ADVERTISEMENT

Here's what we should do next year to retaliate for Dabo running up the score.

I think we should put 11 big dudes over against his 11—making it 1 for 1—and say to our guys, "Hey guys, you stop Dabo's team from scoring." In fact, I'm so pissed about it that I think we should train those guys to do nothing but stop the opponent from scoring. That'll show him!

I think it's called defense??? Something we don't have and won't have for awhile...

Teams with very bad defense won't be fixed over night, it will take at least 3 more years with very good Freshman coming in, not 1 or 2 years fixes like transfers from JC or graduated players...

Or get a new DC and change up schemes and teach proper technique of tackling....

Oops, there I go again... Asking for a new DC...

I think we should put 11 big dudes over against his 11—making it 1 for 1—and say to our guys, "Hey guys, you stop Dabo's team from scoring." In fact, I'm so pissed about it that I think we should train those guys to do nothing but stop the opponent from scoring. That'll show him!
And let Zach Pickens score a rushing TD like show-dog Wilkins did because ZP has been running the ball all year at Hanna.

This thread is painful...We didn't win the game.

What we do next time is win the game and everything else will take care of itself.

We know very well what 5 in a row feels like. It starts again in columbia next meeting. Piss on clemson. They will get bitch slapped in the playoffs by bama or Georgia. The sooners would hang 80 on them. There next solid oppenent will have a healthy defense to shut them down and pass all over them like 2 sec teams already has.

Just FYI, I dont think any of you played in the game?? I too Bet on the Cocks, and I have a wallet fuill of cash based on the outcome.. What do you Tater fans have?? "Bragging Rights"... I will sell you that every year for $500.00

We're making progress. The Clembillies can see it. Their time is coming and it may be sooner than they think.

They couldn't stop us and just about all of our offense is coming back. Our defense will be much better next year and hopefully, we will play them fully healthy. I'm pleased with the progress personally.

They won the game but they are far from what they think they are this year. The playoffs will expose them even more severely than we did.

You have made some progress. You are falling further behind in the big picture though. Recruiting is the life blood of college football and right now there are 10 SEC teams ahead of you, 1 right behind you who will finish above you and then there is CLEMSON who is top 5 and will probably finish in the top 3. Georgia is loaded, Florida, LSU and even Tennesse has righted their ship and will only get better and better, MissSt, Kentucky and Ol Miss are no sure things anymore, and then you have to play Texas A&M every season who is fighting for the #1 spot in recruiting right now.
So it is possible to have a top 15 class, but still finish behind 10 or 11 teams from your own conference and CLEMSON. Coaching them up and S&C will determine the progress in the future. I'm not saying it can't be done, but that is a hard row to hoe year in and year out. You really have to make hay on the years that Bama and LSU aren't on your schedule. On a side note, I thought the game plan that your coaches had on offense Saturday was excellent. They had nothing to lose and could and did try everything under the sun. Kudo's to them, Glad there were no stupid antics by either team and we both can eagerly await the rest of this season and look forward to great things next!

I just hope we never sink to the point of this type of griping and "celebrating" a 21 point loss to our rival because that was a better outcome than we were expecting." CUGrad87

So that being said, would you care to Google the quote of your Head Coach made recently about his thoughts on his 6-6 season and how that was a turning point to the program. And here is another fact for you. That was in his third year if you count the fact that he took over mid-season in 2008.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
Man, it's always something with you guys.

2016 - "Their players said some mean things to our players before the game."

2017 - "Their players taunted our fans in the end zone before the game."

2018 - "Dabo ran it up the middle instead of taking a knee."

2019 - ??

Good grief! Dabo put the subs in with about 10 minutes left in the game up 49-21. Don't you think if he wanted to run it up, he would have left the starters in the whole game? To your credit, you came back a bit against our subs and he had to insert starters back in.

I just hope we never sink to the point of this type of griping and "celebrating" a 21 point loss to our rival because that was a better outcome than we were expecting.

Dabo hurrying the offensive starters to the ball to run another play, and run up the score, is not the problem. Datboy trying to act like he didn't do that is the problem. He tells the fans to be happy with a win, but obviously he wasn't happy with a 14 point win.

When questioned on this matter Woody Hayes was asked why he went for 2 instead of 1 in a runaway at Ohio State remarked "cause I couldn't go for three." It's win big when you are trying to impress for the final 4. Don't like it but that's football now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT