ADVERTISEMENT

Hannibal?

booref

Nov 19, 2006
I don’t get it, he gives us exactly what we’re missing. Penetration, quickness & determination nation and he plays 2 minutes??? FM is losing his players & the fan base with his antics. Let the guys occasionally play thru there mistakes!

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
I don’t get it, he gives us exactly what we’re missing. Penetration, quickness & determination nation and he plays 2 minutes??? FM is losing his players & the fan base with his antics. Let the guys occasionally play thru there mistakes!
From Frank to the play, a somewhat negative aura has fallen upon the program. You could sense an air of resignation about the season the last fleeting minutes of the game. It's not good.

Maybe its been discussed already, sorry if so; what was up with Martin shoving/slinging or whatever the player during a timeout?

I've been a Martin supporter but I gotta say i'm beyond tired of that #$%^ and kind of ready to wave bye bye.

Maybe its been discussed already, sorry if so; what was up with Martin shoving/slinging or whatever the player during a timeout?

I've been a Martin supporter but I gotta say i'm beyond tired of that #$%^ and kind of ready to wave bye bye.
Another poster in another thread mentioned that he was pushing him toward the scorer's table to go check in - maybe he wasn't moving as quickly as CFM wanted. But yeah, I'm with you on the waving bye part...... Took me a while, but I'm there.

Last edited:
Another poster in another thread mentioned that he was pushing him toward the scorer's table to go check in - maybe he wasn't moving as quickly as CFM wanted. But yeah, I'm with you on the waving bye part...... Took me a while, but I'm there.
That was Frank's response to the question. But as much as I've wanted Frank to succeed, this has basically done it for me. It's bad enough that his recruiting is so god awful and his teams are horribly inconsistent and that he willfully will lose games with his best players on the bench just to prove a point (even though those losses have proven to keep us out of the Dance). But getting physical with players just looks bad and should be the final nail in the coffin.

That was Frank's response to the question. But as much as I've wanted Frank to succeed, this has basically done it for me. It's bad enough that his recruiting is so god awful and his teams are horribly inconsistent and that he willfully will lose games with his best players on the bench just to prove a point (even though those losses have proven to keep us out of the Dance). But getting physical with players just looks bad and should be the final nail in the coffin.
Anyone who can remember the drivel I've posted on the FM topic knows that I recognized him as a way-above-average coach, then had to recognize his lack of ability to recruit and retain players, and now have reached the point where I believe he needs to go.
But...the "shove" needs a little more context and a few more seconds/wider angle. No one is in favor of physically assaulting players, but "intent" is very important here. If the shove was not done out of anger/frustration and was simply moving the player in the right direction, I'm not making a big deal. I'm not saying that is what happened...just spit-balling.
One of the more interesting things I've witnessed of a physical nature in basketball was a player coming off the court and his animated coach slapping him right upside the head. The player and coach immediately had a laugh about it. The coach was also the player's football coach. The player had just completed a successful stint on the court, the coach got excited and gave him a helmet slap in enthusiasm...but of course, the kid wasn't wearing a helmet.

From Frank to the play, a somewhat negative aura has fallen upon the program. You could sense an air of resignation about the season the last fleeting minutes of the game. It's not good.
I agree. Watching the coaching staff, it looks like they're going through the motions. Frank might get up and scream at a player for a turnover or bad foul, but otherwise he seems uninterested or annoyed. Maybe Spurrier is right that 10 years is about time for coaches and programs to part company.

Anyone who can remember the drivel I've posted on the FM topic knows that I recognized him as a way-above-average coach, then had to recognize his lack of ability to recruit and retain players, and now have reached the point where I believe he needs to go.
But...the "shove" needs a little more context and a few more seconds/wider angle. No one is in favor of physically assaulting players, but "intent" is very important here. If the shove was not done out of anger/frustration and was simply moving the player in the right direction, I'm not making a big deal. I'm not saying that is what happened...just spit-balling.
One of the more interesting things I've witnessed of a physical nature in basketball was a player coming off the court and his animated coach slapping him right upside the head. The player and coach immediately had a laugh about it. The coach was also the player's football coach. The player had just completed a successful stint on the court, the coach got excited and gave him a helmet slap in enthusiasm...but of course, the kid wasn't wearing a helmet.
I agree context is key. But Frank looked plenty pissed off to me in that clip. As someone else pointed out, this type of behavior is cumulative at this point. And when he's losing like he is, he's just not going to get the benefit of the doubt from many fans.

Reactions: Jon Snow
I am worried he might take his talents to the "transfer portal"
Underrated post... It's obvious when he's on the court that he is a better basketball player than the players in front of him. So what is the deal. PLAY HIM or I'm afraid we lose him.. He's one of our own, home grown athletes that wanted to be a Gamecock.. I remember how excited he was to go to the games and support the team last year. I know that he knows he's better but he continues to be positive on the bench. It's got to frustrated him, hell, I'm frustrated for him.

Reactions: 92Pony
I really like Hannibal, from what I recall he makes some very Freshman like mistakes at times, but he's one of the few players to consistently play with heart. I see no reason why he's not averaging 15-20 minutes a game. The only thing I can i can see that might be an issue is his conditioning, I remember him cramping really bad at Clemson. If it's not conditioning then Frank is doing a disservice to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT