectricalCock89
I’m willing to sacrifice this game by continuing to let younger players get playing experience. Heck, that’s how I’m looking at this entire season — let the multitude of youngsters get lots of playing time regardless of the score.
Haven't we been saying this since Muschamps first year? This is Beams 3rd year, the young players excuse is just that...and excuse. The "young team" excuse especially runs dry, in the transfer era. unfrotantely we have fans that buy into this snake oil, year after year...after year.

I think we need to use the pass to try to establish a running game, basically the opposite of conventional wisdom.

100% correct. But we can't just have the same 3 step drop and go thru the progressions mentality. Gotta move the pocket. Let Rattler create a little. Maybe some quick crossing routes. Some screens. There are a few things that can be done with playcalling when you know your Oline is struggling to relieve the pressure. Give the dline and blitzers something to think about other than just running to a spot 3 steps behind the center. Nothing groundbreaking that OCs haven't done a million times before. Execution then becomes the big issue. If you can't execute the quick plays and screens, the defense won't care and still blitz you to death. Those plays will be there. Just have to execute.

I will settle for an injury free game no matter the score. At least that won't cripple us going forward into the season. We have more than our share of injuries already.

I want to see fireworks. We're not going to win just lining up and sticking to any conventional script.

Beamer has shown a willingness to take risks. Here's the perfect game to be a mad scientist and have some fun.

Don't worry about the final score. It's been ugly for the last two years anyway.

Reactions: lakeworld
Put your best foot forward and hope for the best. Georgia has started slow the first two games. This isn’t the same Georgia team on offense. They are just as strong defensively but life without Bennett is going to take some time. If their schedule wasn’t so easy they’d likely drop a game or two. This Georgia team isn’t winning the title. I’ll come back and eat crow if I’m wrong, but I doubt they’ll have the offensive firepower to keep up with some of the best teams.

Rattler has improved tremendously since our last meeting. Do we win….probably not. But I also think our line plays better and if we’re able to get a few guys healthy that were not for UNC we have a fighting chance to make it a game and let those +24.5 bettors very happy.

I think one analyst said it best the only way to beat a weak o-line and an opposing strong d-line is a quick release. 1 step 2 step throw everytime. It's the only way anything else is sack city. So we make need to star DK for best chance 1, throw or run for your life.

We did just get whipped and down the field by UNC. I don’t expect the UGA game to be pretty.I expected more by year 3 of Beamer to not feel like are about to get blown out by anyone. Feels like we are stuck in the mud.

I want to see "play to win" and not "play to not lose" mentality. Call shots down the field, fake punts, trick plays, etc. Even if they don't work, it shows we are trying to win.

I don’t expect the UGA game to be pretty.I expected more by year 3 of Beamer to not feel like are about to get blown out by anyone. Feels like we are stuck in the mud.

Seriously, just asking and not trying to pull on your tail but, what was it, why would you expect more?

I am not a beamer supporter and did not come here to attack him but, why did he give you hope?

I want to see "play to win" and not "play to not lose" mentality. Call shots down the field, fake punts, trick plays, etc. Even if they don't work, it shows we are trying to win.
Agree, win or lose, show’m what your made of the whole game. Go Cocks!

But how many years can we always have a young team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT