ADVERTISEMENT

Go lady Gamecocks...

You saying these girls aren't ladies? Yes there should be a difference between men's and women's teams.
Here's an idea, we could call the men's team the Men Gamecocks - how does that sound? Weird, huh. Well honestly, to many folks adding Lady to the women's team sounds weird and perhaps even a little "second class" . Now you might not agree, or most likely haven't even thought of it this way, and that's totally fine. I guess it's just one of those things that crops up as women's teams become more prominent and part of the mainstream conversation - just my perspective.

Several girls on my teams refuse to refer to themselves as the "Lady Jackets." They figure since they win way more than than the boys, that makes them the real Representatives of the school. They refer to the boys as the "Junior Jackets."

I remember when our WBB team was called the "Carolina Chicks".

That would be considered sexist today

Lord, I do hate the PC world we live in. Pretty soon we will have some guys that aren't good enough to play men's ball that will claim trans and be in the women's game. It's already happening in high schools. There is a difference. But in this day and age we have the tail wagging the dog as far as "equality". I have zero problem with "Lady Gamecocks". That's what they are.

Lord, I do hate the PC world we live in. Pretty soon we will have some guys that aren't good enough to play men's ball that will claim trans and be in the women's game. It's already happening in high schools. There is a difference. But in this day and age we have the tail wagging the dog as far as "equality". I have zero problem with "Lady Gamecocks". That's what they are.
Great, then quid pro quo, we'll call the men's team the Men Gamecocks.

gamecocks are male,gamehens are female.Thats just how the chicken,are fowl species works. Really doesnt matter to me,just saying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT