ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Ray, I have great season tickets but haven't been to a game yet...WHY?

Because as long a CHAD is here, I'm note going to support his continued efforts. CHAD is over his head. Our players and the program deserve better!!!
Last weekend was a bad sign for Coach Holbrook. When has our park been that empty in a big series? That is when you know the end is near.

We have become a Jack Leggett team where we are just good enough to make a regional, then we get bounced. If that is our standard for USC baseball fans will say no thanks.

5 years is plenty of time to gauge the state of a program. Coach Holbrook inherited a powerhouse and unfortunately we are trending downward. I hope we right the ship and make a post season run but honestly, do you have confidence we will?

ARDLREBYKJZDNDQ.20060515010150.jpg

Reactions: sadd66
Because as long a CHAD is here, I'm note going to support his continued efforts. CHAD is over his head. Our players and the program deserve better!!!
You do realize that once they have your money for season tickets and seat fees, not going doesn't hurt them as bad as you'd like to believe.

You do realize that once they have your money for season tickets and seat fees, not going doesn't hurt them as bad as you'd like to believe.
You don't think empty seats hurts financially? Parking, concessions???

I understand some have season tickets so they get money up front but the loss of concession and business around the stadium is taking a beating.

I would also think Coach Tanner see's the empty seats and realizes we have a problem. Will those that bought tickets but don't show up this season buy tickets again if a change isn't made? Maybe, but is that a chance we take?

If a coach took over a down program 5 years would be plenty of time to see if he/she can get job done. Our coach took over a team that had won 2 Nat'l titles and played for a 3rd title in the 3 prior years to him taking over. Those days seem a long time ago now.

No monetarily it doesn't hurt as bad as many would like to believe. We make the bulk of our revenue off ticket sales.

Yes, it looks bad, but as long as they can continue to announce paid attendance, that's what matters. Was there really 8,012 there on Saturday?

Baseball is not a big revenue sport but still we have a tradition and fans full of pride. When they stop coming to big SEC series something's wrong.

May not be the biggest revenue sport but they certainly have paid CHAD like it is. Let him go back to UNCCH, drive his expensive cars and be a dugout statue up there.

Reactions: GSGP69
shouldddd
we should have never let Clemson get Monty Lee.

No body gets beat by 15 runs 2 years by the same team. That is Chads old team, funny don't you think.
We will never have a winner again as long as Rays
hand picked man (CHAD) is our coach. Nice guy, but
not a good coach.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Think this year is bad.....Wait til next year unless we get some top flight pitchers coming in. Schmidt, Crowe, Johnson, Bowers, Reagan, and Scott are all gone. That is probably 85% of innings pitched this year.

RT sees the empty seats as a reminder of our fickle fans, the same fans that were calling for him to be fired in 2010.
Lol...the fickle fans that packed the stands unlike the fickle ones who don't show up now.

Once the check clears it's up to you whether you attend or not it's like a college once you pay up then it's your call as to if you attend class or not. I say give the tickets to someone who will attend the games but you can't get them back if things turn around. Chad was the coach when the season tickets were purchases y'all must have had faith in him then. It's time for a team meeting though.

No monetarily it doesn't hurt as bad as many would like to believe. We make the bulk of our revenue off ticket sales.

Yes, it looks bad, but as long as they can continue to announce paid attendance, that's what matters. Was there really 8,012 there on Saturday?
i wouldnt sneeze at the concessions . We make a nice profit there, ,i do believe.

Exactly!! I told my dad, this series was with two teams that had combined to play in 5 of the last 7 Championship series, winning 3, and its empty....

Last weekend was a bad sign for Coach Holbrook. When has our park been that empty in a big series? That is when you know the end is near.

We have become a Jack Leggett team where we are just good enough to make a regional, then we get bounced. If that is our standard for USC baseball fans will say no thanks.

5 years is plenty of time to gauge the state of a program. Coach Holbrook inherited a powerhouse and unfortunately we are trending downward. I hope we right the ship and make a post season run but honestly, do you have confidence we will?

It's so sad that because of your dislike of the coach, that you're not gonna support the student-athlete. They are the ones on the field, who need the support whether we like the coach or not. So sad. SMH

Yes, but when Pastidis and his finance boys start asking for NEXT year's projected revenue, specifically ticket sales for baseball, hold your noses, because every toilet in the AD will be clogged with s_ _ _!

Reactions: RaginRooster
Sure you don't...it doesn't fit your agenda!
Yeah "my agenda" that says Ray had to rebuild a program when he took over and Chad didn't. If Chad is rebuilding, it's something he let falter. I don't recall fans calling for Ray's head in 2010 but they were in the minority and I wasn't one of them. Ray had just gotten the new park built the year before and could at least say he'd been to Omaha at that point-3 times as head coach. Chad can't say the same.

Last edited:
Don't know why fans can't wait til the season is over to see where the team finishes before they jump ship. Yes, it's been a bad couple of weeks, but be real. A college baseball coach whose team is one game out of first place in the SEC and is coming off a year that he brought the team to the SUPER REGIONAL is not going to get fired. Go to the game, suppor the players (if you're not going to support the coach), and enjoy a day at the ball park.

I remember Ray telling a story of how earlier in his career he kept losing in the Supers and they were down vs. Miami and he said he was even wondering if he could win the big one and get to the CWS. He finally did.

There is a certain segment of the fan base who have dug in their heels and would rather see the team lose just so they could say they were "right." (Note: your self worth is not determined by what 20 year old boys due on the baseball field). So tired of the whole "he was give the keys to a Ferrari" argument. All those kids graduated. He has brought in good talent, they just need one of those leaders, who isn't the best player on the team, to take charge... a Morales or Wingo. IMO, that's what this team is missing.

I'll be at all 3 games with my kids this weekend enjoying good weather, ice cream in a little batting helmet, and hopefully somes USC wins! Go Gamecocks!

I know I want to win every game. I celebrate if we win and get mad when we lose. I hope Chad proves the doubters wrong and we go to Omaha and win it all. Hopefully the negativity lights a fire under him and team. He's well aware of it.

Reactions: Silverspur02

Might Tebow's appearance down the road have impacted attendance?

Same crowd that hated Frank Martin before the NCAAs. By the way the OP is BS on season ticket holder not using them all year .
One coach has the pithy saying "Baseball is a cruel game."
Another coach has the saying "Embrace the pressure. We eat pressure like candy."
Which coach is going to be a success?

Last edited:
Yeah "my agenda" that says Ray had to rebuild a program when he took over and Chad didn't. If Chad is rebuilding, it's something he let falter. I don't recall fans calling for Ray's head in 2010 but they were in the minority and I wasn't one of them. Ray had just gotten the new park built the year before and could at least say he'd been to Omaha at that point-3 times as head coach. Chad can't say the same.

Then you sure was not reading this message board. 2009 and 2010 after losing the series to clemsux and especially the 19-6 drubbing at home had just as many calling for Ray to be fired as there is now.

People have selective memory now with Ray Tanner. They only remember 2010 CWS and 2011 CWS wins. They don't remember the struggles that the Gamecocks went thru to get there. They don't remember the Super Regional loss to ULL and not even hosting a regional in his brand new ballpark in 2009, or losing twice to his alma mater in the Raleigh regional.
But this board was every bit as negative to Ray as they are now with Holbrook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT