ADVERTISEMENT

Headed on My Third Trip to Columbia

The-Hack

Oct 1, 2016
Came down for a Cat win in ‘15, and a loss in ‘19.

Always been treated well by the locals.

We have a USC poster named “Whit,” or “Whitmire” making an open invitation to his “train cars.” I’ve seen the “Cockabooses,” or whatever they are called.

We bring about 2.5K to Columbia, typically, so if we take him up on the invite, it might get crowded!!

Check out our Rivals forum for a discussion if that invite is legit.

Does Rogers do the Heisman thing still for like $20 bucks? I’d like to do that and have missed out the last two trips.

Last edited:
Reactions: bayrooster
Hope you have a safe trip but go home with a loss lol.

We have a USC poster named “Whit,” or “Whitmire” making an open invitation to his “train cars.” I’ve seen the “Cockabooses,” or whatever they are called.

We bring about 2.5K to Columbia, typically, so if we take him up on the invite, it might get crowded!!

Does Rogers do the Heisman thing still for like $20 bucks? I’d like to do that and have missed out the last two trips.
I'm not sure if Big George still does that or not.
Hope you have safe travels but obviously hope USC wins
Do you have anything else planned besides the game?

Reactions: taiwancock
Do you have anything else planned besides the game?
No.

Odd you should ask as work brought me to Columbia (for a Court appearance) two days before the game in 2019 . . . . client agreed to pay the Hotel for three nights, and gas, so we rode down together.

Did the State Capitol, did the huge Museum, hung around downtown and campus for two days . . . found a Yuppie area of town after you go under a funky railroad overpass with lots of concrete . . . .

I liked Columbia, but it was mid-nineties daytime highs in late September.

Area around the stadium has improved significantly even since 2019 so you should have a great time. Excellent weather for the next several days too. The SEC Nation crew will be setting up on The Horseshoe (which is the original campus) is 2.5 miles from Williams Brice, and is worth checking out if you haven’t, and there are plenty of parking spots around there (and should be open early) when they’re airing. Have a great trip, except for the score 😎

Area around the stadium has improved significantly even since 2019
In 2019, there was a fairgrounds across the street, one big arse service station in the shadow of the stadium, and "National Guard Road," or "Armory Road" with apartments behind the National Guard place. A waiter gave us the code for the apartments, and that wasn't a bad walk.

His first name wouldn't be Bill would it?

No.

Odd you should ask as work brought me to Columbia (for a Court appearance) two days before the game in 2019 . . . . client agreed to pay the Hotel for three nights, and gas, so we rode down together.

Did the State Capitol, did the huge Museum, hung around downtown and campus for two days . . . found a Yuppie area of town after you go under a funky railroad overpass with lots of concrete . . . .

I liked Columbia, but it was mid-nineties daytime highs in late September.
Yes we are known for our heat and humidity lol.
We have a natl park now so the next time you are in town you should plan to visit Congaree Swamp aka natl park.
I can get you set up to do a paddle down the Saluda River as well if you like that kinda thing. It's a beautiful river/paddle.
Enjoy your trip!

Reactions: The-Hack
Hey Cat, just dont extend your stay of hospitality.....Unless you bring a real bottle of Kentucky Windage, then you can stay all night !!!!! Go Cocks !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT