ADVERTISEMENT

Hard coaching decisions

linkthree

Gold Member
May 29, 2007
First off, I'm a Muschamp supporter. It was a good hire, definitely the best available, and he has diligently worked on building the team with a focus on both lines. In another 2 years we should be deep enough to with stand an injury plagued year like this year. My opinion.

My biggest concern is his repeated statements that he will play the best player, yet he doesn't seem to follow that at QB. My coaches of the year in college football are Saban, Dabo (very hard for me to write that), and to a lesser extent Kirby Smart. They made some of the toughest decisions on quarterbacks I've ever seen. Replacing established, championship guys with new ones. All three teams are in the top 5 nationally and one will be national champion. Sure they have all the other parts, but without one of those QB changes they might be one game away.

Our coach won't even let another QB play when our starter is playing awful...not even one series. in the short run that will cause other QB's to transfer (and we have good ones coming in) and team dissention, and in the long run cost him his job (and bring us to another 5 year rebuilding job).

So, is he going to be capable of making these decisions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News