ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Taters We Got Belk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! They've been quiet since losing their regional, but I imagine this news will have them crawling out from under their rocks.

Tater logic. They are dogging Belk for wanting to be closer to his mom and family. Yet they praise Dabo for sleeping with his mom. What a bunch of morons

If transferring had anything to do with his family, why was Belk considering UGA and Tennessee?

If anything it appears he was unhappy at Clemson because he expected the starting job to be handed to him without having to work for it, and obviously that wasn't gonna happen.

If transferring had anything to do with his family, why was Belk considering UGA and Tennessee?

If anything it appears he was unhappy at Clemson because he expected the starting job to be handed to him without having to work for it, and obviously that wasn't gonna happen.

Clemson lists a grand total of 6 DT on It's roster this season, 2 of which will be gone after this year, so they'll be razor thin at the position next year. Datboy has stated several times that Belk had a great spring, so that sort of tears a hole in the "he's lazy" theory.

F6FqcMCtBX-2_zpsmr2yakeu.png

It's exciting to get some good recruits, but it does seem like we should taper the smack talk a bit until we actually win something.

It's easy for them to be quiet right now. They are fat and Happy off of several consecutive wins against us and a National title...

QB Cooper
QB Israel
QB Johnson
DT Robinson
DT Johnson
DT Belk
TE Bell
RB Fuller
DB Trapp

I guess they're all lazy and not willing to work for a spot on the field? But how can that be when all we hear from you taters is that Datboy only recruits high character, high moral, elite recruits? Remember when Datboy said Clemson doesn't recruit, it selects? Well, maybe Datboy should stop "selecting" so many lazy players unwilling to put it the work for playing time.

Clemson lists a grand total of 6 DT on It's roster this season, 2 of which will be gone after this year, so they'll be razor thin at the position next year. Datboy has stated several times that Belk had a great spring, so that sort of tears a hole in the "he's lazy" theory.

Three will be gone, leaving three plus the 2019 recruits. Every year, there are just a handful of DT recruits like Dex Lawrence or Christian Wilkins who can start right away on a CFP contender. Get just one of them and it will be OK.

Three will be gone, leaving three plus the 2019 recruits. Every year, there are just a handful of DT recruits like Dex Lawrence or Christian Wilkins who can start right away on a CFP contender. Get just one of them and it will be OK.

Relying on true freshman to come in and compete is never a good plan, especially at a developmental position like defensive line. Slice it anyway you like, but Clemson will be very thin at the position after this season.

It's going to be so fun to see Bentley do his thang in Death Valley this year. With Deebo back we ready.

Relying on true freshman to come in and compete is never a good plan, especially at a developmental position like defensive line. Slice it anyway you like, but Clemson will be very thin at the position after this season.

It worked out in ‘15 (Wilkins) and ‘16 (Lawrence). Starting freshmen on the OL those two years also (Hyatt, Pollard). Get the right players, combine with good coaches and strength program and it will be fine.

Yall should probably worry more about beating Clemson than what kids we have lost. We are recruiting at an elite level. Losing one player will not hurt Clemaon with the way we are recruiting

Never have worried about Pickens countyU before no worries moving forward.....

Thank you for the advice

Don't you know Clemson lost to Syracuse because Kelly Bryant got injured? Even though most taters now say that KB sucks and should be benched for goldilocks

This actually upsets me that “Mr Effn Wonderful “ himself left Bryant in the game. But that said Cuse scored real points against that “mighty D” there QB reminded me of the man in my Avatar scrambling for first downs & such

Reactions: BigTomE
This is where Clemson's off the chart recruiting comes back to bite them in the butt from time to time. You get all of those 4 & 5 stars on the same team. And especially their DL where they seem to be loaded, and all of these kids have been told that for them college would be just a stopping point on their way to the NFL. Then that kid suddenly finds himself not starting, and seeing them sign kids behind him that may be better also. The curse of riches. Hopefully things in Columbia will get to the point to where when a 4-5 star wants to transfer it is viewed as little more than another open scholarship to be able to use in an area of more need.

Reactions: agantt
Yall should probably worry more about beating Clemson than what kids we have lost. We are recruiting at an elite level. Losing one player will not hurt Clemaon with the way we are recruiting

Not when Tillman is the culture of an University, refusal to remove and promote his name by the University via website and building. Hazing that requires participants to say Tillman quotes. Kids were not aware of the deep cultural hate Clemson was build upon and still exists today. Opportunities now to provide same as or better facilities and infrastructure by USC are playing a factor in state recruits to commit to USC.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Not when Tillman is the culture of an University, refusal to remove and promote his name by the University via website and building. Hazing that requires participants to say Tillman quotes. Kids were not aware of the deep cultural hate Clemson was build upon and still exists today. Opportunities now to provide same as or better facilities and infrastructure by USC are playing a factor in state recruits to commit to USC.

It is the most anti-black institution of higher learning in these United States. Blows my mind that those elite black athletes don't do the proper research before going there.

I think he always had full intentions of coming to USC. He just enjoyed a little of having those other 2 teams come after him.

You mean that my mighty D line racking up sacks against
Duke
Wake
Cuse ( oh wait not so much here)

Sigh....

The most sacks were against Auburn. 11 or 12, school record. But they weren't very good last year. And we almost never play Duke.

Last edited:
Expect more. This is a result of "hard sell" recruiting techniques. Push them to make a decision, promise them things you can't deliver....and they get disillusioned and regret their decisions. It gets you recruits, but it also gets you transfers...and a reputation.

I know Belk isn't a part of this 2019 Class, but that class is gonna be sick, the current commits of Pickens, Anderson and company, and we are heavy favorites for Dante Walker and Savion Jackson.

Reactions: funktavious
Glad we got him. He's a great pick up and from everything I've read, he was underrated late in the recruiting process. Come November, they'll be singing a different tune when Belk is tearing through their offensive line and slinging little miss sunshine to the ground.

I know Belk isn't a part of this 2019 Class, but that class is gonna be sick, the current commits of Pickens, Anderson and company, and we are heavy favorites for Dante Walker and Savion Jackson.
Don't forget Derrick McClendon. Hopefully we are better with him than 247 projects.

Glad we got him. He's a great pick up and from everything I've read, he was underrated late in the recruiting process. Come November, they'll be singing a different tune when Belk is tearing through their offensive line and slinging little miss sunshine to the ground.
Give the kid some time...IF he gets a hardship waiver and can compete this year, you can't expect many freshman DT to make too big an impact, needs some weight room. But waiver or not he should be dirty 2019.

QB Cooper
QB Israel
QB Johnson
DT Robinson
DT Johnson
DT Belk
TE Bell
RB Fuller
DB Trapp

I guess they're all lazy and not willing to work for a spot on the field? But how can that be when all we hear from you taters is that Datboy only recruits high character, high moral, elite recruits? Remember when Datboy said Clemson doesn't recruit, it selects? Well, maybe Datboy should stop "selecting" so many lazy players unwilling to put it the work for playing time.
Show stopper.
Last one out turn off the lights!

EB2E0B811909B52BF6DF6A0A15A88DF16E04F2ED

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT