ADVERTISEMENT

Goodness, Texas is a complete mess. Some perspective for us.

So far Texas through their arrogance has been a cancer to their last 2 conferences. I for one would not be surprised in a number of years they begin to want changes again for their own benefit and begin to make other members of the SEC uncomfortable. How that will turn out is anyone's guess.
And that only adds to my opposition to bringing them into the SEC.

Im saying they’ve won 5 games - fair and square. More than two years ago and last year as well. To try and discount the Florida game and state that it really doesn’t count for anything is what you’d expect from a clem fan.

Glad we’re both in the same boat that this team isn’t good.

You can stop with the “I’m a better fan” troll.

Glad we’re both in the same boat that this team isn’t good.

You can stop with the “I’m a better fan” troll.

its a team that is outperforming expectations. Yet you have to go through mental gymnastics to tear the team down:

“3.5 wins is basically 4 wins we were guaranteed (and we looked horrible while getting those 4 wins. Then we got lucky with a 5th win that Florida is an absolute dumpster fire.

Our win total would have been 4.5 or 5 if Vegas had known how terrible Florida turned out to be this year.”

Also, your last line is simply untrue - as evidenced by Florida being an 8.5 point favorite over Mizzou this weekend.

I'm disappointed in the SEC expanding to 16 members. I was disappointed to see the SEC expand to 14.

I still think that 8 is the ideal number of members for an athletic conference. You get to play every other conference member every year in football, a double round-robin with everyone in basketball, and at least one series with each member in baseball.

It also leaves room on your schedule for a good mix of OOC contests with nearby quality foes, "creampuffs" and intersectional institutions as well. I find this more appealing than a football conference championship game. Of course, I'm also a proponent of FBS doing what every other professional/collegiate/high school division does: have a true, full playoff system.
I applaud the SEC for distinguishing itself in this manner. Visionary, I say.

It remains to be seen how Texas will handle not being the big dog in the conference. Not even in their own division. They will be sorely disappointed if they think they're gonna come in the SEC and throw their weight around.
SEC will probably put them in the East.

These kids now will quit on you in a skinny minute. More powerful than the coaches. If they don’t like one little thing they’ll just coast through. Transfer portal is just a piece of paper away.
Texas may be dealing with a little of that late in the season.

These kids now will quit on you in a skinny minute. More powerful than the coaches. If they don’t like one little thing they’ll just coast through. Transfer portal is just a piece of paper away.
Texas may be dealing with a little of that late in the season.
❗👍👍❗

Reactions: Judson1
Reality is settling in on Texas. I imagine they will hunker down until they start SEC play then figure out where they fit in coaching wise.

Maybe that Lance Leipold guy at Kansas can coach? Interesting to see if he actually turns it around there.

What is his resume?

Won six Division III national championships at Wisconsin-Whitewater, led Buffalo to its highest ranking ever in the AP Top 25 and won 100 games faster than any coach ever? Not shabby.

You Beamer haters better chill out because he isn't going anywhere and no matter what metric you used, the team is better than the one that won a paltry 6 games over two years and having teams score 48 or 50 per game against us.

He's going to be here at least three more years. He will fix the offense at the end of this year which will compliment the defense. Let's see what he does on the recruiting trail and with the transfer portal. We could make a solid jump next year.

You Beamer haters better chill out because he isn't going anywhere and no matter what metric you used, the team is better than the one that won a paltry 6 games over two years and having teams score 48 or 50 per game against us.

He's going to be here at least three more years. He will fix the offense at the end of this year which will compliment the defense. Let's see what he does on the recruiting trail and with the transfer portal. We could make a solid jump next year.
It just honestly amazes me people think there is an improvement in defense. We're giving up 2 fewer points per game than we did in 2019. We've just been blessed with an extremely weak schedule.

Reactions: Pauliecock
It just honestly amazes me people think there is an improvement in defense. We're giving up 2 fewer points per game than we did in 2019. We've just been blessed with an extremely weak schedule.

Considering the defections and player losses (JC Horn, et al), we may be better on defense. Hard to tell.

Reactions: Dizzy01

Outside of the UF game, though, the D has essentially zero help from the offense. Heck, the D gave us 3 short fields against UK and the offense turned it into 0 points. Our D certainly has not been fantastic, but it's been good enough. If our offense was as good as our defense, we'd be sitting on 7 wins right now.

We also suffered huge losses in personnel which resulted in glaring deficiencies at linebacker and the secondary. I'm amazed they've done as well as they've done, with what they've had to work with.

We also suffered huge losses in personnel which resulted in glaring deficiencies at linebacker and the secondary. I'm amazed they've done as well as they've done, with what they've had to work with.
We did return a good DL, though, and are better coached on that side this year. Those things are worth something. However, it would be hard for any defense to carry our offense for as long as our defense has had to carry ours.

Reactions: rogue cock
We did return a good DL, though, and are better coached on that side this year. Those things are worth something. However, it would be hard for any defense to carry our offense for as long as our defense has had to carry ours.

Our offense when the defense tries to set them up to score:

200.gif

Texas is not even in the conference yet and supplying SEC Short so much awesome material.

Outside of the UF game, though, the D has essentially zero help from the offense. Heck, the D gave us 3 short fields against UK and the offense turned it into 0 points. Our D certainly has not been fantastic, but it's been good enough. If our offense was as good as our defense, we'd be sitting on 7 wins right now.
Our 2019 offense was 105 in the country. That 2019 defense wasn’t getting any help either.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd just say it.
I’ve already made my point. And it was right which is why we are in this position where you’re trying to argue nonsense to deflect from your lack of football knowledge.

I’ve already made my point. And it was right which is why we are in this position where you’re trying to argue nonsense to deflect from your lack of football knowledge.

Well, you do have a point, you're right about that

sad-young-boy-pouting-and-wearing-dunce-cap-picture-id172152873

Definitely distinguishing. Like finding the legislation which permits a conference championship game for football.
Trailblazing. Going back to your original statement about conference size. The perfect size would be that which allows every team to play each other, which would depend on the prevailing number of conference games that is desired. If it were eight, the perfect size would be nine. If it were nine, which is where we're headed, the perfect size would be 10. You could do that and still, as the Big 12 does, conduct a championship game on a points system. I like that better than divisions anyway. Of course, you have to take the bitter (for some) with the sweet. At 10, we aren't in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Trailblazing. Going back to your original statement about conference size. The perfect size would be that which allows every team to play each other, which would depend on the prevailing number of conference games that is desired. If it were eight, the perfect size would be nine. If that were nine, which is where we're headed, the perfect size would be 10. You could do that and still, as the Big 12 does, conduct a championship game on a points system. I like that better than divisions anyway. Of course, you have to take the bitter (for some) with the sweet. At 10, we aren't in the SEC.
Absolutely. Always a tradeoff. And one such tradeoff might be an uneven number of home/road conference games.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT