ADVERTISEMENT

Give Dawn a raise, she is earning every penny and more. Laeticia commits to USC.

It matters to me. And Frank just signed a big man who seems to have a lot of promise. Freshmen Bryant and Lawson have played very well overall. Get off of Final Four Frank`s back! If he can get the talent he will get the job done. Not his fault the AAU coaches around S.C. steer these kids to places that they get some kind of benefit from, whatever it is. There is a smell out there in recruiting and it ain`t us. Frank is looking for good players wherever he can find them.

Well she is certainly more talented offensively than I thought. She has a nice versatile game to go along with her leaping ability & can shoot the 3. Great get for Dawn

It matters to me. And Frank just signed a big man who seems to have a lot of promise. Freshmen Bryant and Lawson have played very well overall. Get off of Final Four Frank`s back! If he can get the talent he will get the job done. Not his fault the AAU coaches around S.C. steer these kids to places that they get some kind of benefit from, whatever it is. There is a smell out there in recruiting and it ain`t us. Frank is looking for good players wherever he can find them.
I like Frank and think he is a neat as heck person. I just hate to see us get creamed every year in the recruiting process. Maybe one year, two 4* players, is that too much to ask for? After all, look at all the schools that out recruit South Carolina. Must be 60 of them.

What is going on?

I hope Geno slips up and makes a "2 or 3 more years" comment, but things are going great anyway. I know he's not that old, but it seems like he has been coaching for 50 years.

And somehow the jackasses are able to bring Frank into a conversation about a great women's recruiting class. Way to go Debbie Downers
How can fans avoid comparing and contrasting Frank's and Dawn's recruiting? All sports consist of endless comparisons: one athlete vs. another, team vs. team, coach vs. coach. Hopefully, but not always, this is done under the framework of sportsmanship.

You are asking a lot!

How can fans avoid comparing and contrasting Frank's and Dawn's recruiting? All sports consist of endless comparisons: one athlete vs. another, team vs. team, coach vs. coach. Hopefully, but not always, this is done under the framework of sportsmanship.

You are asking a lot!

You must be new around here. ;)

A raise? She is paid handsomely. This isn't football and men's basketball that are the cash cows. It's a business, and women's basketball just does not generate the TV income. They are on often because the league spreads it across SEC Network as filler. But so is volleyball. So is gymnastics.

A raise? She is paid handsomely. This isn't football and men's basketball that are the cash cows. It's a business, and women's basketball just does not generate the TV income. They are on often because the league spreads it across SEC Network as filler. But so is volleyball. So is gymnastics.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Commissioner Sankey gave up Sunday at the Masters to attend our championship parade. He understands how important Dawn Staley is to the SEC, much less USC.

She is the coach of the national team. She's the premier black female coach in America. Women sports are important to the SEC and USC. That really makes it hard to label the SEC & USC as a bunch of backward hayseeds. And judging by some of the comments in this thread, we need the good PR.

At least with CDS we know where the money is going. The "cash cows" are a black hole of suck.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Commissioner Sankey gave up Sunday at the Masters to attend our championship parade. He understands how important Dawn Staley is to the SEC, much less USC.

She is the coach of the national team. She's the premier black female coach in America. Women sports are important to the SEC and USC. That really makes it hard to label the SEC & USC as a bunch of backward hayseeds. And judging by some of the comments in this thread, we need the good PR.

She is the 2nd highest paid coach in w. basketball ( I believe this is still true). W. basketball does not bring in much net profit, in fact I think only like 10% of the actually turn a profit. I read an article from a year ago that Uconn's only turned a profit of 1.6 million the season before. While the big sec contract for all sports helps prop up sports like softball, etc the ratings for these sports are terrible, they are just lumped in with Football.

All this to say, I think she is paid fairly. I also believe we should beat any price that any other college is willing to pay her. There just isn't much money to be made in WBB.

*Forgot to say: This recruiting class is sick! Championship in the next 2-3 years.

She is the 2nd highest paid coach in w. basketball ( I believe this is still true). W. basketball does not bring in much net profit, in fact I think only like 10% of the actually turn a profit. I read an article from a year ago that Uconn's only turned a profit of 1.6 million the season before. While the big sec contract for all sports helps prop up sports like softball, etc the ratings for these sports are terrible, they are just lumped in with Football.

All this to say, I think she is paid fairly. I also believe we should beat any price that any other college is willing to pay her. There just isn't much money to be made in WBB.

*Forgot to say: This recruiting class is sick! Championship in the next 2-3 years.
She makes well over a mil plus incentives. That is pretty good in my book.

Pay her what she is worth to USC. Make it a figure that is in line with what she has done and is doing for this program. Pay her now and do not have to try to retain her at some point. That is called appreciation, instead of desperation.

Amen brother! If we don't pay her what she is worth and she goes on the market, we could easily lose in a bidding war.

Well the one big thing to me that we can say we are good at SOME sport even if it's WBB. That is worth money to me and I think to USC as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT