ADVERTISEMENT

Hey ClemDent and anyone else who needs a good laugh.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I called Clear Choice in Fort Mill, SC today to see if my oral surgery scheduled for May 5th is still going to be performed. The person I talked to said it was still scheduled and as things stand today they are planning to perform the surgery May 5th. The Clear Choice employee went on to say they were planning to call me later this week or the first of next week to go over the details of what I personally needed to do to prepare for the surgery. And when they get to the point of calling you to help one get ready for the surgery it kind of means it's a "go". To be honest it really surprises me, but I guess the ban on non-essential surgeries in SC has been lifted or will be lifted by May 5th.

Now the funny part. I can't even get a hair cut in NC. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: traildust55
I had a non-essential surgery scheduled for March 19th. It was postponed. I got called last week and it is now scheduled for April 30th. Kinda surprised, but will be glad to get it over with.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I called Clear Choice in Fort Mill, SC today to see if my oral surgery scheduled for May 5th is still going to be performed. The person I talked to said it was still scheduled and as things stand today they are planning to perform the surgery May 5th. The Clear Choice employee went on to day they were planning to call me later this week or the first of next week to go over the details of what I personally needed to do to prepare for the surgery. And when they get to the point of calling you to help one get ready for the surgery it kind of means it's a "go". To be honest it really surprises me, but I guess the ban on non-essential surgeries in SC has been lifted or will be lifted by May 5th.

Now the funny part. I can't even get a hair cut in NC. LOL!
Based on some recent rumblings I’m hearing in SC it doesn’t surprise me too much, particularly since it’s a surgery. It’s looking like SC Board will more than likely issue new “guidance” that we can start seeing patients again, with certain considerations. In a surgery setting the COVID19 risk to you is minimal. You have a better chance of getting it from going to the gas station. They are more afraid of you LOL. Looking back, I believe their main concern was 1) consuming PPE that might be needed for hospitals 2) risk/liability for their employees. I’d say even if they cancelled you at this point you’d get rescheduled within the month of May. Good luck!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I wonder if there will be class action suits against insurance carriers who how have low risk (people not doing anything) and paid for services deemed not essential such as teeth cleaning.

I wonder if there will be class action suits against insurance carriers who how have low risk (people not doing anything) and paid for services deemed not essential such as teeth cleaning.
1) will people sue, sure, it’s the American way 2) however, at least in SC, the dental board has only issued recommendations. There have been no mandates. All the office closures have been voluntary. So in theory you are well within your legal rights to be open and seeing patients. Now, if you have someone come in with COVID19 for a cleaning and your staff gets sick and then passes it on to another patient, then good luck getting any help from the Board.

1) will people sue, sure, it’s the American way 2) however, at least in SC, the dental board has only issued recommendations. There have been no mandates. All the office closures have been voluntary. So in theory you are well within your legal rights to be open and seeing patients. Now, if you have someone come in with COVID19 for a cleaning and your staff gets sick and then passes it on to another patient, then good luck getting any help from the Board.

Thanks for the information. My comment was related to insurance companies that took money but didn’t pay out since offices were closed for whatever reason. They should extend the period since they weren’t providing any payments.

Thanks for the information. My comment was related to insurance companies that took money but didn’t pay out since offices were closed for whatever reason. They should extend the period since they weren’t providing any payments.
I see. Sorry. Yes, I absolutely agree.

Based on some recent rumblings I’m hearing in SC it doesn’t surprise me too much, particularly since it’s a surgery. It’s looking like SC Board will more than likely issue new “guidance” that we can start seeing patients again, with certain considerations. In a surgery setting the COVID19 risk to you is minimal. You have a better chance of getting it from going to the gas station. They are more afraid of you LOL. Looking back, I believe their main concern was 1) consuming PPE that might be needed for hospitals 2) risk/liability for their employees. I’d say even if they cancelled you at this point you’d get rescheduled within the month of May. Good luck!

Thanks very much. My wife has been worried that I might get Covid-19 during the surgery but this will put her mind at ease. Thanks for the input.

I had a non-essential surgery scheduled for March 19th. It was postponed. I got called last week and it is now scheduled for April 30th. Kinda surprised, but will be glad to get it over with.

I will be glad to get mine over with, too. We have been playing around with this for months now. But, to be fair I could have had it done in February but my wife didn't want to do it then because of several things going on at that time so we scheduled it for April 6th and it got postponed because of Covid-19. But, I'm ready to do it and get it over with as soon as possible.

Reactions: boykinlp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT