ADVERTISEMENT

Heads up, your game tickets no longer get you into the fair for free

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Just got an article notification about parking and they noted that your game tickets won’t get you into the fair like past years. So if you want fair food you’re going to have to buy a fair ticket. They must really be trying hard to make sure the crowd for Saturday is 40,000. Whose dumb idea was this?

Just got an article notification about parking and they noted that your game tickets won’t get you into the fair like past years. So if you want fair food you’re going to have to buy a fair ticket. They must really be trying hard to make sure the crowd for Saturday is 40,000. Whose dumb idea was this?
Probably more of a reflection of trying to rake in every dollar they can from the Covid cancelled fair last year.

Having said that, this is usually a tradition and it’s sad to see it go. Some despise the fair week game, I like being able to make an entire day of it with the family.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Probably more of a reflection of trying to rake in every dollar they can from the Covid cancelled fair last year.

Having said that, this is usually a tradition and it’s sad to see it go. Some despise the fair week game, I like being able to make an entire day of it with the family.
It’s weird because parking is opening at 9am so what are you supposed to do with all that time before the game? Just seems like the more money they try to make the less they’ll end up making with decisions like this.

It’s weird because parking is opening at 9am so what are you supposed to do with all that time before the game? Just seems like the more money they try to make the less they’ll end up making with decisions like this.
I agree. My guess is they think they’ll get X amount of customers regardless. I tend to agree with you though. Let those people in and they’ll likely spend money anyway.

I agree. My guess is they think they’ll get X amount of customers regardless. I tend to agree with you though. Let those people in and they’ll likely spend money anyway.
Yeah I mean it’s very unlikely many fans are going to buy a ticket just to eat food. So instead of getting those fans in to buy SOMETHING, they won’t be buying anything. Think I’m doubly happy about my decision to just go over to a friends house to watch this one.

Yeah I mean it’s very unlikely many fans are going to buy a ticket just to eat food. So instead of getting those fans in to buy SOMETHING, they won’t be buying anything. Think I’m doubly happy about my decision to just go over to a friends house to watch this one.
Beamer says give your tickets away or let the Gamecock ticket office know. LOL

I don't think they've done that for some years now. I think you could get in at a reduced admission price by showing your game tickets, but the getting in free with your game ticket I think was done away with a while ago.
I know they let me in free when we played La Tech, but I haven’t been to a fair game since then.

As of two years ago you could get in to eat food and if you stayed less than an hour they would on the spot refund your money, lunchtime. Military retirees get in free.

Texas/OU ticket holders got free admission to the Texas State Fair. That's a fair you have to see to believe.

If I were running things I would allow ticket holders in for free before the game. but charge for entrance after say 5pm.. This would create more revenue for the fair while things are slower in the morning and also help with USC parking.

Just have the fair during an away game week... Takes too much parking away from football. Attendance at the game will already be bad, but with the fair in town, we might not even fill the lower bowl.

The fair needs to be moved to Pickens county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT