ADVERTISEMENT

Go super conservative satterfield!!!!! Yea that….

Spurrier used to do the same thing here; not at Florida, but here. Used to drive me up a wall.
I think about the Georgia game, top ten showdown that we jumped them 21-0. In the second half, we threw two passes. Spurrier knew when to lean on the run. And tonight, for once, the run was working.

Reactions: vacock#
I’m usually not a fan of it, but it worked tonight. D was playing so well anyway. I am generally a proponent though of just continuing to run your offense.

Reactions: Cockish
The big knock on Brown up to this point has been ball protection. Given the score, amount of time remaining, & the solid defensive play, I do not blame them one bit for going “conservative” at that point. If we were jockeying for a position in the playoffs...and point difference mattered...I might feel differently.

He was saying that going conservative can hurt the flow for the players and cause momentum to shift. He indicated that he would prefer to simply play a game full speed the entire time. Take a little more time to run plays but not change play calling.
Thank you. I agree with Tommy!

The defense was playing well (good plan by the way against Emory Jones) and our running game was unstoppable. I agree with the strategy in the second half.

The last thing we needed was to get reckless and give UF an avenue to get back in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT