ADVERTISEMENT

High-level 4-star Cortez Smith of Atlanta talks South Carolina OV from last weekend

Lee Wardlaw

Recruiting Editor
Gold Member
May 31, 2022
Cortez Smith spoke with me a few days ago about his official visit to South Carolina last weekend.

“South Carolina has definitely set the bar high for me,” Smith said of his official visit to Columbia to check in with head coach Shane Beamer and the Gamecocks last weekend.

The four-star who demonstrated blue-chip ability on tape was not only able to spend quality time with offensive line coach Lonnie Teasley, but also with potential future teammates while in Columbia.

“Yes, I did, and I enjoyed my time with the offensive line,” the athlete of Parkview High School in the Atlanta metro said.

Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Miami are among the other top four finalists in the running for the services of the 6-foot-4, 295-pounder of Parkview High School, but this is what stands out about the Gamecocks, according to Smith: “I have a great amount of respect for Coach Beamer and their culture. It is a family that is dedicated towards hard work,” the offensive guard ranked No. 7 at the position and No. 21 in the state who tendered scholarships from several big-name, Power Four programs, including Arkansas, Auburn, Duke, Florida State, LSU, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, and Virginia Tech, said.

He went into some more detail about the Gamecocks with Rivals' national analyst Sam Spiegelman four days ago. Smith will visit Miami (FL) this weekend.

Reactions: Caleb Alexander
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News