ADVERTISEMENT

Great win by MBB today ......

Gbocock

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2002
Hickory NC
whatever we did in the way of adjustments really worked in the 2nd half.
TAMU scored 35 in 1st half but only 20 in the 2nd half with 3 mins to go.
Part of it was likely TAMU coming back to earth with their 3 point shooting.
we made 16 x 3's (tied school record) but better yet shot better than 50% from
outside the arc. Silva, who did not get into foul trouble, owned the paint.
He and Lawson were money. Gravett had a good game and Campbell shot it
well from 3 yet again. am not sure what adjustments Frank made at halftime
but ..... they were "GOLD".

There can be no doubt Frank is one of the very best HC's in the NCAA's. As he continues
to add & upgrade the talent level. The NCAA's are unlikely (but not impossible) this
year. I can smell it happening next year. Our backcourt will be stellar. We need better play
from the 4 & 5. Kotsar lacks confidence but has talent. Hasse has some skills but is limited athletically. Losing Silva will hurt. Hoping Leveque can come in and give us shot blocking, rebounding and some low post scoring. I think this is a team that will play Frank's "human wave" defense. when we are playing our best and guys are helping as they should, the offense has to feel like we are sending wave after wave of defenders at them. I do not feel we are going to have problems scoring.

Lawson & Bryant are scorers. Minaya will be back and he can score. Couisnard and Moss are both scorers. Blanton is said to be a drop dead shooter. The Fr. Anderson is as well. Hasse can drain the 3. getting these guys open in Frank's passing offense should not be a problem. where we need improvement is at the 5. It's hard to ask as much as we need from Leveque with him being a true Fr. I am hoping something will free up schollies so we can add McCreart and Brown. Both are very athletic. Brown is a 3 who can play the 2. McCreary is a 4 who can play the 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.