ADVERTISEMENT

Helloooooo Out there..... Did I miss something???? When did Tanner introduced

O'Sullivan isn't leaving Florida. Kingston would be a very good hire. Do your homework on him... he has turned two non-descript programs into winners as a head coach and has a great reputation as a recruiter (with ties to the state of Florida obviously). Just think what he could do at a school such as USC that actually has money, facilities, and fans. Go look up what national baseball writers say about this guy, he is legit in my mind. Would welcome him in a heartbeat.

O'Sullivan isn't leaving Florida. Kingston would be a very good hire. Do your homework on him... he has turned two non-descript programs into winners as a head coach and has a great reputation as a recruiter (with ties to the state of Florida obviously). Just think what he could do at a school such as USC that actually has money, facilities, and fans. Go look up what national baseball writers say about this guy, he is legit in my mind. Would welcome him in a heartbeat.

Sorry, but Chad was a great recruiter.... And the things said about Mark were the same things about Chad...

You can give him a basic contract without breaking the bank and going to the BOT for approval... The approval comes after the hire...
WRONG! You make an offer to a coach. Then he either accepts or rejects. You cannot make an offer of a contract without Board approval. Cart - Meet Horse.

The more I read about him and others opinions of him, I will be disappointed if Tanner doesn't hire him. Good, young coach....will make some program very successful....hope its ours.

Reactions: gamecock ed
OK! SO WE HAVE A COACH! ANOTHER CHAD???

No. Aren't you listening? The Board is considering a contract - Step 1. If approved they will offer to the prospective candidate whoever that is - Step 2. Then he will consider it and either accept, reject, or try to negotiate it. - Step 3. If accepted, we have a new coach. If not repeat Step 1 with another candidate.

Reactions: gamecock ed

This one is consuming some STRONG kool-aid.

Sorry, but Chad was a great recruiter.... And the things said about Mark were the same things about Chad...

Listen to this guy. He has a point.

This one is consuming some STRONG kool-aid.

Listen to this guy. He has a point.
Chad was a good recruiter but who hasn't been atleast on paper at south Carolina. What chad wasn't was a head coach, and I struggle to understand how many refused to see that or just couldn't understand it.
Before you go saying "we should have kept chad" see what the guy can do. Time will tell and no need to pout because we didn't get a big name guy. Keep in mind O'Sullivan, McDonnell, Casey, O'Connor didn't have as good of a resume as Kingston when they were hired as head coaches at power 5 schools

Last edited:
No. Aren't you listening? The Board is considering a contract - Step 1. If approved they will offer to the prospective candidate whoever that is - Step 2. Then he will consider it and either accept, reject, or try to negotiate it. - Step 3. If accepted, we have a new coach. If not repeat Step 1 with another candidate.

And we hire Spurrier and Holtz without BOT approval...

Martin too...

Chad was a good recruiter but who hasn't been atleast on paper at south Carolina. What chad wasn't was a head coach, and I struggle to understand how many refused to see that or just couldn't understand it.
Before you go saying "we should have kept chad" see what the guy can do. Time will tell and no need to pout because we didn't get a big name guy. Keep in mind O'Sullivan, McDonnell, Casey, O'Connor didn't have as good of a resume as Kingston when they were hired as head coaches at power 5 schools

This is the resume...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kingston_(baseball)

I've been researching Kingston and I think Tanner made a good choice. At first I thought he screwed the pooch but this guy is young and hungry to make a name for himself, great recruiter and coach so you can't ask for much more. In the past USC should be made these type hires instead of the old retread coaches with 5 years max before retiring.

I'm going to support Kingston and Tanner 100% on this one.

Those same comments about being a great recruiter were made about Holbrook lol

How about a hard commit from all you posters that hate the Kingston hire so much that you are giving up your season baseball tickets this week. Roll Call......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT