ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest single Gamecock play this decade?

Beating the gators for the first time
The fade...... (magic)
Beating #1 Bama, Marcus scoring and Saban cryin....
Winning the CWS (twice)
Final 4 run
Women's National Title
Lots of great memories

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Great list to choose from but mine would be between (a) Alshon's one handed catch vs Alabama, (b) DJ's hit and flex up in Clemson, or (c) A'ja lifting the national championship trophy as confetti fell. All embody to me the attitude of achievement we had at that time: defying the odds, swagger, and finally reaching the top of the mountain. Hopefully we can get our glory days back.

By sport: (some are plays, some are moments/series of plays
1. Football: The Hit. It was an ESPN Top 10 mainstay for a year.
2. Men's Basketball: Up 2, Sin gets the steal, then the assist to Kotsar on the foul-line jumper. We beat Florida and head to the Final Four.
3. Baseball: Wingo's run saving plays. So big, so clutch...
4. Women's Basketball: A'ja takes over late after a Miss. St. run puts the game in doubt.

Man these videos are making me reminisce but also making me mad. We were so damn close in football, basketball and baseball this decade where we could and should have become one of the most dominant schools in athletics going forward.
We blew it in all three, Gamecock fans will look back in 50 years and reminisce about 2010-2013 we were good in Football and Baseball. Will never happen in our lifetimes again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT