ADVERTISEMENT

heard today of a top flight walk on coming to USC this year...

Yes he had major offers but the schools he was considering filled up at WR, at one point 15 offers, Tenn, UGA, lower offers such as East Carolina and App state backed off because of the bigger offers which dissipated.

Had a strong performance at the Nike Opening in Charlotte last year where he ranked in the top 20 of more than 300 athletes.

As a sophomore, he finished third in the state in the 200 meters at the Class 4A championships. As Junior, he was second to Feaster who set state record. I don't know how his Senior year went.

Didn't have a huge year, 30 catches for 454 yards and 5 td's, and had an ankle injury in playoffs, elite speed, it would not shock me to see the staff flip him to corner given the young talent at WR.

Really bright student, with excellent academics from all the reports

#12 in the state by 24/7

Im very happy about this as well!

kenny-powers-main.gif

Austin Connor WR from Dutch Fork. He has been a 4 year starter with his best 2 years being when he was a freshman and sophomore having been slowed down by nagging injuries his last 2. Heard that Boom was ecstatic to get him. He is a steal with near world class speed and is an outstanding young man academically as well.

I know there is a good reason but why are we not giving him a scholarship?

I wouldn't be surprised if he does have a full scholarship, an academic one. He is going where he wants to go not for just football but for the academics. Quite honestly I like that a lot.

Only this crowd could question getting a guy like this...ha ha....I belive it was just circumstances. Schollies fill up. I imagine he will get one soon enough, we just have the luxury of finding out if he's just a camp super star or the real thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT