ADVERTISEMENT

Glass half full tboughts on a Sunday: We've lost to #1, #11, and a UT team is offense has absolutley caught fire

gamecokpride

Jul 12, 2007
Yes, I watched the Tennessee game.
Yes , I saw the personnel issues (mostly secondary players who under normal circumstances would not be on the field for an SEC game).
But I saw some fight in the second half.
But we're gonna be 4-3 after next week.
We really need one unexpected win in those last 5 to give me the feel-goods heading into the off season.

First I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said except for the guarantee of a win. South Carolina has made my lifetime a history of lost sure things. This team sure reminds a lot of the pre-Holtz and first season under Holtz teams. Moral victories are all there is and thank God there is still Vandy.

First I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said except for the guarantee of a win. South Carolina has made my lifetime a history of lost sure things. This team sure reminds a lot of the pre-Holtz and first season under Holtz teams. Moral victories are all there is and thank God there is still Vandy.
Exactly. We lost a few Vandy games with Spurrier at the helm and he’s the best coach we have ever had. We have no where near the talent we had then either. Luckily Vandy is in the running for the worst power 5 team in the country….but so are we. Something has to give!

We're trying to build something here. Lets' don't forget that. So many people are angry because we're not winning now and Tennessee is doing this and that and its Tanner's fault or the BOT or the fans who don't "demand" a winner and are part of the problem at SC. It took Spurrier a couple of years to get rolling here. I agree with the OP, there are some positives to build upon with this team. Those "dumb play calls", even though they failed, also represent some imagination. Something that some folks harped on that we lacked the past couple of years. For now, I'm going to have the belief that Beamer is learning important lessons, while at the same time, trying to be innovative and imaginative. It just might take more than 15 minutes for this program to advance.

Reactions: TAV31
Exactly. We lost a few Vandy games with Spurrier at the helm and he’s the best coach we have ever had.
2007, 6-1, ranked #6, lost to Vandy at home. Possibly the most disappointed I had ever been as a Carolina fan (aside from Navy, more impactful loss but I was a kid then). Went on to lose the next 4, and no bowl invite. Lost @ Vandy the following season too I believe.

2007, 6-1, ranked #6, lost to Vandy at home. Possibly the most disappointed I had ever been as a Carolina fan (aside from Navy, more impactful loss but I was a kid then). Went on to lose the next 4, and no bowl invite. Lost @ Vandy the following season too I believe.
Nailed it. I remember both. Too well.

It was my fault for sitting in our seats & not standing on the ramp

• Haha
Reactions: gpcocks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT