ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Independence Day July 4th to all.

An observer of life and Independence Day Fireworks. I sit with others awaiting dusk so the show can begin. We speak to those we don't know, maybe share a bottle of water. Nearby, kids play happily with ball and glove, or fetch with their dog. The sound of their laughter rings out. It's a family atmosphere . I am reminded though that each mortar that goes up and bursts into beautiful patterns and colors is a brief reminder of the mortar shells and bombs our troops endure to provide this very freedom we enjoy. They slept in foxholes or tents so that we sleep in comfortable beds. They endure days without food so that we can have plenty. As you watch the Fireworks, remember the name of a veteran and pray for them. Remember their sacrifice. Thank them when you see them. I am not sure the current generation would be up to the challenge of the Greatest generation and the Viet Nam era vets or even Dessert Storm.

Be careful tonight as you enjoy the Fireworks and remember there will be those on the road tonight who have been celebrating in a different way with alcohol. Watch out for each other Happy 4th FGF

tenor.gif

Just fired up the pot for a big ole low country boil! Happy 4th everyone!

Sounds great. I'm definitely going to have to give it a try sometime.
He's right Freddie. I've made it twice in the last two or three weeks. You can google a recipe so you know the order to put the ingredients in and how long to cook after adding them. Really simple. And soooo good.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Happy Independence Day. Was out on Lake Keowee and it was good to see a lot of Red, White and Blue flying proud. God Bless America. The greatest country this world has seen.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Two things we can always count on every July 4th: Lee Greenwood will have a gig somewhere, and Will Smith and Bill Pullman will kick some alien a$$! Go, America!
And jeff2001's. Red, white and blue underwear. You want to see?

What American flag? I have my new BLM flag I got from Amazon. That’s why I put my flag pole up in the first place.
Do you think BLM will speak out against black on black shooting/crimes in our great country? These deaths of all and especially young children are sad. I hope BLM will actively stand against this.

Do you think BLM will speak out against black on black shooting/crimes in our great country? These deaths of all and especially young children are sad. I hope BLM will actively stand against this.

Sure, some already have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT