ADVERTISEMENT

Govs presser Wednesday does he have authority?

Rhizzlebop

Sep 30, 2009
ive been really mad since yesterday’s idiotic presser. McMoron kept saying all parents can choose but the teachers won’t have a choice. My small boys won’t have a choice of my wife bringing it home to us.

Question: does he even have authority over whether schools offer in person or not? I’d think spearman makes a healthy salary to make that call and she was elected just like he was. She seems to be saying the right things....aka only in person if it is really safe for students and staff.

Also I know our pres does not have authority to pull school funding.

Thoughts?

Reactions: heavycock
I’m with the poster above. I don’t get a choice with my job to not go to work. Unless you call quitting a real choice. Teachers should be the same. What makes them different. They get paid to do a job and should do it or find another job. That’s what most people have to do in that situation. Why should they be different?

ive been really mad since yesterday’s idiotic presser. McMoron kept saying all parents can choose but the teachers won’t have a choice. My small boys won’t have a choice of my wife bringing it home to us.

Question: does he even have authority over whether schools offer in person or not? I’d think spearman makes a healthy salary to make that call and she was elected just like he was. She seems to be saying the right things....aka only in person if it is really safe for students and staff.

Thoughts?

Try to relax because the governor doesn’t have an ounce of authority here and he knows it.

The person with the real authority here are the districts and Molly Spearman, neither of which showed up. Molly almost ran herself into the ground by not supporting the teacher march. Seems like she’s trying to build back some goodwill in the education community.

Thoughts?

Children are not the spreaders...

I’m with the poster above. I don’t get a choice with my job to not go to work. Unless you call quitting a real choice. Teachers should be the same. What makes them different. They get paid to do a job and should do it or find another job. That’s what most people have to do in that situation. Why should they be different?

You chose your job too....I see tv anchors, accountants and others working from home. Should we fire all of them too? Working from home is not the same as unemployed. If you’d like the option to work from home you can find a career that may offer that.

You do realize teachers were working this entire time. Some more than others but they were working.

You chose your job too....I see tv anchors, accountants and others working from home. Should we fire all of them too? Working from home is not the same as unemployed. If you’d like the option to work from home you can find a career that may offer that.

You do realize teachers were working this entire time. Some more than others but they were working.
If their boss requires them to come in you dang right they will be fired. If the states says school will be in then, yes teachers don’t have a choice. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: cocks rule
All workers have a choice. It’s a right to work state and that right goes both ways....and it’s “their” not “there”
Ok grammar police. Did that make you feel better to correct me? Make you feel bigger? As I said if you count quitting as a choice. The point was if the state says school starts in the fall in the classroom, teachers should have 2 choices and only 2 choices, go to work or quit.

If they all quit together it’s going to cost you a couple more tax dollars to get them back...and you’ll still be babysitting in the meantime.
Not all of them will quit, and if they are “working from home” then I have to baby sit anyway.

Not all of them will quit, and if they are “working from home” then I have to baby sit anyway.

Don’t need all to quit for you to have that problem, especially with social distancing guidelines it could happen with about 1/4 of them threatening. Look at the teacher strikes across this country. I really can’t think of an unsuccessful one now that you mention it.

Ok grammar police. Did that make you feel better to correct me? Make you feel bigger? As I said if you count quitting as a choice. The point was if the state says school starts in the fall in the classroom, teachers should have 2 choices and only 2 choices, go to work or quit.

All workers have this choice. But it’s like college football. The decision will be made and you may like it and you may not.

I do get a choice. My employer has repeatedly said if I don’t feel comfortable with something, we can avoid it for now. In fact, they ordered us to stay home on April 16th and I’m still working from home.

Yea many jobs are working remotely. Even if your job isn’t you can likely keep distance from most people.

Trying to keep distance from and between a classroom full of kids is impossible.

Also. Kids may not currently be the spreaders because schools are closed. Wait tilll they are open and watch the spread fly.

Glad spearman has the final call. I figured if this moron can’t enforce a statewide mask rule then he sure as heck can’t force an in school start.

I do get a choice. My employer has repeatedly said if I don’t feel comfortable with something, we can avoid it for now. In fact, they ordered us to stay home on April 16th and I’m still working from home.

You're free to do what you want.... Just don't tell me what to do...

I just can't believe how many people are scared of this virus....

It's a virus.. Just keep your distance and wash your hands...

I think you should have to sit in a classroom all day just like you expect the teachers to. Maybe your health won't be affected.

It’s their job.

Somehow or another, throughout this country all through the pandemic people have gone to work. They didn’t have an option of staying home. A cashier at Publix deals with more people in an 8 hour shift than teachers will deal with in classrooms.

There were huge issues the last couple months of school getting kids to do online assignments. You can guarantee that a lot of kids were socially promoted and given a passing grade, just because it wouldn’t be fair to fail them.

If you don’t reopen school and have online classes you’re dooming a big chunk of kids to failure, particularly underprivileged kids.

Yea many jobs are working remotely. Even if your job isn’t you can likely keep distance from most people.

Trying to keep distance from and between a classroom full of kids is impossible.

Also. Kids may not currently be the spreaders because schools are closed. Wait tilll they are open and watch the spread fly.

Glad spearman has the final call. I figured if this moron can’t enforce a statewide mask rule then he sure as heck can’t force an in school start.

Like I said the children are not the spreaders...

Children who get the vaccine for the measles and chicken pox before going to school end up building immunity with amino acids in their nuclear structure as COVID.

These vaccines last between 15-20 years and kids going into college have to get the booster and they last for several years.. This is why 95% are not getting COVID 19...

Some adults probably had COVID and not have the antibodies for it. Also, all the tests don't have a high degree of accuracy.

You can be positive for months after getting COVID because the test picks up tRNA even dead tRNA.

Also, I'm willing to bet, if you didn't get the vaccine for Chicken pox, but end up catching chicken pox as a child, maybe more likely get COVID or parents who don't vaccinate their child because of the mercury in some vaccines, may get COVID 19...

Try to relax because the governor doesn’t have an ounce of authority here and he knows it.

The person with the real authority here are the districts and Molly Spearman, neither of which showed up. Molly almost ran herself into the ground by not supporting the teacher march. Seems like she’s trying to build back some goodwill in the education community.

A lot of these governors are going beyond their power under an emergency declaration.

Reactions: Tmac069
On top of that, OSHA states if you have a verifiable concern about safety, you can always refuse to do a task. Firing someone for that is a quick way to get sued into oblivion on top of hefty OSHA fines.

Heres an idea. How about teachers, principals and superintendents use this time and the funds available to get the schools as ready as possible. Then when we see what the enrollment numbers for in person classes are, let the individual schools decide if any changes need to be made on how to proceed.

These discussions are going on all around the country and it's interesting how many school districts are having these meetings online because of the risk of getting a bunch of people together in the same room. Ironic, isn't it? I'm also hearing more and more stories of teachers who are quitting or retiring rather than have to go into classes full of children for several hours five days a week. Maybe the days of free babysitting are coming to an end and people are going to be responsible for raising their own children.

A LOT of companies are realizing the benefit of letting their employees work from home and are planning to continue this even after the pandemic is over. That will certainly take the pressure off of having children stay at home as opposed to school or daycare. Teachers will still be able to teach remotely for as long as necessary but parents will have a lot more responsibility 24/7. I think we're going to come out of this mess looking at a very different world.

These discussions are going on all around the country and it's interesting how many school districts are having these meetings online because of the risk of getting a bunch of people together in the same room. Ironic, isn't it? I'm also hearing more and more stories of teachers who are quitting or retiring rather than have to go into classes full of children for several hours five days a week. Maybe the days of free babysitting are coming to an end and people are going to be responsible for raising their own children.

A LOT of companies are realizing the benefit of letting their employees work from home and are planning to continue this even after the pandemic is over. That will certainly take the pressure off of having children stay at home as opposed to school or daycare. Teachers will still be able to teach remotely for as long as necessary but parents will have a lot more responsibility 24/7. I think we're going to come out of this mess looking at a very different world.

Home school has worked for years..... I think you'll see more and more home schooled kids and it's really nothing to do with COVID 19, but COVID 19 did open a lot of eyes of what our kids are being taught...

Look no further to the mob in the streets trying to change our history...

Completely different situations. If you can Do a job from home, fine. If your job requires you to be in person, then your options are quit/be fired, or go to work. That is what teachers are faced with. Perhaps not an easy choice for some, BUT THEY HAVE A CHOICE. I for one was dying to get back to work

Last edited:
You're free to do what you want.... Just don't tell me what to do...

I just can't believe how many people are scared of this virus....

It's a virus.. Just keep your distance and wash your hands...
I think you need to go back to heckling, because thinking is not your forte.

If their boss requires them to come in you dang right they will be fired. If the states says school will be in then, yes teachers don’t have a choice. Period.

Actually, you can sue your employer for an unsafe working environment. So teachers will have a choice if someone decides they must work in an unsafe environment.

What exactly do you do for a living? I think you are butt sore you didn’t become a teacher. You seem very jealous of all the teachers on here.

It’s their job.

Somehow or another, throughout this country all through the pandemic people have gone to work. They didn’t have an option of staying home. A cashier at Publix deals with more people in an 8 hour shift than teachers will deal with in classrooms.

There were huge issues the last couple months of school getting kids to do online assignments. You can guarantee that a lot of kids were socially promoted and given a passing grade, just because it wouldn’t be fair to fail them.

If you don’t reopen school and have online classes you’re dooming a big chunk of kids to failure, particularly underprivileged kids.
A publix cashier is behind a shield and does not have customers getting in their face in a small room. A cashier does not have to touch any of those customers and the store is better ventilated than a classroom. Apples and oranges.

What exactly do you do for a living? I think you are butt sore you didn’t become a teacher. You seem very jealous of all the teachers on here.
Ummm no, I may have aspired to do a lot of things but teaching was never a thought on my brain. All I’m saying is most Americans when their boss says come to work they have 2 choices, go to work or lose their job. Teachers shouldn’t be any different. If going to school is what this state decided to do teachers should be required to show up or forfeit their job. It’s that simple. What I do for a living is not important in this instance. I can tell you it I told my boss tomorrow I’m not coming in because of covid scare, I would be fired.

Actually, you can sue your employer for an unsafe working environment. So teachers will have a choice if someone decides they must work in an unsafe environment.
Play that card and let me know how it works out. That is an up hill legal battle.

Play that card and let me know how it works out. That is an up hill legal battle.

As a lawyer, I feel it would work just fine. I would take any case of a teacher that would be fired if they had to put their life on the line to work. In fact, I’d take anyone’s case where that was the fact pattern. The case wouldn’t even need to be filed.

Thoughts?
Do any of you rednecks have any idea about the Gvt in this state! The gov has no power, he is a figure head.....the power lay with the folks who occupy the state house.

Thoughts?
No teacher is forced to go to work and can find another job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT